[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will Reggie Bush be fined

Rockerbraves

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah leave that to your teammates. If they didn't kick the #### out of him after the game, they should've. Nice try, but lame backpedal Bush (league). You proved you're just another in a long line of playahs with a zero on the class/maturity scale and spare us with the well-worn and equally weak "I was just being emotional" BS.

lol @ being in your 20s "only a kid." OK then let's take away his right to smoke and drink and be out after dark

jeebus, I guess you've never done anything you regretted shortly thereafter before, huh? Must be nice to be perfect.

Edited by The Next Generation

I was mildly amused last night when Aikman was saying there should have been a flag thrown. A few minutes later the sideline reporter came on and gave the correct explanation as you described. I'll readily admit I did not know what the rules were, but I was surprised that Aikman didn't know either.

Not sure if any team has used that non penalty "NO TIMEOUT" rule in their favor before, but got to think if the NFL rules committee doesn't address it during the offseason we might actually see teams using it strategically to trick defenses. Don't get me wrong I don't think da Bears did it on purpose but if you watch the replay the Saints defense stood up and were obviously confused when they ran that critical play.

Not sure if any team has used that non penalty "NO TIMEOUT" rule in their favor before, but got to think if the NFL rules committee doesn't address it during the offseason we might actually see teams using it strategically to trick defenses. Don't get me wrong I don't think da Bears did it on purpose but if you watch the replay the Saints defense stood up and were obviously confused when they ran that critical play.

No more confused than on the Bears side of the ball. I wouldn't call Grossman totally in control and all his linemen were wondering what the heck was going on.

No more confused than on the Bears side of the ball. I wouldn't call Grossman totally in control and all his linemen were wondering what the heck was going on.

Would have been nice to see the referee called an official timeout at the time he saw all the confusion. Reminded me alot of those times when a ball is loose or forward motion has been stopped and all the players are just standing around because the ref forgot to blow his whistle. Some guy picks it up starts running and the opposing team doesn't know if they should chase him or not. aka ironicially MNF Bears vs. Cardinals when forward motion was stopped yet the ref never blew his whistle. :D

Please post the NFL rule that says it is illegal to call a second time out.

There is no rule. However, Grossman should be fined for being stupid. He called a play, walked toward the line of scrimmage then called timeout. Went to the sidelines and got a new play, called it in the huddle and walked to the line of scrimage and tried to call another one. All the while with a look on his face of a teenage boy on his first date....scared Sega!less.

He should divide his game check from yesterday with the rest of his teammmates. :D

Yeah leave that to your teammates. If they didn't kick the #### out of him after the game, they should've. Nice try, but lame backpedal Bush (league). You proved you're just another in a long line of playahs with a zero on the class/maturity scale and spare us with the well-worn and equally weak "I was just being emotional" BS.

:D

isn't there a penalty for taunting? the fine isn't a big deal for me as much as what that could have cost his team in terms of a 15 yard penalty. he pointed his finger at the defense and then did the flip, both of which could have been flagged i would think ... from that aspect, it was not very smart because of the negative impact on the team.

anyone know why there was no flag thrown? that surprised me big time.

isn't there a penalty for taunting? the fine isn't a big deal for me as much as what that could have cost his team in terms of a 15 yard penalty. he pointed his finger at the defense and then did the flip, both of which could have been flagged i would think ... from that aspect, it was not very smart because of the negative impact on the team.

Celebration penalty is only in college that I know of. Hence the TO's, CJ's and Horn's type celebrations.

There were very, very few flags thrown in that game at all. I don't think the refs were paying much attention. It probably should have been a flag for taunting though...maybe the ref wasn't down there to see it or maybe he just didn't think it was bad enough to warrant a flag.

Wow, what a stupid thing to get all worked up over. So he pointed a finger & did a flip into the end zone...big *#$%ing deal. :D

Although I hate all the "In your face" crap and celebration shenanigans, I see this as a tempest in a tea pot also! The nearest player was 20 yards away, he was contrite soon afterwards, and he's a rookie! Hopefully he'll learn. He has a lot of talent and hopefully the sense to learn from his mistakes. If not........another TO?

His actions were during a play. My understanding is that you can't be called for taunting DURING a play. No penalties can be called.

His actions were during a play. My understanding is that you can't be called for taunting DURING a play. No penalties can be called.

After he entered the end zone, the play is over. And unsportmanslike conduct (which taunting is a part of) can occur during the play and the refs will still call it if it occurs.

After he entered the end zone, the play is over. And unsportmanslike conduct (which taunting is a part of) can occur during the play and the refs will still call it if it occurs.

He was making his "football move" before he entered the end zone. Everything I have heard is that "taunting" has to be after a play is dead.

If the ball is live and you want to show boat, as in this case, then roll the dice.

Although I hate all the "In your face" crap and celebration shenanigans, I see this as a tempest in a tea pot also! The nearest player was 20 yards away, he was contrite soon afterwards, and he's a rookie! Hopefully he'll learn. He has a lot of talent and hopefully the sense to learn from his mistakes. If not........another TO?

That's what I was thinking as well. From what I understand Payton had a talk with him after the play and he was very appologetic. He knew he could have cost us with his display & I seriouslydoubt it will happen again. Even so, I thought it was very minimal in comparison to what a LOT of other players do and I don't hear anybody crying about them.

If the ref had been down there to see it, there's a job for him in the NFL and it won't involve wearing zebra stripes.

:D That was what I was implying. :D

Bush paid his penalty in the game outcome. If anything, his act raised the already high motivation level of the Bears defense through the roof. They didn't like getting shown up in their own house. At all.

I don't buy that. Sometimes players just play and have fun while fans and sports broadcasters make something out of nothing.