[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will Reggie Bush be fined

Rockerbraves

That's what I was thinking as well. From what I understand Payton had a talk with him after the play and he was very appologetic. He knew he could have cost us with his display & I seriouslydoubt it will happen again.

Calling out his players is one of Payton's best attributes as a coach as opposed to Haslett who never did (aka the throwing of the helmet in the Jets game/ Horn's cell phone call). IMO Coach Payton will never allow Bush to turn into a TO or CJ type player. Granted Payton is smart enough to know you can't or shouldn't turn Reggie into a Deuce type player, but overall he seems the type coach that won't tolerate stupid plays or celebrations that cost his team.

Edited by Rockerbraves

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

… Whatever, he's only a kid and all he really did was stiffen up the Bears defense.

There is no reason to fine him for what amounted to just a dumb move which inspired the other team.

…If anything, his act raised the already hi, gh motivation level of the Bears defense through the roof. They didn't like getting shown up in their own house. At all.

I would be very interested in hearing how the "taunt" and flip into the end zone inspired and raised the level of the Bears defense. The next time the Saints had the ball, they drove from their own 18 to the Bears 29 in 7 plays in over 4 minutes, and if not for a great play by Urlacher in getting a finger on the ball to tip a probable TD pass to Copper, the Saints go up 21-16. The Bear D was on their heels that entire drive.

The play that got the Bears defense back into the game was the safety, simple as that. Clearly evident in the stadium, so much so you could literally feel the momentum turn and their defense get their confidence back.

Just for a little clarification...a coworker told me today that he saw the highlight on some sports show and they blurred out Reggie's hand as if it was an obscene gesture. So just now I watched the replay from my DVR (in high-def I might add :D ) and there's no question he just pointed...with the proper finger. Also it was full water bottle that was tossed at him from the stands.

Just for a little clarification...a coworker told me today that he saw the highlight on some sports show and they blurred out Reggie's hand as if it was an obscene gesture. So just now I watched the replay from my DVR (in high-def I might add :D ) and there's no question he just pointed...with the proper finger. Also it was full water bottle that was tossed at him from the stands.

Looked like a plastic glass to me, not a water bottle. Whatever, in a lot of countries and other NFL cities it would have been a sharpened coin, battery, pool ball or half a brick. Thankfully we're still civilized enough to throw liquids in harmless containers here.....mostly. :D

SI.com: So in Sunday's game, Reggie Bush scored on an 80-yard touchdown pass from Drew Brees and while you were trying to run him down, Bush turned around and pointed at you. A lot of people thought you should be really ****** off about that.

Urlacher: Ah, man, everybody is talking about that. I didn't even see it happen during the play, because I had my head down, running, trying to catch him. Look, he was excited. He pointed and did a flip. Some of my teammates go mad, Olin [Kreutz] said stuff afterward and Adewale [Ogunleye] got in Bush's face on the field.

SI.com: Actually, it looked like you were gaining on him for a little bit, there. Not bad, considering you're a 258-pound linebacker and he's a 203-pound running back and one of the most explosive players in the league.

Urlacher: I thought I was going to catch him for a second, there. He's fast, but I'm pretty fast, too. Then I kind of realized, 'That's Reggie Bush, you're probably not going to catch him.' It looked good for a while, but you know, he was kind of cutting across the field and I was running straight. Maybe if I had been running the whole time, but I was in man coverage away from the catch and then I turn around and he's got the ball and I'm like, 'S---!'

SI.com: As a defensive player, you had to appreciate seeing the monster hit Bush took in the divisional round? [Philadelphia's Sheldon Brown planted Bush on a swing pass in the Superdome, one of the biggest hits of this -- or any -- season].

Urlacher: Yes! Good hit, man. Those are the ones you dream about. Perfect angle, he doesn't see you coming. My first though was, He won't be playing against us next week. But he only missed one play. He's a tough kid.

SI.com: And it's OK that he pointed at you?

Urlacher: It's just not a big deal. He's a young kid and he got excited. I'm sure he'd rather be playing next week than pointing his finger at somebody.

SI.com: And you're playing next week.

Urlacher: That's right, man.

Just goes to show you that a lot of the time the media likes to make something out of nothing.

Well he was fined $5K. Or is that old news? :D I just heard it.

I also just noticed that Wale gave him a bit of a head butt! :D

Edited by rocknrobn26