[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Team cap space

Randall

I don't think the Pat's bring Graham back. They allready have Watson, who's a much better pass catcher, and they didn't draft Thomas and Mills for them to sit on the bench. They drafted those guys, imo, because they knew last year that they weren't going to pony up for Graham.

This is what makes BB and Peoli the best. They draft guys a year in advance for the guys they know they don't plan on re-signing. That way they're not being replaced with rookies, but guys that at least have a year under the coaching staff.

i don't know. i think they value graham higher than watson. i heard they soured on watson a bit at the end of they year.

i don't know. i think they value graham higher than watson. i heard they soured on watson a bit at the end of they year.

We'll see. Pat's signed a TE to the practice squad who's a monster just the other day. He's like 6-7 260. Sounds like a blocking TE to me?? I've just seen this before with the Pats. TE is not a position they hand out money to. And right now Watson is under contract and Graham is not. I heard a rumor that they may franchise him, but I think that's the only way he's back. Don't see him getting a long term deal.

I don't think the Pat's bring Graham back. They allready have Watson, who's a much better pass catcher, and they didn't draft Thomas and Mills for them to sit on the bench. They drafted those guys, imo, because they knew last year that they weren't going to pony up for Graham.

This is what makes BB and Peoli the best. They draft guys a year in advance for the guys they know they don't plan on re-signing. That way they're not being replaced with rookies, but guys that at least have a year under the coaching staff.

yer right about BB/pioli...they see big pictures...looking ahead....but i think after this year they may have to rethink how valuable graham is....the graham situation is a tough one to read for me....like i said, i think he could be worth more money to other teams who would plan to feature him more...but after the kind of year watson had...i think them franchising him for a year might be worth it to them until the TE situation becomes more clear....and as ive said before...i think id prefer to use the tag on asante and move him for a pick...somebody will be willing to pay the money and the pick for him

as far as garrett mills...i dont think you can look at him as a true TE you can put on the line of scrimmage...hes more of a FB/H-back to me

We'll see. Pat's signed a TE to the practice squad who's a monster just the other day. He's like 6-7 260. Sounds like a blocking TE to me?? I've just seen this before with the Pats. TE is not a position they hand out money to. And right now Watson is under contract and Graham is not. I heard a rumor that they may franchise him, but I think that's the only way he's back. Don't see him getting a long term deal.

And other teams can't think a year ahead? Come on.

Most teams reward their players for a job well done, the Pats think only of money.

And other teams can't think a year ahead? Come on.

Most teams reward their players for a job well done, the Pats think only of money.

Um, no, most teams don't draft a full year ahead. Most teams draft guys for needs and openings on their roster right now, not for openings that do not exist yet. Not all, but most teams. If this was any other team, the discussion wouldn't be whether he stays or not, but for how long the contract is going to be, because if they let him walk they'd be drafting a rookie to take over, and most teams are not comfortable with that.

Think back to last year when the Pats drafted Thomas and Mills. Most 'experts' questioned to selection because it was not an area of need. Well, this off-season is the reason they made those selections. Would they like to bring Graham back? Yes. But do they HAVE to bring him back? No.

yer right about BB/pioli...they see big pictures...looking ahead....but i think after this year they may have to rethink how valuable graham is....the graham situation is a tough one to read for me....like i said, i think he could be worth more money to other teams who would plan to feature him more...but after the kind of year watson had...i think them franchising him for a year might be worth it to them until the TE situation becomes more clear....and as ive said before...i think id prefer to use the tag on asante and move him for a pick...somebody will be willing to pay the money and the pick for him

as far as garrett mills...i dont think you can look at him as a true TE you can put on the line of scrimmage...hes more of a FB/H-back to me

I thought Watson had a real good year. 49 catches, 11th among TEs, with an average of 13.1 per catch, second only to Crumpler of guys in the top 12. Graham had 21 catches, and has never had over 39 (iirc) in any season. He's a great blocker, but I don't see BB and Peoli shelling out the kind of money other teams might be willing to, to a blocking te. I just don't see it. Use the franchise tag on Samuel, and some of the saved money on a LB like Briggs or Fletcher.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought Watson had a real good year. 49 catches, 11th among TEs, with an average of 13.1 per catch, second only to Crumpler of guys in the top 12. Graham had 21 catches, and has never had over 39 (iirc) in any season. He's a great blocker, but I don't see BB and Peoli shelling out the kind of money other teams might be willing to, to a blocking te. I just don't see it. Use the franchise tag on Samuel, and some of the saved money on a LB like Briggs or Fletcher.

:D Needless to say, I'm happy with the franchising of Asante Samuel. Job well done Pats!! :D