[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will Reggie Bush be fined

Rockerbraves

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flips and finger pointing, man I hate that crap. Act like you've been there before. I'm sure Payton had some choice words for him.

To Bush's credit, he was contrite afterward.

"I got caught up in the emotion of the game," Bush said. "I was excited. It was a big play. I apologized to [Coach Sean Payton] about that. Obviously, I know I made a mistake, but I'm not going to kill myself over it."

The momentum was swinging in the favor of the Saints at that point. All I could think when it happened is don't give the Bears any more motivation to grab this momentum back. Not smart.

Might have been able to get away with it at home, but not a smart move on the road. :D

Edited by Rockerbraves

To Bush's credit, he was contrite afterward.

"I got caught up in the emotion of the game," Bush said. "I was excited. It was a big play. I apologized to [Coach Sean Payton] about that. Obviously, I know I made a mistake, but I'm not going to kill myself over it."

Meh. Makes sense, but I'd like to see these guys act with a little more respect than apologize after the fact because the coaching staff tells them to.

Meh. Makes sense, but I'd like to see these guys act with a little more respect than apologize after the fact because the coaching staff tells them to.

I understood that he went to Payton and apologized without being prompted. Whatever, he's only a kid and all he really did was stiffen up the Bears defense.

Thanks, Reg. :D

Yeah leave that to your teammates. If they didn't kick the #### out of him after the game, they should've. Nice try, but lame backpedal Bush (league). You proved you're just another in a long line of playahs with a zero on the class/maturity scale and spare us with the well-worn and equally weak "I was just being emotional" BS.

Whatever, he's only a kid

lol @ being in your 20s "only a kid." OK then let's take away his right to smoke and drink and be out after dark Edited by BeeR

Yeah leave that to your teammates. If they didn't kick the #### out of him after the game, they should've. Nice try, but lame backpedal Bush (league). You proved you're just another in a long line of playahs with a zero on the class/maturity scale and spare us with the well-worn and equally weak "I was just being emotional" BS.

You really think its that big of a deal? This is one small notch above doing absolutely nothing in my opinion. I'm not trying to defend him, but holy cow, what he did is just a young excited kid getting caught up in the passion of the game. Why get so worked up over something like that?

I think all the Bears that were signaling for a safety should be fined, too.

I'm sure it hurt Brees's feelings. :D

How about a fine for Grossman for calling a timeout even though he couldn't? Heck if the NFL prefers to fine a player for taunting instead of a 15 yd penalty then Grossman should certainly be fined since his unsportsmanship play might actually have affected ysesterday's game. :D

How about a fine for Grossman for calling a timeout even though he couldn't? Heck if the NFL prefers to fine a player for taunting instead of a 15 yd penalty then Grossman should certainly be fined since his unsportsmanship play might actually have affected ysesterday's game. :D

Grossman=Chris Weber?

Please post the NFL rule that says it is illegal to call a second time out. They're simply not given, and there is no flag involved. This isn't collegbe baskestball. :D Learn the rules you profess to have sacrosanct opinions on.....

Please post the NFL rule that says it is illegal to call a second time out. They're simply not given, and there is no flag involved. This isn't collegbe baskestball. :D Learn the rules you profess to have sacrosanct opinions on.....

Read my post before you post.

I'm saying if they can fine a guy instead of giving 15 yds for taunting since it apparently no rule against taunting then why not fine a player for calling a timeout that could be thought of as unsportsmanship since it had the defense unprepared for that play. My bet is next year you will see the rules committee of the NFL address this timeout issue during the offseason.

I was mildly amused last night when Aikman was saying there should have been a flag thrown. A few minutes later the sideline reporter came on and gave the correct explanation as you described. I'll readily admit I did not know what the rules were, but I was surprised that Aikman didn't know either.

Read my post before you post.

I'm saying if they can fine a guy instead of giving 15 yds for taunting since it apparently no rule against taunting then why not fine a player for calling a timeout that could be thought of as unsportsmanship since it had the defense unprepared for that play. My bet is next year you will see the rules committee of the NFL address this timeout issue during the offseason.

In other words: i have nothing but weak Sega! to say. :D

lol @ being in your 20s "only a kid." OK then let's take away his right to smoke and drink and be out after dark

Anyone think that the increase in immature actions might be related to the athletes coming out of school earlier and earlier? :D

Just a thought.

Anyone think that the increase in immature actions might be related to the athletes coming out of school earlier and earlier? :D

Just a thought.

I think a more plausible explanation is Sportscenter. Everyone wants to make the highlight reels....