[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eagles -- "Gold Standard"

fitzkek

Unrestricted Free Agents

Drew Bennett - Tennessee

Mike Furrey - Detroit

Kevin Curtis - St. Louis

Ashley Lelie - Atlanta

Alvis Whitted - Oakland

Bobby Wade - Tennessee

Travis Taylor - Minnesota

Shaun McDonald - St. Louis

Eric Moulds - Houston

Billy McMullen - Minnesota

Restricted Free Agents

Earnest Wilford - Jacksonville

Wes Welker - Miami

Samie Parker - Kansas City

Patrick Crayton - Dallas

Terrance Copper - New Orleans

D.J. Hackett - Seattle

That's a motley crew right there.....a few of the guys have potential, but noone I'd take over stallworth.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I believe it does roll-over (kinda).

Specifically, I believe that 50% of any unsused space rolls over into the next year's available cap room for each team, and the Eagles have been using this tactic for years to build up flexiblity to do things other teams can't.

It also, somehow, relates to giving players bonuses that they don't attain ... not sure really how it works in the details, although there have been a post or two on this in the last year or so.

Seriously?

The Eagles don't have a very good track record when it comes to developing receivers. Pinkston, Freddie Mitchell, Billy McMullen, etc. were all draft picks. Reggie Brown is the first solid WR they drafted. Baskett looks like a real good possession receiver, but Avant really didn't play much this year. And the whole idea that WRs take a yera to learn the system is crap because Owens & Stallworth came right in an did well and Reggie Brown had a nice Rookie year when he was forced to play due to the TO situation. I think the Eagles use that whole 1 year learning process as an excuse because they can't draft WRs. If they don't sign Stallworth they better have a plan B. If the D is improved enough they might be able to get away with Brown & Baskett, but if not then this team is in trouble.

Unrestricted Free Agents

Drew Bennett - Tennessee

Mike Furrey - Detroit

Kevin Curtis - St. Louis

Ashley Lelie - Atlanta

Alvis Whitted - Oakland

Bobby Wade - Tennessee

Eric Moulds - Houston

Restricted Free Agents

Wes Welker - Miami

Patrick Crayton - Dallas

D.J. Hackett - Seattle

The guy I like most from that list is Mike Furrey. That guy impressed me big-time this year.

Unrestricted Free Agents

Drew Bennett - Tennessee

Mike Furrey - Detroit

Kevin Curtis - St. Louis

Ashley Lelie - Atlanta

Alvis Whitted - Oakland

Bobby Wade - Tennessee

Eric Moulds - Houston

Restricted Free Agents

Wes Welker - Miami

Patrick Crayton - Dallas

D.J. Hackett - Seattle

Unrestricted Free Agents

Drew Bennett - Tennessee

Mike Furrey - Detroit

Kevin Curtis - St. Louis

Ashley Lelie - Atlanta

Alvis Whitted - Oakland

Bobby Wade - Tennessee

Eric Moulds - Houston

Restricted Free Agents

Wes Welker - Miami

Patrick Crayton - Dallas

D.J. Hackett - Seattle

They all suck. Stallworth is needed, or the Eagles fly south next season. Unless of course they have a solid plan B set. They probably do. In Andy I trust.

technically no.

He was drafted by the Eagles, but they used up all their money signing the rest of his draft class, so they just let him walk. The Colts signed him as a FA.

Just an example of another bad decision on the D-Line by Eagles brass.

technically no.

He was drafted by the Eagles, but they used up all their money signing the rest of his draft class, so they just let him walk. The Colts signed him as a FA.

Just an example of another bad decision on the D-Line by Eagles brass.

so he was a 7th round draft pick they never even had in camp. wasn't exactly what i had in mind when i asked "can anyone else think of an instance when a free agent left the eagles for a hugh paycheck somewhere else and actually earned the contract they got?"

I'll take Stallworth in a purple and gold jersey.

Yeah, his blazing speed will be on display for all to see running those 5 yard hook routes in Wile E. Coyote's kick ass offense. :D

Seriously though, he would be a great addition to the Vikes if Wile E. could modify his offense just a little bit.

so he was a 7th round draft pick they never even had in camp. wasn't exactly what i had in mind when i asked "can anyone else think of an instance when a free agent left the eagles for a hugh paycheck somewhere else and actually earned the contract they got?"

Burgess would count though. In your opinion, right?

Burgess would count though. In your opinion, right?

yeah, probably so. now weigh letting him go versus all the other players i mentioned. wouldn't you have to say they've been right a helluva lot more than they've been wrong when it comes to doling out hugh contracts to retain their own free agents?

yeah, probably so. now weigh letting him go versus all the other players i mentioned. wouldn't you have to say they've been right a helluva lot more than they've been wrong when it comes to doling out hugh contracts to retain their own free agents?

I would.

Another example. The Bengals signed guard Bobbie Williams 2 years ago from the Eagles and he's been very good for us. But the Eagles don't seem to be hurting there, so obviously he was expendable.

Recent questionable signings could be Trent Cole. Not too impressed w/him. He needs Kearse to be effective. Patterson is another. What has he done?

So I like that fact that they try to lock up their young talent, I just question at times who they chose to sign long term and who they chose to let go.

Edited by fitzkek

Wow, gotta love the attitude and dedication of the Eagles brass... :D

Reuben Frank, of PhillyBurbs.com, reports Philadelphia Eagles general manager Tom Heckert said the team is unlikely to re-sign WR Donte' Stallworth before free agency starts. Heckert said, "If he's healthy, he's a really good player. I think that will be kind of a wait-and-see deal because I don't think even he knows what he's worth. Getting him done before free agency, that's probably not going to happen. ...."

Wonder if it has anything to do with the conditional pick they owe the Saints...it's a 2007 3rd if they re-sign Stallworth before free agency starts, but a 2007 4th if they do not. Maybe they just don't want to part with the 3rd, and are willing to take the risk.

Wonder if it has anything to do with the conditional pick they owe the Saints...it's a 2007 3rd if they re-sign Stallworth before free agency starts, but a 2007 4th if they do not. Maybe they just don't want to part with the 3rd, and are willing to take the risk.

True. Good point.

I didn't know this was the stipulation...

I am positive Stallworth either won't be back...or they'll just make an agreement with him to sign him after the draft...

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

Jeremiah Trotter isn't expected to play as many snaps in 2007, and could be at risk of being released.

It would be surprising to see Trotter get cut, although his salary jumps almost a $1 million to $2.6 million next season. His knees don't allow him to "play too many plays" anymore, according to defensive coordinator Jim Johnson.

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

Jeremiah Trotter isn't expected to play as many snaps in 2007, and could be at risk of being released.

It would be surprising to see Trotter get cut, although his salary jumps almost a $1 million to $2.6 million next season. His knees don't allow him to "play too many plays" anymore, according to defensive coordinator Jim Johnson.

yuup..I'd expect them to either restructure or release him and put Gaither in the middle...

I hope Trotter comes back for another season or 2...even if he plays a more limited role..

and ps: Atlanta...cut ike Reese please :D