[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints vs. Bears

Rockerbraves

look, you can only play who they tell you to play...but did you look at their schedule?

Prior to beating the Saints, the only teams with better-than-.500 records they beat were the Jets (10-7) and Seattle (twice - 10-8).

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How else did they win so many games and get to the SB?

It sure was not the offense.

Their offense and defense played great early in the year, they played a very easy schedule and used it to their advantage. Don't get me wrong, they have a good line and great LB's to go along with a half decent secondary. Their defense is good.

An awesome defense doesn't give up 27 points to the Bucaneers, 23 to Green Bay in one half, and 24 points to a walking wounded Seahawk offense that struggled all year and squeak out a win at Soldier Field during a playoff game. :D

The turnovers this game sealed the deal, but IMO that was the Saints tripping over themselves more than great D.

The turnovers this game sealed the deal, but IMO that was the Saints tripping over themselves more than great D.

Yeah..that is what is usually said by the opposing team the day after they play the Bears.

They obviously do something to get these turnovers or it would not happen so often for them...ya think?

Yep. they had a great season and shoould be proud of their squad.

Would think most Saints fans are proud of the team regardless of the score today. Will be fun to see if they can get this far next season. Even as a Saints fan I can honestly say I would have been probably the most surprised to see our Saints win a conference championship in our first attempt. Looking forward to next year to see if this was a fluke year or if the Saints have indeed turned the corner and become a contender.

Good luck to all the Bear fans in Miami.

It doesn't matter.

The people that don't want to give the Bears any respect, will continue to not give them any respect.

I think you have to have a bit of skill and luck to get to the SuperBowl...it takes both.

Well said. They are very deserving. It is decided on the field, and they belong in the Super Bowl.

It doesn't matter.

The people that don't want to give the Bears any respect, will continue to not give them any respect.

I think you have to have a bit of skill and luck to get to the SuperBowl...it takes both.

I don't think anyone is saying the Bears are a BAD team, just that they benefited from a poor performance from the Saints.

And it's not like they have to apologize for anything - they have one game to go, and if they play great and/or the AFC rep falls apart, they will be world champs. I doubt they'll be favored, because at this point the early-season juggernaut is a flawed and erratic team, but anything can happen once a game kicks off.

Would think most Saints fans are proud of the team regardless of the score today. Will be fun to see if they can get this far next season. Even as a Saints fan I can honestly say I would have been probably the most surprised to see our Saints win a conference championship in our first attempt. Looking forward to next year to see if this was a fluke year or if the Saints have indeed turned the corner and become a contender.

Good luck to all the Bear fans in Miami.

I didn't expect to win today but was happy to be there. Didn't want to say it out loud before the game. The way I see it, youearn your stripes and the Saints just became a team that now has to get to the next level.

I don't think anyone is saying the Bears are a BAD team, just that they benefited from a poor performance from the Saints.

And it's not like they have to apologize for anything - they have one game to go, and if they play great and/or the AFC rep falls apart, they will be world champs. I doubt they'll be favored, because at this point the early-season juggernaut is a flawed and erratic team, but anything can happen once a game kicks off.

Sure, that can be said.

And, it can be said that their DL played bad last week against Seattle and they played exceptional today and they created a poor performance from the Saints.

So, which is it? They benefited or created???

Sure, that can be said.

And, it can be said that their DL played bad last week against Seattle and they played exceptional today and they created a poor performance from the Saints.

From what I saw, the Saints were dropping a lot of passes, you don't create that.

But the Bears certainly DID shut down the Saints running game. Make a team one-dimensional and you've done yourself a tremendous favor.

Sure, that can be said.

Bears played very opportunistic D today..They gave up some big plays but were ripping at the ball all game..They deserved this win

From what I saw, the Saints were dropping a lot of passes, you don't create that.

But the Bears certainly DID shut down the Saints running game. Make a team one-dimensional and you've done yourself a tremendous favor.

I saw the Bears drop a lot of passes too.

But I saw Brees drop more from getting sacked than I saw critical passes being dropped from his receivers.

I'll check you off for the "no respect for Bears" crew. You can drive. :D

I'll check you off for the "no respect for Bears" crew. You can drive. :D

Saints OR Bears - it doesn't matter; I can't see either team beating the Pats or Colts.