[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

do you remember ....

isleseeya

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back when I thought a high QB could win, I drafted Randall Cunningham first on my first solo team at 1.7.

I drafted Daunte Culpepper my first year. :D

It worked out great - I traded him and another player for Shaun Alexander and another player. Alexander went nuts while Daunte immediately broke a leg or something and I romped away with the title. :D

1998 was my first year in FF

1.07 was Curtis Martin

2.17 was Cris Carter

3.31 was Ricky Watters

4.41 was Jimmy Smith

Second highest scoring team in the league that year and lost in the first round of the playoffs. I would have walked away with it if I hadn't dropped my 8th round pick after only two weeks ... dadgum that Fred Taylor guy ...

Lesson learned ... if you liked them enough to draft them, give them four weeks to see what they can do (unless injured and out for a significant amount of time) before you cut or trade them.

montana....then rice......then sharpe

then proceeded to trade them for aikman, irvin, and novacek. seemed like a good idea at the time. i was 11 and the cowboys looked good. diont really understand the ff concept.

1995 - Barry Sanders @ 1.08, followed that up with Herman Moore @ 2.05 and went 10-3 my rookie year and lost in the Super Bowl after drafting 2 Detroit Lions to start my FF career.

Wow, some of you have better memories than I do. My first draft was my Junior year in High School, which was 1992. I really can't remember who I took. I can remember having Chris Warren on one of my early teams, and he did very well. I also remember Steve Young was the prized pick back then.

Wow, some of you have better memories than I do. My first draft was my Junior year in High School, which was 1992. I really can't remember who I took. I can remember having Chris Warren on one of my early teams, and he did very well. I also remember Steve Young was the prized pick back then.

That's about the same time frame for my first draft as well ... I remember mine so clearly because I took a kicker AND DID NOT GET THE KICKER I WANTED. I wanted Chip Lohmiller and he was DRAFTED BEFORE ME IN THE FIRST ROUND so I settled for Pete Stoyanovich.

I drafted from a FF magazine and the league as a basic scoring league. Why wouldn't I want one of the best projected kickers in the game ... after all kickers scored more than any other position (by about 2 times).

The funny thing is I still managed to win my division that year. Largely due to my ignorance ... I drafted 2 players that were in the middle of long hold outs and were talking like they were going to sit out a full 10 games if they didn't get new contracts. I was entirely unaware of the hold out situations and drafted Michael Irvin and Andre Rison fairly late as people were avoiding them. I remember being amazed that both players were available when I drafted them and what a steal I got. :D As it turned out both got new contracts before game 1 and both had pretty damn good years. Big John could probably nail down the exact year this occured.

My first year I won my local league - believe it was 95. I can't remember who I picked first, but know that the key was drafting Curtis Martin, who was a rookie that year that no one really knew much about (at the time, we didnt' follow things like we do today). He, and Warren Moon and Billy Brooks (WR at Buff) led me to my championship. 12 years later, waiting on my 2nd one in that league that I took over commish the following year...