[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

do you remember ....

isleseeya

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here and if I remember right I got Terry Allen as a free agent that same year. Along with the Vikings defense and I won our 12-teams scoring only league out of the miller lite football handbook rules.

I drafted Terry Allen the year he broke out with the Vikings. He would've been a steal. Then he tore up his knees and I had to cut him. :D

Back when I thought a high QB could win, I drafted Randall Cunningham first on my first solo team at 1.7.

If you picked him in 1990, that was a damn good pick. He was Mike Vick on steroids...and with NFL-caliber passing skills.

1998, I think I took Bledsoe, total rookie idiot homer pick (although in my defense he was coming off 2 previous seasons of almost 8,000 yards and 55 TDs). But I did manage to snag some no-name rookies named Randy Moss and Fred Taylor in the late rounds to make up for it. :D

Have told this here a few times, but my first year in FF was '95. I had a magazne and did no prep, as I basically was asked in at the last minute. I end up with first overall pick, and went with the consesus best player... Steve Young. Nothing surprising there. Rolls around to end of round 2 and I take the top name on the list... well ahead of anyone else listed.... Brett Favre :D

Never to early to get depth. My only saving grace was trading Young shortly before he got knocked out for the season for Chris Warren and Andre Miller who both put up great seasons.

1991- I took Randall Cunningham with the 2nd overall pick in the draft. Warren Moon went #1 overall. The previous year RC threw for 3400 yards and 30 TD'S. He also rushed for 940 yards and 5 TD'S.

Randall did'nt even make it to halftime of the first game. He blew his knee out in the first half. I was at a bar watching it with some friends. Just bad luck.

Randall's 1991 stats:

+---------------------------------------+-----------------+

| Passing | Rushing |

+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+

| Year TM | G | Comp Att PCT YD Y/A TD INT | Att Yards TD

1991 phi | 1 | 1 4 25.0 19 4.8 0 0 | 0 0 0

My first year ever playing fantasy football was 1998, in which I drafted non other than the great Steve Young. :bash: I wasn't very into fantasy football at this point, so I'm pretty sure the rest of my team was not drafted very well, but with Steve Young leading my team I only fell into a deeper love and appreciation for the greatest franchise of all time: The 49ers.

I'm pretty sure it was 1998 because I remember buying a bunch of Steve Young bobble-head type toys throughout the year (which I no longer have :D ) and then the following year drafting him again only to become heart-broken after his tragic season ending concussion. :D ...which also destroyed hopes for another dominant year.

'99. Dorsey Levens, followed by Testaverde (Testy had had thrown for 3200 and 29 TDs the year previous). Testaverde blew his knee or Achilles out halfway through his first game. DOH! Fortunately, I had grabbed some no-name QB (Rich Gannon) who went on to throw for 3800 and 24 TDs.

I don't know why I took Levens (8th pick out of 10 teams, IIRC). His 1998 stats weren't very good (injury) but I guess his 1997 stats were pretty good. It's a league with bonuses for RBs catching TDs, QB sneaks, etc. Still in this league, won it once.