[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Nintendo Wii

DMD

I discovered something I had not thought about with the Wii. My son showed me The Huddle on his Wii because I have a wireless LAN in my house. It just automatically connected him - I do not use the wireless part of my router normally.

The potential problem with that is the Wii is connecting to the internet without any filtering or logfiles. So "the boys" can eventually figure out they can surf any site they want without being stopped or caught. I have a filter on his computer and know what he does on it but now I am not sure what I am going to do knowing how 13 and 14 year old boys are. I could always unplug his computer or XBox if I wanted but I cannot unplug the wireless without turning off the router - and my own connection.

Something to be aware of.... boys will be boys...

You linksys should have content filtering controls in it. Try using them.

We have the PS3 and Xbox 360, can someone who owns either of these systems and the wii, give their opinon on the consoles?

i've got all three. i love the xbox 360 and the wii, with the ps3 a distant third. i know i'll play the ps3 more when better games come out, but that has yet to happen.

can someone that has the golf game for the wii tell me a little about it??

Tiger Woods is coming out in a few weeks (maybe March?). Wait for that one -- that will be a big test for the wii. (Super Shot golf is a goofy Japanese anime game that got rather tepid reviews, and the one on Wii sports is pretty limited -- I wasn't that impressed with the control ... bowling was way more fun to me. But it wasn't designed as a complete video golf game, either; more like a demo.)

If Tiger Woods works well, and they come out with a good baseball game, I'll get one. EA claims Tiger will be completely responsive to your swing motion for slices, hooks, and power. Wii'll sii.

My oldest has the Wii (bowled a 239 in my 3rd game) and the kids had fun with that but the 17 & 15 year old boy go for the PS3 more.

Speaking of the PS3, I need to figure out how to allow them to play the games online but not surf the internet. My computer blocks them but I discovered the 15 year just doing standard surfing while on the PS3. Matter of time before he figures out there isn't a block on that thing.

Anyone blocked that system?