[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Has the Torch Been Passed

Rockerbraves

:D He loved Landry

They are a pretty easy team to root for. Not much showboating , great coach, Duece is kind of like this years Bettis in the sense that he is a gritty player you like to watch..These remaining games as going to be great..

Yeah, it's easy to pull for a team that hasn't been a threat. Heck I can easily root for Vanderbilt in the SEC. Now if the Saints have indeed turned the corner and become a legit threat year in and year out you might start finding more than just Falcon fans hating the Saints.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's easy to pull for a team that hasn't been a threat. Heck I can easily root for Vanderbilt in the SEC. Now if the Saints have indeed turned the corner and become a legit threat year in and year out you might start finding more than just Falcon fans hating the Saints.

You are probably right

If you mean south east then no, you had the Falcons and Dolphins and then the Bucs in 76. However, being born and raised in NC the Cowboys were the 3rd favorite team. Before the Panthers came in 95 the most popular team in NC was the Redskins followed by the Steelers with the Cowboys in 3rd place.

Falcons, Dolphins, and Saints didn't enter pro football till the mid 60's as did the Bengals. The only team I can recall from the South playing pro football were the Cowboys and the AFL Oilers.

With so many NFL fans and media pulling for the Saints these days does that mean Dallas is no longer America's team or is it only because the Cowboys are no longer in contention?

I have never heard them referred to as "America's Team", and they are just favored this year as a fad. Forgotten in a year.

Dallas got the name because they were fan favorites EVERY year.

I have never heard them referred to as "America's Team", and they are just favored this year as a fad. Forgotten in a year.

Probably just this season and to be honest I think they are being referred to as "The New America's Team"

Might want to try a google seach using the above words and see if anything comes up Saints.

I've never heard DAL referred to as "America's Team" either (ie by anyone other than DAL fans). But believe that if it makes you or other fans happy.

You have never heard of Dallas being referred to as America's Team? I don't believe that for a second. The NFL markets the that way, as do the networks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America's_Team

How long does it take until the Patriots fan's come in and tell us that they are now America's team ? :D

....or maybe they won't settle for that, maybe they want to be known as Planet Earth's Team....

How long does it take until the Patriots fan's come in and tell us that they are now America's team ? :D

....or maybe they won't settle for that, maybe they want to be known as Planet Earth's Team....

Pretty confident New Orleans Saint fans arn't the ones calling themselves The New America's Team. In fact, it was rumored they were going to check fans "Saints credentials" before being admitted into the Dome last Satuday night. :D

They called themselves that, nobody thinks there "Americas Team" outside of TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT... :D

I made sure to read all of the posts first and you are correct... everyone from Texas or who are Dallas fans said they were Amercia's team and everyone else said they weren't. :D

Didn't Hank Scorpio buy him the Denver Broncos? Believe he said "it was a start" :D

I believe he said "Oh!!--the Denver Broncos!!!" and when Marge asked him what the difference is he said "Marge, you just don't understand football!"

The Hank Scorpio episode was a great one.

I for one never really thought much of the Cowboys one way or the other.

Not America's teams to me. Only 3 Teams I Hate Colts, Cowboys, and the Saints. I hate no team more than those.

CD, can I assume by your signature you are a Raven fan. No offense, but your Raven ballclub is unquestionably the most boring team in the NFL. I mean that sincerely. Don't get me wrong I don't hate them I just find them boring.