[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Has the Torch Been Passed

Rockerbraves

And whats up with NO stealing the Cincy who dat crap. I mean if you are going to steal a chant from another NFL team, at least make it something good. And now they are claiming to be America's team. LMMFAO, the Aints havent mattered in 30+ years and after this weekend, wont matter again for another 30. What a f'n joke.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And whats up with NO stealing the Cincy who dat crap. I mean if you are going to steal a chant from another NFL team, at least make it something good. And now they are claiming to be America's team. LMMFAO, the Aints havent mattered in 30+ years and after this weekend, wont matter again for another 30. What a f'n joke.

I agree if you are going to steal a chant why not steal one from arguably the best football program in the nation. Geaux Tigers seems to be working better than Go Bucks.

I believe the Bengals swiped the concept from N.O if im not mistaken..The Bengals say Who Dey but the Saints say who dat and it goes back to when they started 6-0 once ..Not sure which year

edit to add..A guy called in on sirius and claimed this ..That is my source I may be way off

Edited by whomper

I believe the Bengals swiped the concept from N.O if im not mistaken..The Bengals say Who Dey but the Saints say who dat and it goes back to when they started 6-0 once ..Not sure which year

edit to add..A guy called in on sirius and claimed this ..That is my source I may be way off

The Saints fans started using it in the late 1970s.

Heard this on WWL radio..."We don't want to be called America's team because were not, it's OUR team. People should stop calling them the new America's team and call them what they really are America's Dream." :D

I haven't been on or off the Saints bandwagon all year (want to see Colts vs. Sainst though) and I can only imagine how pumped the Saints fans are going into an NFC conference championship game considering the recent hurricane and beleguared franchise history. But that quote makes me want to :D from the sacchariny sweet cheeseballness.

I haven't been on or off the Saints bandwagon all year (want to see Colts vs. Sainst though) and I can only imagine how pumped the Saints fans are going into an NFC conference championship game considering the recent hurricane and beleguared franchise history. But that quote makes me want to :D from the sacchariny sweet cheeseballness.

My work here is done. :D

I think Dallas would win a poll in most states in America if the poll was on favorite teams of football fans that arent your home team..It is also true that Dallas is probably one of the most hated teams if you arent a fan..There arent a lot of people that can take or leave Dallas its usually love em or hate em.

Yep. Jeff Gordon syndrome.

That's exactly what I was thinking mymousekey. It must be the recent spotlight that has brought this to the attention of those that didn't know that the chant has been in New Orleans long enough to be of age to drink on Bourbon Street.

I have been to 30 + home Saints games....can I please root for them?

You vile stinking pile of runny scabby bloody diarrhea.

I mean, please?

Dont be afraud I I I mean afraid of what I think..Geaux for it :D

I was born in LA, but grew up in RI (3rd grade through high school). Someone mentioned Bishop Hendricken earlier in the thread… that’s my alma mater. Having said that, RI is a pretty deep hole – not much goes in or comes out.

I have some fond memories as a kid, especially during the summers, but once I started seeing other states as an adult I realized it was not an area of the country worth spending much time in. I still have family there, so I have to visit on occasion, but I usually don’t look forward to it….

I, like most of our sporting nation, was mildly interested when the Pats won their first Super Bowl against the Rams, but since that point the novelty has worn off and they are not even worth mentioning as a team worth of the “America’s Team” moniker. Frankly, outside of New England, no one gives much of a hoot for any of the teams there – including the Pats, Sox, etc.

This comes as a surprise to the ESPN heads – but of course they are based in CT so what else would you expect….?

Actually, Cincy stole that from New Orleans. "Who dat" has been a New Orleans tradition for much longer than we've been alive. :D

Edit: Just read the posts above. :D

Edited by twiley