[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who wins the Super Bowl?

godtomsatan

Brees struggled on a slippery field in the bears house and still threw for 354 and. 2 Td's....no doubt manning can top that on a good neutral field 2 weeks from now

But I think the game stays fairly close because bears will be able to run the ball

Colts win ...27 -21

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bears. The 2 better units (Bears D, COlts O) square off against each other. I like that.

The Bears O, when working, has looked stronger this year than the Colts D when working. The Bears running game has finally taken off and is peaking right now. Ball control will keep Peyton off the field as much as they can manage, and while the Saints put up the yards, they did NOT put up the points, which is how the Bears have been operating for the last month or so: bend but don't break.

I hope for a close one, but history shows the 2 week layoff is usually what precedes blow outs. Hopefully this won't be one on either side.

Also, if they're going to take 2 weeks off, why can't they play it on Saturday the 3rd?

After all the Huddle geniuses took the Saints, I'll be happy to see the same Huddle geniuses mouthing off about how the Colts can't lose blah blah blah.

Any given Sunday. Ask Manning if he thinks this is a shooin.

Just let it happen...no shock here.

Brees struggled on a slippery field in the bears house and still threw for 354 and. 2 Td's....no doubt manning can top that on a good neutral field 2 weeks from now

But I think the game stays fairly close because bears will be able to run the ball

Colts win ...27 -21

The slippery field helped Brees. The Bears D was slipping alot to react to the cuts by the Saints O. Brees also had just enough protection on about 15 passes. He played well.

The Bears O, when working, has looked stronger this year than the Colts D when working. The Bears running game has finally taken off and is peaking right now. Ball control will keep Peyton off the field as much as they can manage, and while the Saints put up the yards, they did NOT put up the points, which is how the Bears have been operating for the last month or so: bend but don't break.

It's going to come down to can the Bears D stop the Colts O better then the Colts D can stop the Bears O. I think the answer is the Colts win.

Colts have gone against 3 teams with very good running games. They have gone against an essentially run-only team, a sorta balanced run/pass team and a very balanced run/pass team. They completely shut down the #2 RB in the league, have given up less then 100 yards rushing in the playoffs averaging 73 yds/game. This is definitely not the same defense that was around during the regular season. The Bears running game may be peaking, but so is the Colts defense. I also think Grossman is going to get hit hard more then a few times in the game and that will rattle his cage.

On the other side of the ball, can the Bears D stop Peyton? They will slow him down, but if the Colts don't turn the ball over it won't be enough for the win. Seattle was a close game because they limited turnovers and made the Bears fight for offensive yardage. The Saints were a blowout because of turnovers and dumb mistakes. I feel the Colts will be more like Seattle then the Saints but will have more then enough to beat the Bears.

KC, BALT and NE couldn't. The Colts run D has stepped up big the last 3 games. I dont think it will be any different in the SB. Colts win by 14

31-17

You want to give me three TDs (21 points), I'll bet you next year's UFF-DA dues. :bash:

That's a pretty tall order. Let me think about whether I want to back up my big mouth. :D

Maybe we can negotiate some kind of terms here though. :D

Well, let's break it down...

QB: :D

RBs: Bears, slight advantage

WRs: Colts, strong advantage

TEs: Colts

O-line: Colts, slight advantage

D-line: Bears, strong advantage

Linebackers: :D

CBs: Bears, slight advantage (could be more if Harper is out)

S: Colts, slight advantage

Kicker: Colts

Punter: Tie

Kick/punt coverage: Bears by a mile

Kick/punt return: Bears, moderate advantage

The Bears have the overall better team and should be favored. But I think that this will come down to which QB can make big plays while minimizing mistakes. And I don't like Grossman's chances of doing so.

Edited by Bill Swerski

The Bears have the overall better team and should be favored. But I think that this will come down to which QB can make big plays while minimizing mistakes. And I don't like Grossman's chances of doing so.

Comments like this Make me wish I was still in college and taking bets. Swerski has absolutely no understanding of point spreads and who should be favored. WOW!

Edited by whosyourdaddy

Comments like this Make me wish I was still in college and taking bets. Swerski has absolutely no understanding of point spreads and who should be favored. WOW!

Since I don't gamble on pro football, you're correct that I know little about point spreads. But unlike you, I actually understand football and know how to break down matchups.

Not a matter of poitspreads genius. The poll was who do you think will win and he analyzed it his way.

Keep betting point spreads blindly and you will go broke.

How many people bet against Namath when he guarenteed a win? What was the pointspread on that game?

This game comes down to who controls the line of scrimage on both sides of the ball. The Colts can not controll the D side of the ball - note the 2 long runs in the first quarter of yesterdays game on 4th down and the fact they still gave up 30 points. If the Bears can play D and control Inys O LIne they will win, if not they will lose by 7 to 10 points. Thats the game in a nutshell.

And you are the successful bookie, odds maker, and gambler that does? :D

If you want horse info contact Gil.

If you want football/betting advice contact crispirons.

Since I don't gamble on pro football, you're correct that I know little about point spreads. But unlike you, I actually understand football and know how to break down matchups.

Bill, now that you came "out of the closet" so to speak, are you gonna change your name? Swerski is definitely a Bear trade mark/label. :D:bash:

If you want horse info contact Gil.

If you want football/betting advice contact crispirons.

Bill, now that you came "out of the closet" so to speak, are you gonna change your name? Swerski is definitely a Bear trade mark/label. :D:clap:

Yeah, he should change it to Bill Irsay. Or Willhelmina Manning. :bash:

No, he's an obnoxious troll who knows crap about pro football.

Bill, now that you came "out of the closet" so to speak, are you gonna change your name? Swerski is definitely a Bear trade mark/label. :D:bash:

I would if I could. But according to DMD, I can't.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Um, it doesn't really matter who has the better running backs - what matters is how the running offenses match up agains the run defenses.

not bad, not bad - I know yer jokin with the Bears having the better overall team and being favored. So I won't bother

The Bears and the NFC will be exposed big time, - I think the Colts are on a roll, and will carry over the hugh 2nd half against da Pats. This one could be ugly, and I am an NFC guy that will be in Chicago for the SB rooting for da Bears.

I think this is could be fairly close game at the half that gets blown wide open in the 3rd quarter

Indy 34

Chi 20

Um, it doesn't really matter who has the better running backs - what matters is how the running offenses match up agains the run defenses.

Um, so you're saying that the Broncos would've beaten your Packers in SB 32 if Terrell Davis hadn't been able to play through his concussion and DEN had to go to Quentin Griffith all game? Can't say I agree with that.

I agree with your overall point that the battle for the line of scrimmage is more important, but you can't discount the RBs. If, say, the Colts were to lose Addai for the game, they'd lose big-play potential with Rhodes and his cinder blocks for feet. Rhodes is also an inferior receiving back.