[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ugly Bear Fans

Ground Chuck

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note to Saints Fans: Consider yourselves LUCKY, for future reference, beer kicked over, shoved accidentally, and rude comments are what you find in opposing fans stadiums and if you were offended by that don't even THINK about going to KC or Philly to cheer for the other team. And please, PLEASE, I beg you, what ever you do, don't even dream about going to Oakland during a playoff game if you’re not a Raider Fan. Everywhere else you can get out, but in Oakland, they lock the gates just before kickoff. That way at least they can interrogate the witnesses and take blood swatches before everyone leaves. And if your lucky to escape the stadium, 3-13 Raider faitful are prowling the parking lot and surrounding areas for stragglers, smiling at you, saying, "enjoyed the game did ya", "Good, Good, I'm Peanut and this is Bang Bang." Consider yourself warned...........

You ever been to a Chiefs game? I have. Play-off game against the Colts. Never been treated so well in an opposing stadium ever. Before the game we hung out in the parking lot. Chiefs fans offered us food and drinks, and let us hang out with them. Mind you, I'm dressed in all my Colts stuff. Never had a cross word said to me inside the stadium, even after the Colts won. In the parking lot on the way out, had one drunken idiot throw a beer, but that was it.

I've also been to Miami, Cincinnati (twice), Tennessee (three times), and Chicago. Worst treatment I had was in Chicago. Bears fan about three rows down wouldn't shut up the whole game. Bears were handling the Colts pretty well, but the Colts got hot in the fourth, scored to bring it close, and recovered an onsides kick. The look on his face when they recovered that kick was priceless. Colts still lost though.

You have to expect some trash talk when you wear the opposing teams colors in other stadiums though. I've found that as long as you aren't too mouthy in return, you won't have many problems.

Why were the Bears fans giving the camera the finger? That was another one I couldn't understand. :D

In case you missed it:

I knew the reason why the fan was flipping off the camera as soon as I saw it. Imagine you've paid big dollars for excellent sideline seats at a football game, but you can't see much of anything because of the GIANT cart thing that moves up and down the sideline with the TV cameras mounted on it. You're forced to watch almost the entire football game on the scoreboard screens because that's the only way you can see. It happened to me at a Colts MNF game a few years ago and believe me, I know EXACTLY how that fan felt.

Not condoning it by any means, but I know what he was feeling.

:D

You ever been to a Chiefs game? I have. Play-off game against the Colts. Never been treated so well in an opposing stadium ever. Before the game we hung out in the parking lot. Chiefs fans offered us food and drinks, and let us hang out with them. Mind you, I'm dressed in all my Colts stuff. Never had a cross word said to me inside the stadium, even after the Colts won. In the parking lot on the way out, had one drunken idiot throw a beer, but that was it.

I've also been to Miami, Cincinnati (twice), Tennessee (three times), and Chicago. Worst treatment I had was in Chicago. Bears fan about three rows down wouldn't shut up the whole game. Bears were handling the Colts pretty well, but the Colts got hot in the fourth, scored to bring it close, and recovered an onsides kick. The look on his face when they recovered that kick was priceless. Colts still lost though.

You have to expect some trash talk when you wear the opposing teams colors in other stadiums though. I've found that as long as you aren't too mouthy in return, you won't have many problems.

Cubs fans are far different as are Chicago people in general. Monsters of the Midway means on the field and the police should remind them of that.

I've been to almost a dozen NFL stadiums as a fan of the visiting team. Certainly you expect to take some verbal abuse, but Sunday was by far the worst experience I've ever had. My wife was pushed several times "accidentally", we had things thrown at us the entire game, and a friend had his beer intentionally kicked over after he had set it on the ground to put his gloves on. Constantly heard Katrina comments. Totally classless group of fans. I will never spend another dime in Chicago again.

Unfortunately, this doesn't surprise me. Some jackass smacked Craig Biggio's wife in the back of the head after Pods hit the walk-off homer in Game 2 of the WS.

Good thing that you didn't go to Philly, Foxboro, or the Meadowlands.

Must be a Missouri thing. I went to see the White Sox at Busch Stadium several years ago and the fans there were incredibly nice, despite the fact that I was sporting a Sox cap. The senior-citizen couple seated in front of us offered us their tickets to the next night's game because they were going out of town.

+1

Indy isn't any better. My buddy and I went to Conseco Fieldhouse to see the Knicks and Pacers duke it out in the conference finals about 5 years ago (basketball... not football). I only had a Knicks cap on. I wasn't decked out.

I got PHYSICALLY & verbally abused. People were pushin and shoving us as well as slapping onto us these Spike Lee with devil horns stickers. I had to leave early due to the abuse.

They are not angels.

Indy isn't any better. My buddy and I went to Conseco Fieldhouse to see the Knicks and Pacers duke it out in the conference finals about 5 years ago (basketball... not football). I only had a Knicks cap on. I wasn't decked out.

I got PHYSICALLY & verbally abused. People were pushin and shoving us as well as slapping onto us these Spike Lee with devil horns stickers. I had to leave early due to the abuse.

They are not angels.

Nope, they are in Anaheim and play a different sport.

They are not angels.

I wouldn't know, I am not a Colt fan by any stretch of the imagination. What I am is a Raven fan that has a big mouth; hence the sig line and avatar :D

:D Sounds crazy, but not only should you expect it, but you should be insulted if they don't trash talk you.

If you think about it no one trash talks at opponents they know they should kill.

:D

You can't take the A-hole out of anybody if that's their true nature.

Not one person I know and consider to be a friend or an associate of mine would come close to anything that resembles a classless, and flat out mean act to an opposing fan.

That's really a shame. :D

I went to see the White Sox at Busch Stadium several years ago and the fans there were incredibly nice, despite the fact that I was sporting a Sox cap. The senior-citizen couple seated in front of us offered us their tickets to the next night's game because they were going out of town.

As a lifelong Cardinals fan, this doesn't surprise me. Busch stadium is very likely one of the most family-friendly professional sports venues in the country.

They are not angels.

[tongue in cheek]Well what do you expect from the NBA and the Pacers?[/tongue in cheek]

I've been to a half dozen Bears/Lions games in Chicago and had only one really bad experience that went all game long. Most of the time, its just after the game and some during IF I have Lions gear on of course (then again, I'm asking for it. IMO).

The one bad time I purchased tickets outside the stadium and wound up deep in season ticket holder territory right near the field. I had people yelling at me and calling me A-Hole and worse most of the game. By the 4th quarter every Lions fan within two sections of me had been kicked out because the Bears fans basically picked at them, or took their hats or "bumped" them until they looked at them wrong and it was on. I just sat there and didn't let it get to me. Plenty of beer was on my coat from fans several seats away! Right after the game was over I got out of my seat and was heading up the stairs...some guy got right up in my face and screamed "Your a F-G"....sprayed spit all over me. I just smiled as there was not much I could do. After that game, I'm convinced anyone wearing an "Orange" 54 jersey has to be an idiot!

I don't wear Lions gear, or at least Blue Lions gear to Soldier Field any more. Just not worth the hassle.

As a Lions season ticket holder, I've seen much of the same or worse at the Silverdome. At the current time, Lions fans are just not that emotional about the team to stand up for them.

We give friendly trash talk to people in Mile High. I'm sure not everyone is friendly, but we try to be respectful. They wore the gear, so they know they are gonna get something. We had a blast going back and forth with a guy in an Alex Smith jersey in the last home game of the season.

But the worst I've ever seen was two Bears fans IN Mile High. They screamed and swore and tried to pick fights with everyone in the stands. I'm sure it doesn't represent all Bears fans, but it's a testiment to Bronco fans that nobody took them up what they obviously wanted. At least... not inside the stadium.

I wore a Red Sox hat to Yankee stadium, and I've been with a group of Yankee fans in Fenway. You'd think that would be bad... but it wasn't.

Edited by AtomicCEO

As a lifelong Cardinals fan, this doesn't surprise me. Busch stadium is very likely one of the most family-friendly professional sports venues in the country.

At interleague play in which the teams don't regularly play and aren't rivals you're not going to find much madness. If a Cardinal fan to Caomiskey, I doubt he'd be rattled.

:D:tup::bash::clap:

You might as well warn people not to approach wild unicorns.

Was thinking the same thing..... :D

At least while Al is still running things.

I wore a Red Sox hat to Yankee stadium, and I've been with a group of Yankee fans in Fenway. You'd think that would be bad... but it wasn't.

2 years ago the wife took me to NE at Pitt for my 30th (we have friends in Pitt). I wore my Ty Law jersey and my Sox cap. Got alot of flack for the jersey, but plenty of Congrats for the Sox as they just won the World Series. Most of the fans were cool and just stuck to the verbal jibs, which was all cool and expected. We did get popcorn thrown at us and some little punk tried to flip off my cap but missed and poked me in the eye (didn't appologize).

It was a great experience as the Pitt crowd was really into the game. Both Law and Dillon were out and it was the only loss the Pats had that year on the road to the SB!!

Edited by nhoops