[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who you root for...

keggerz

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont root for a home team in any sport..I see sports as entertainment..Its not like The Giants are a group of guys from NJ that decided to get a team together and represent NJ..Anyway my main sport teams are a result of being brainwashed by my older brother ..

Football

Dallas Cowboys- I was born in 71..The earliest memories I have of Dallas is the Staubach/ Dorsett era. I was so young I would actually cry when they lost

Baseball

Baltimore Orioles- The team I remember first seeing and rooting for was the McGregor, Flanagan, staff..Guys like Ken Singleton, tippy Martinez, Rick Dempsey etc

Basketball

Detroit Pistons- Kelly Tripucka was a local boy that used to torch my alma mater HS when my brother and sister went there..I loved Isiah, Vinny Johnson, Dumars etc

Hockey

Honestly I never watch and just check the papers to see if they won or lost..I casually follow the Bruins but have no true rooting interest ..Im not interested in hockey much..

College Football

Love Joe Pa and Penn State..I played with Marc Donofrio in north Bergen who went on to be a great Middle linebacker for them..Im not a diehard college football guy I enjoy and follow the Pros much more

It's not. This year if you go (if you live there) look at it after the sunsets. You'll see it and it will drive you nuts. The guy I went there with last year lives there and has been to numerous games, and he never noticed it until I pointed it out and asked him what it is. He's still baffled. He cant find anyone there that knows either. It's almost like a huge projector screen that pops up when the sun goes down. I thought they were going to show replays or the TV feed on it. It was just a bunch of colors. Wierd!!

Hmm.... I'm not from Pittsburgh, but, it is like my second home. I go to several Pirates games every year, and I've never noticed it. :D

As for the team, they did finish the 2nd half of the season above .500, and they do have a very solid young pitching staff. They FINALLY went out and brought in a left handed bat by trading for Adam LaRoche. Their lineup still can't compete with the big boys, but, with Sanchez, Bay, and LaRoche, they are at least decent. They haven't had a winning season since 1992. :D

Football: SDCs. started following football during the days of Air Coryell, Dan Fouts, Joiner, Chandler, Muncie, Brooks, Winslow.

Basketball: 76ers. started following b'ball when it was the Celtics and the Lakers on top and the 76ers at #3. The days of Dr. J, Cheeks, Toney, Bobby Jones, and Coach Billy Cunningham. I miss those days.

Baseball: Blue Jays....but don't really care much the last ten years.

Hockey: the Islanders. again, since the days of Bossy, Billy Smith, Trottier, Potvin, Brent Sutter, Goring, Nystrom, Tonelli.

....and i gotta believe that people that say "f*ck hockey" have never been to a game.

Edited by rebdog

I dont root for a home team in any sport..I see sports as entertainment..Its not like The Giants are a group of guys from NJ that decided to get a team together and represent NJ..Anyway my main sport teams are a result of being brainwashed by my older brother ..

Football

Dallas Cowboys- I was born in 71..The earliest memories I have of Dallas is the Staubach/ Dorsett era. I was so young I would actually cry when they lost

Baseball

Baltimore Orioles- The team I remember first seeing and rooting for was the McGregor, Flanagan, staff..Guys like Ken Singleton, tippy Martinez, Rick Dempsey etc

Basketball

Detroit Pistons- Kelly Tripucka was a local boy that used to torch my alma mater HS when my brother and sister went there..I loved Isiah, Vinny Johnson, Dumars etc

Hockey

Honestly I never watch and just check the papers to see if they won or lost..I casually follow the Bruins but have no true rooting interest ..Im not interested in hockey much..

College Football

Love Joe Pa and Penn State..I played with Marc Donofrio in north Bergen who went on to be a great Middle linebacker for them..Im not a diehard college football guy I enjoy and follow the Pros much more

how dare you not root for the teams that you live closest to?!?!?! frontrunner! :D

Basketball

Detroit Pistons- Kelly Tripucka was a local boy that used to torch my alma mater HS

Kelly sure could torch the nets. The only problem was that he gave up more points on the defensive end then he scored on the offensive end. :D

I remember his battles with Bernard King in 1985, what a series.

Hmm.... I'm not from Pittsburgh, but, it is like my second home. I go to several Pirates games every year, and I've never noticed it. :D

As for the team, they did finish the 2nd half of the season above .500, and they do have a very solid young pitching staff. They FINALLY went out and brought in a left handed bat by trading for Adam LaRoche. Their lineup still can't compete with the big boys, but, with Sanchez, Bay, and LaRoche, they are at least decent. They haven't had a winning season since 1992. :D

If you go to a night game, look for it next time. It will drive you nuts!! Was a great pickup in LaRoche! The Pirates are moving in the right direction. I would just like to see the owner step up and spend a little more $$. They will get it back in revenue from the fans that are out there supporting a winner!!

Dude, the place tops most "gentlemen's clubs" I've ever been to. I wanted to skip the game and just hang out in there.

Yep. I've spent many hours in that place, and it isn't for the food. :D

Also, it gets crazy in that place after Steeler's games. :D

Pro Football: Steelers (theres a shocker)

College Football: Penn State

Pro Basketball: Cavs

College Basketball: Pittsburgh (i know, i know.. i also root for PSU)

Major League Baseball: Indians

Pro Hockey: Penguins

:D TRADER !!!!!!!!!

All 4 Pro Teams in Philly.

why? I was born here, no matter where I go I will always be a Philly fan.

Eagles because Football is my favorite sport, the rest just give me something during the offseason.

Football: New York Jets. I was born in 1969 and my dad bought me a Joe Namath jersey, pads, etc and I've been a fan ever since...wish I still had that old uni. My first Jet game was at Shea Stadium and at half time, a remote controlled plane in the shape of a lawn mower went out of control, hit a kid in the head and the poor kid died a few days later. Jets trailed at the half and came back to win, 28-27 I believe.

Baseball: New York Yankees. First game was the Bobby Murcer game in 1979, when he single-handedly beat the Orioles in the first game at the Stadium since Thurman Munson was buried. Also was there for Game 6 in 1996 as we won our first Series in 18 years.

Hockey: New York Rangers. 1994. The Captain. "Now I Can Die In Peace." Nuff said. I agree with others in here as well...those who don't thik hockey is a real sport have never been to a game or played it...what a rush.

Basketball: New York Knicks. Jordan broke my heart numerous times. Starks dunking on Jordan and Grant, Charles Smith...5 chances and he can't jam, Ewing guaranteeing wins left, right and center and then never delivering, and now Isiah. Yeah...tough times for us Knicks fans.

College: Indiana Hoosiers (since I saw the movie Hoosiers) and St. John's Redmen. I'm an SJU alum and will never call them the Red Storm. Please...

Edited by The Wolf

Football: New York Jets. I was born in 1969 and my dad bought me a Joe Namath jersey, pads, etc and I've been a fan ever since...wish I still had that old uni. My first Jet game was at Shea Stadium and at half time, a remote controlled plane in the shape of a lawn mower went out of control, hit a kid in the head and the poor kid died a few days later. Jets trailed at the half and came back to win, 28-27 I believe.

Baseball: New York Yankees. First game was the Bobby Murcer game in 1979, when he single-handedly beat the Orioles in the first game at the Stadium since Thurman Munson was buried. Also was there for Game 6 in 1996 as we won our first Series in 18 years.

Hockey: New York Rangers. 1994. The Captain. "Now I Can Die In Peace." Nuff said. I agree with others in here as well...those who don't thik hockey is a real sport have never been to a game or played it...what a rush.

Basketball: New York Knicks. Jordan broke my heart numerous times. Starks dunking on Jordan and Grant, Charles Smith...5 chances and he can't jam, Ewing guaranteeing wins left, right and center and then never delivering, and now Isiah. Yeah...tough times for us Knicks fans.

College: Indiana Hoosiers (since I saw the movie Hoosiers) and St. John's Redmen. I'm an SJU alum and will never call them the Red Storm. Please...

IMO Starks dunk was one of the best in NBA history

IMO Starks dunk was one of the best in NBA history

Simply amazing. Other then the moment the Rangers won the cup that building has never been louder. Buddy of mine still has the poster and put it in his newborn baby girls nursery!

Simply amazing. Other then the moment the Rangers won the cup that building has never been louder. Buddy of mine still has the poster and put it in his newborn baby girls nursery!

Bam

Football: Chargers (duh)

Baseball: Padres

Hockey and basketball: No pro teams but I love watching my Illini play hoops and "March madness". Also love to watch Olympic hockey.

:D TRADER !!!!!!!!!

:D i was actually born in cleveland.. my parents, grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles.. everyone is from western PA. baseball was my first sport, so being as young as i was when i started, i naturally got hooked on the local team.. i of course dont mind.. ive had some of the best times at jacobs field (beautiful park). i actually didnt really start following football until junior high, and by that time i knew damn well what team everyone related to me rooted for lol.

Football: Saints (Born and raised in NO)

Hockey: Stars (Moved to Dallas after college)

Basketball: Mavs (New Orleans didn't get the Hornets till after I had left the city and personally I don't think the town can/will continue to support them)

Baseball: Who cares.

NCAA: Ags (Graduate)

Edited by myhousekey