[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keep 3

Snoil

If it's a TE required league then there's no doubt you keep KWII. He'll definitely be top 5 for TE's next year. I just think there's more available receivers to choose from than there is top TE's to choose from. You'd still be able to get a WR who's comparable to Evans. Not so with the TE's if you don't keep Winslow.

Umm,your team will be Gellin' if you decide to keep Kellen :D

Edited by DocNiner52

Ok, I have S Jackson and W Parker. That's 2.

For the third it's one of these guys:

Kitna

V Young

Lee Evans

K Winslow

And that's about it realistically. Leaning towards Evans pretty strongly for the most part.

Evans? Really? Are you expecting the WR talent pool to be that shallow?

Kitna? I hope you're kidding.

Maybe Young... how long are you able to keep the player?

Most likely, though, I'd say Winslow is your pick as the TE talent pool is most likely shallow enough to where you want to keep an elite TE (assuming TE-mandatory).

To answer a few bits from above-it's 12 team league. Keep 'em til you cut 'em or trade 'em. No limits on how long you can have a player and no salary cap either.

Going off our draft history, and the league is 12 years old with relatively light turnover so I know most of the teams pretty well, there will be few QB's or TE's kept. Gates will possibly be available for instance, as will Gonzo, Heap and Shockey. The WR pool will be very thin, RB's even worse, but I'm ok there so no big deal. There is a pretty good chance that Evans will be the only WR who scored top 10 numbers for the '06 season if I cut him, and that would place him very high on everyone's boards. He ended up fourth by our scoring for the WR position, we don't have points-per-reception, just yards and TD's. Colston and possibly C Johnson might be available (though I'm 99% sure the Johnson owner will cut McGahee not CJ) and if Gates gets kept then Plaxico is in the mix. As far as QB's Manning will be kept (shocking news there eh?) C Palmer too, probably Bulger and Brees as well. Other than that, I doubt any QB's get kept.

So the projection is that much like past drafts, the few teams with fewer than 2 RB's are forced to scramble to get them as quickly as possible, but mostly the first 2 rounds are one long run at the WR position with a few QB's and even fewer TE's thrown in here and there, with maybe a Baltimore or Chicago caliber defense just for flavor. From my own standpoint-I obviously won't be able to get Winslow sneaky-deep like last year when I got him in the 5th (making him essentially an 8th round pick) but from a scarcity standpoint, there might be a couple TE's ahead of him (at least on many of their sheets) and TE's won't start going off the board til mid-1st at earliest. QB's, I'd be happy to have my current tandem back of course, but I can almost certainly get one of them back without even using a 1st round pick. Though having a Martz QB is always nice and Vince looks like a fine player so far.

So the reason I lean toward Evans is based not on who the best player is, which is certainly Kitna, especially since we have thresholds to hit before getting yardage points and he was over 200 yds every week but one all season-the most consistent in the league with respect to yards passing. His value in that respect was excellent last year. Evans also does not have the most upside either which would be Winslow or Young depending who you talk to. But from a standpoint of relative scarcity, I really don't want my starting 3 WR's (we play 3 WR and a mandatory TE) to be Jericho Cotchery, Reche Caldwell and Mike Furrey if ya know what I mean. Evans is young, improved as the year went on-and also importantly so did Losman-and ended up with #1 starter numbers. I also like having a starting QB's "panic button" guy which Evans is for Losman. On the flip side, I have truly been hit-and-miss drafting QB's historically (I didnt draft Kitna or Young-get ready to laugh but I drafted Plummer and A Brooks last year) so having a solid QB might be a good idea in my case. Sometimes my patience at getting a QB has bordered on lackadaisical-so from 'keep myself from screwing up' standpoint some might tell me keep one that works! But I like Winslow the most of the lot personally, despite the late season fade. I just think I can get him back at a cheaper price than Evans, and ditto with Kitna. Thus the flip-flopping in my head which is likely to continue until late August.....

And thanks for the input everyone so far, and hopefully more input too as I will periodically be checking on this thread to see what everyone has to say (and I'm sure Sharpie will be looking to see which way I am leaning too-so I might as well say hello to Sharpie right now LOL)

Keep the guy that will be the toughest to replace and would be the 1st on your draft board if you had not kept them already.

Kitna- Top 5 in most scoring systems. Should look better next year with increased familiarity with the offense

Evans- Not a big fan but he too was top 5 on a team with no QB identity

Winslow- Valued, to me, in the 4-7 ranking range. At a position where only 12 players start each week and most rosters only run with one, I think you can afford to pass. He's still behind Gonzo, Gates, Shockey, Heap and maybe Crumpler or Cooley. I would be just as happy with any of those guys over Winslow.

V. Young- #2 behind Manning over the last 6 weeks of the season

I think Kitna was your most consistent player over the course of the season and there is no reason to think he won't do it again.