[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints vs. Bears

Rockerbraves

gil seems to have morphed into one of those fans who :D about "respect" when he should be saying "f it, we're in the SB, you're not" and enjoying the moment.

I never thought I'd see THAT day.

Look...I could give a crap if they get any respect. We'll disagree in how they won today. You say the Saints dropped some key passes. I'll say their front 7 was far superior than the Saints.

I don't take any pleasure in anyone's team not making the final.

Not sure where the disconnect is, but you don't respect the Bears, who cares? I think they proved they're the best in the NFC, for whatever that's going to be worth.

Look Gil, I know exactly what you are thinking, exactly. Last year the Hawks were in the same "respect" boat as the Bears. Great regular season with an easy schedule and so many people predicting they lose the NFC conference game at home. The Bears will be an under dog going into the game next week and they have a chance to prove all of us haters wrong! Best of luck, and hopefully the Bears play a better superbowl than the Hawks did last year. :D

See above.

I don't need anyone to respect the Bears.

The Bears' D was sliding all year long, as they did last year. However, today, they came around and made NO one dimensional. That's the sign of a good defense.

By the way, I'll bet they are favored by at least 2 TD's next week.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look...I could give a crap if they get any respect. We'll disagree in how they won today. You say the Saints dropped some key passes. I'll say their front 7 was far superior than the Saints.

Not sure where the disconnect is, but you don't respect the Bears, who cares? I think they proved they're the best in the NFC, for whatever that's going to be worth.

The Bears' D was sliding all year long, as they did last year. However, today, they came around and made NO one dimensional. That's the sign of a good defense.

There's the gil I know and love - the Saints DID drop some key passes; it might be a mea culpa but I think I forgot to give credit to the Bears for shutting down the Saints' running game. That said, I'm calling it as I see it - the Bears played well, and certainly didn't leave any doubt by DOMINATING the 4th quarter. But when the game was in question, the Saints were shooting themselves in the foot with lackluster execution and some dubious playcalling - the Bears played well and beat the Saints, but the Saints also didn't look to have brought their "A" game today, which is pretty inexplicable, given the circumstances.

And at least you can admit that "NFC Champion" stands a good chance of being exposed as a synonym for "tall midget" this year. But based on how well-prepared Lovie had the team today - one minor penalty, no turnovers - they again need Grossman to not implode to make a game of it. If they can run and stuff the run the way they did vs the Saints, they can beat anyone as long as Grossman resembles an NFL QB.

I don't take any pleasure in anyone's team not making the final.

See above.

I don't need anyone to respect the Bears.

By the way, I'll bet they are favored by at least 2 TD's next week.

:D

Word! It just seemed like you were going down that road of turning into a rabid dog against anyone who made the slightest criticism against the Bear's perceived weaknesses despite the fact you have always been one to do it yourself (i.e....pullilng a minor league Menudo).

Why ?

Y'all can call me a "bandwagon" fan or "not a true fan" of my Bears 'til you're blue in the face, I won't care. I have been a Bears fan since I knew what football was... and yet today felt bittersweet. My Mrs.-to-be is a native Louisianan and since I've become so close to her family - and hence the region - I have not only taken a liking to the Saints but truly feel they deserved a chance to continue the "feelgood story". My Bears have been there before. They'll probably get there again. Sure, the Saints will have chances to get there again, but with the timing of it all... it would have created a big sense of revival for the New Orleans region.

Heck of a story, them Saints. Now, I won't be shocked if the hot/cold Bears lose to either of these AFC teams. Honestly, would have rather seen the Saints have a shot at it. :D

:D

Word! It just seemed like you were going down that road of turning into a rabid dog against anyone who made the slightest criticism against the Bear's perceived weaknesses despite the fact you have always been one to do it yourself (i.e....pullilng a minor league Menudo).

Hey man...take a look at see if I said they had an "awesome" defense.

I'm as level headed as they come when it comes to this stuff.

Today, they played as good as they have since they lost Harris.

They'll be up against it in a few weeks, that's for sure....but I think they like it that way.

Y'all can call me a "bandwagon" fan or "not a true fan" of my Bears 'til you're blue in the face, I won't care. I have been a Bears fan since I knew what football was... and yet today felt bittersweet. My Mrs.-to-be is a native Louisianan and since I've become so close to her family - and hence the region - I have not only taken a liking to the Saints but truly feel they deserved a chance to continue the "feelgood story". My Bears have been there before. They'll probably get there again. Sure, the Saints will have chances to get there again, but with the timing of it all... it would have created a big sense of revival for the New Orleans region.

Heck of a story, them Saints. Now, I won't be shocked if the hot/cold Bears lose to either of these AFC teams. Honestly, would have rather seen the Saints have a shot at it. :D

I understand your sentiments! Tough position! Saints were worthy, but the Bears were better!

Nuff Said!

As far as the officiating is concerned I thought they did a horrid job calling the game. I thought the refs were pretty clueless throughout. Regardless, the poor officiating had absoulutely nothing to do with the fact that the Saints played poorly & lost teh game as a result.

Why aren't they throwing it to Deuce? Get him involved.

I don't know if it had anything to do with it, but I know I saw him limping & whincing early in the game. Of course Fox didn't notice so we never found out. He did play throughout the game, but I was wonderingt if there was something wrong with him.

Bears are looking better prepared

Yup :bash:

Due to questionable calls in the Bears favor. Who'd'a thunk it?

So much for the conspiracy theory.

I don't know that I'd blame that all on Rex - the play selection was utterly baffling. Passing up a shot at scoring with decent field position may come back to haunt the Bears.

I remember seeing him say to the sideline that he didn't know what he was supposed to be doing...pretty funny moment.

The Saints are getting too one-dimensional. Still gotta run da ball, boys. :D

Agree 100%. I thought the run game was going fairly well when they used it.

Um, what this time ? Are you talking about Brees play ? How can you argue that WASN'T grounding ? :D

What irritated me was that they totally blew the call alltogether. They had no idea what happened & had to be talked into throwing the flag. Edited by rajncajn

Congratulations to the Bears on advancing their fine season to the Super Bowl. They are an excellent team. Early in the season, when their defense was at full strength and Grossman wasn't turning the ball over, the defense WAS outstanding. Even when they were dealing with injuries and the consequences of "Evil Rex" they were always at least very good. Toss in a solid running game and excellent special teams and you have, on balance, an excellent team.

Grossman is their Achilles' heel, but he has played more carefully in the playoffs. Frankly, he reminds me a bit of a young Terry Bradshaw. We'll see if he matures into the kind of QB Bradshaw was in his prime.

I'm happy to see Urlacher and Manning make it to the Super Bowl while they are still in their good years. It should be a great matchup.

That is typical of any grounding call and they made the right call. :D

I agree, they definately made the right call. But I disagree that a ref should have to be talked into throwing a flag. It's the ref's responsibility to call the game, not the players and that play was pretty much indicative of how the ref's called the game.