[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Van Halen tour this summer

godtomsatan

Im psyched for this..This is the type of show where you get together with some old friends, tailgate, rock out to some old favorites, then take advil ..

I'll be there. I seen them twice with Hagar at Alpine Valley, Wis. Even with them being half dead it would still be something for me to see as I view them as one of the greatest bands ever. I'm sure it's like meeting one of your hero's and being disappointed...you know where they say your better off never meeting them?

That is what it was like for KISS. I never seen the original KISS and became a huge fan around the "Lick it Up" era. I seen them seven times over the years until the first reunion tour when they regrouped and put the makeup back on. After seeing that I lost interest. It was cool and all but I had put the original so high up that after that it was just kinda "blah." I thought they were a better "band" with Kulick and Carr/Singer in the group.

Anyway, I'll go, likely at Alpine Valley again if they go there.

Edited by CarryTheRock

average ticket price is probably going to be over 100.....when the Who was touring the cheapest seats were running 65 with a high of 550. Least where I was that was the going rate.

I saw Van Halen in '83 with Roth. They were the headline act at a 2 day festival. half the crowd left by the midpoint of their show. It was around the 5th or 6th song and they couldn't get through any of them because they were forgetting words or what the hell they were playing.

Saw Hagar solo a couple of times and he put on a good show. Never saw him with Van Halen though.

So I pull out my 1983 parachute pants and nope, they no longer fit. Then I try the Zubaz. No luck.

Anyone know where I can get these in bigger sizes so I can be ready for the show?

Edited by TimC

I saw them for their first 3 tours then lost interest as I just coudn't get into the keyboard/synthesiser thing. Just didn't seem right with VH.

diver down was the beginning of the end for them. they were never the same after that "jump" buuuushwa.

hi, my name is eddie van halen, this is something i wrote called eruption. what do you think?? BWNAAANNGAHHCHH (loud crunching guitar intro into eruption)

hi, my name is eddie van halen, this is something i wrote called jump. wow, what a p u s s.

after fair warning, the music wasn't the same to me. they were rockers that sold out. i still love the early stuff and even a few of the van hagar songs, but they lost alot along the way.