[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Something weird is happening to me

Savage Beatings

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear you're doing better. You'll probably have to go through some tests at the dr. I told my doctor a couple of years ago that I was getting headaches. I went through a bunch of tests that showed they were probably just headaches... probably cluster headaches more specifically. Glad I got them checked out so at least I know what to do now.

Hope all goes well Savage..You should get a check up anyway..Good luck bro.

At least have the wife look at it. :D

(It always makes ME feel better). :D

Now go get it checked out and let us know what's happening.

Edited by The Holy Roller

• 3 weeks later...

This is the first time I have read this post. WOW! I have been having trouble with blurred vision in one eye for a couple of months now. There is throbbing and itching from time to time. I went to the doctor, in fact I go back for a recheck in about an hour or so. Want to guess the cause? Think simple. Its very common according to the doc.

Dry eye. Gave me some drops. It really help. :D

I'm fine... ended up not going in to the doc that day, but came close (probably should have). My vision cleared up after an hour or so, but I remained dizzy and woozy for most of the day. I was fairly nervous for a while there... in essence I lost all peripheral vision in my right eye, and about 2/3 of my sight was a complete blur (but not all of it, which was the weird thing). I became dizzy and wasn't thinking all that clearly, but I laid down for a little bit (while at work) and that's it.

I honestly don't know what was going on, but I'll probably go in to see my family doctor sometime in the next month or so for an unrelated problem, and I'll bring it up then.

I'm fine... ended up not going in to the doc that day, but came close (probably should have). My vision cleared up after an hour or so, but I remained dizzy and woozy for most of the day. I was fairly nervous for a while there... in essence I lost all peripheral vision in my right eye, and about 2/3 of my sight was a complete blur (but not all of it, which was the weird thing). I became dizzy and wasn't thinking all that clearly, but I laid down for a little bit (while at work) and that's it.

I honestly don't know what was going on, but I'll probably go in to see my family doctor sometime in the next month or so for an unrelated problem, and I'll bring it up then.

Something similar happened to me and about three weeks later I had a stroke. Lucily I was at wok where there was a nurse who called an ambulace. Very lttle side affects. If I had been home I probably would have taken a nap, and who knows what the damage may have been. Don't put off seeing a doctor. Good luck.

Something similar happened to me and about three weeks later I had a stroke. Lucily I was at wok where there was a nurse who called an ambulace. Very lttle side affects. If I had been home I probably would have taken a nap, and who knows what the damage may have been. Don't put off seeing a doctor. Good luck.

SB, you should get an MRI to make sure you didn't have mini stroke. The same symptoms happened to a friend of mine. A few weeks later it happened again and this time he lost all eyesight in that eye. After a number of tests on his heart and brain, it was determined he had a stroke right behind his left eye. He had the dizziness and blurred vision just like you. If he had gone to the emergency room right away the second time it happened, they may have been able to save the eye.

If I may ask, how old are you?

I'm 36... you guys are kinda freaking me out with the stroke talk though. Knock it off would ya! :D

:D

Don't get freaked out. Get checked out. If you do have an issue, ignoring it because thinking about it freaks you out is not the most brilliant course of action :bash:

I'm 36... you guys are kinda freaking me out with the stroke talk though. Knock it off would ya! :D

My Dad has his first heart attack at 38 and was dead at 46. Age does not matter. He was a heavy smoker and overweight however it could happen to anyone. GO TO THE DOCTOR.

DDx:

Migraine with aura (scotoma)

Retinal detachment

Vitreous detachment

Optic neuritis

Partial retinal artery or vein occlusion

Cerebrovascular accident

Retinitis

Vitreous floater or hemorrhage

Glaucoma

According to Mom, all of these could be cured with aspirin or a cup of hot chocolate. :D

Don't get freaked out. Get checked out. If you do have an issue, ignoring it because thinking about it freaks you out is not the most brilliant course of action :bash:

Exactly! CHECK IT OUT NOW!!!! :D A good bud of mine had a stroke at ~43 and another last year. Survived both and finally got on disability last year after the second one.

Savage.......DON'T MESS AROUND!!!

Don't get freaked out. Get checked out. If you do have an issue, ignoring it because thinking about it freaks you out is not the most brilliant course of action :D

I think this is excellent advice.

There are a lot of things that can cause blurriness but unless your college degree came from a med school, I wouldn't take it on myself to consider it as a temporary thing. It is likely a sign of something else and better safe than sorry.

The eyes are nothing to play around with...