[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I must keep four, and only four of these guys

SpinalTapp

In our league, owners can only keep players drafted in the fourth round or later. So the usual suspects are thrown back into the redraft pool - LT, Manning, SJax, SAlex, MHarrison, SSmith, etc are all availalbe in the redraft.

I can keep any four of these guys. Here are my top four ranked keepers and the remaining options..

1. Cedric Benson - one Keeper Year Left (KYL) - this upcoming season only

2. Donte Stallworth - 2KYL

3. Jay Cutler - 3KYL

4. Vernon Davis - 2KYL

Other options

5. Jerricho Cotchery - 3KYL

6. Mark Clayton - 2KYL

7. Ladell Betts (if traded or Portis traded, would be a stud)- 2KYL

8. Leon Washington (will he be the starter???) - 3KYL

9. Ricky Williams (up in smoke?) - 3KYL

10. Greg Jennings (rising?) - 3KYL

11. Rex Grossman - 3KYL

12. Cedric Houston - 3KYL

13. Reuben Droughns - 1KYL

14. Chris "Jail Bait" Henry - 2KYL

Keep in mind, I will have four, 4th round picks next season (made a ton of trades to pick up the best keeper players for this upcoming season). So, I could probably grab a top TE or even grab VDavis with one of my 4th round picks (I have the first two picks in the fourth round).

Which four would you keep? How would you rank them?

Yikes. I would go with those top-4.

Benson is eventually going to get the gig - will it be next season, though? I don't think you can toss him back into the pool. Even with just one year left. Keep him.

Stallworth is a solid WR option. He's essentially a #2-type fantasy WR that has the potential to put up "top" numbers. Solid keeper in this format, IMO.

Cutler's not going to set the world on fire this coming year, but I don't think you can toss him back. He'll make intriguing trade bait, or heck, he could surprise and be a viable starter.

Davis was hampered by injury last season and given the fact that the TE position is paper-thin, I think you almost HAVE to keep any solid TE. He could develop a big-time rapport with Alex Smith given a healthy off-season, training camp and start to the season.

Notes on others: I like Cotchery, but he seems like a "big play only" guy. Not big on Clayton, not in that offense w/ Mason + Heap there. Love Betts, as you hinted to - but it'll take a trade for him to have true value. I don't see a trade in his - or Portis' - future. I don't think Washington is anything more than a 3rd down / COP back. Williams' future is certainly "cloudy". I'd stay away. Jennings' stock is certainly high but I'd rather have Stallworth, and you're not going to keep Jennings ahead of Cutler or Davis. Grossman is - at best - a backup fantasy QB. No sense in keeping someone like that. Houston is intriguing but I'd rather have the upside of Benson/Cutler/Davis. Droughns is way too vanilla for my taste. I'd toss him back and see if you can steal him late as a backup. Henry is also rather intriguing. If he can keep himself out of trouble, I think he's a solid #3 fantasy WR that is capable of "#2-type" stats. Too many "if's" there, though.

Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you have to consider keeping Jennings over Cutler. Cutler is a backup fantasy QB. You should be able to get him in the later rounds of the draft, I would think. He would be easier to replace than Jennings, who had a pretty decent rookie season.

I think you sould keep Jennings or Cotchery(sp)? over Davis and try to draft Davis in the 4th round next year. Cutler will be good since Shanny knows he can toss the rock he will be putting up Elway numbers or at least have a chance too.

Edited by gogo2146

Stallworth and Davis should be reconsidered. Jennings, Henry, Clayton, and Betts all are potentially better options.

Disagree on releasing Cutler. Granted, he could be a bust keep, but he could also be a standout keeper. You have no 'lock' studs there. I'd take the chance on him over most of the others.

• 4 weeks later...

I would not keep Jennings. Moss is thisclose to becoming a Packer and Jennings becomes the #3 WR. You said you made a ton of trades "to get the best keepers." You're not referring to the four you mentioned in your post are you? Or do you mean the four players you draft in the 4th round as keepers for next season?

You got it wolf. I will have four, 4th round picks this season (including 4.1 and 4.2). We started our keeper system three years ago. All original keepers are now back in the draft pool. The fourth round is our first keeper round. This is the best keeper draft we will have for the next three years.

My lock keepers for next year are Benson and Stallworth.

Cutler, Davis, and Cotchery are my next highest rated. Obvioulsy, if Betts is traded and is a starter, he becomes a no brainer keeper.

I am leaning towards keeping Cutler and Cotch or Cutler and Davis as my final two keepers. Thoughts?

I can keep any four of these guys. Here are my top four ranked keepers and the remaining options..

1. Cedric Benson - one Keeper Year Left (KYL) - this upcoming season only

2. Donte Stallworth - 2KYL

3. Jay Cutler - 3KYL

4. Vernon Davis - 2KYL

Other options

5. Jerricho Cotchery - 3KYL

6. Mark Clayton - 2KYL

7. Ladell Betts (if traded or Portis traded, would be a stud)- 2KYL

8. Leon Washington (will he be the starter???) - 3KYL

9. Ricky Williams (up in smoke?) - 3KYL

10. Greg Jennings (rising?) - 3KYL

11. Rex Grossman - 3KYL

12. Cedric Houston - 3KYL

13. Reuben Droughns - 1KYL

14. Chris "Jail Bait" Henry - 2KYL

Unlike the consensus, I love Cutler. I like Clayton better than Stallworth. I don't know what to make of Chris Henry. I love the guy. I wanted the Cowboys to take him. I've had him on a dynasty team since he came into the league. I have to make a decision on him this year as he's a RFA.

Back to your post, I might might like Henry better than Stallworth, too. Maybe not. All I can tell you about Henry's legal situation is that I heard or read something as recently as two or three weeks ago and my reaction was Henry was past the worst.

As of right now I go Benson (who I've never been high on), Clayton, Cutler and I sure as hell don't let go of Vernon Davis. Under no circumstances do I let go of Vernon Davis. In fact, of all 14 players, I would put him #1.

But don't forget I was high on Boller as recently as 2005.

Good luck.

Unlike the consensus, I love Cutler. I like Clayton better than Stallworth. I don't know what to make of Chris Henry. I love the guy. I wanted the Cowboys to take him. I've had him on a dynasty team since he came into the league. I have to make a decision on him this year as he's a RFA.

Back to your post, I might might like Henry better than Stallworth, too. Maybe not. All I can tell you about Henry's legal situation is that I heard or read something as recently as two or three weeks ago and my reaction was Henry was past the worst.

As of right now I go Benson (who I've never been high on), Clayton, Cutler and I sure as hell don't let go of Vernon Davis. Under no circumstances do I let go of Vernon Davis. In fact, of all 14 players, I would put him #1.

But don't forget I was high on Boller as recently as 2005.

Good luck.

While we may not agree on many things other than country music, I have to agree with Clubby here.

I keep Cutler - great supporting talent and coaching, Davis, Benson and Cotchery - I expect big things from this kid!

I love Jennings but he still shares his targets with Driver and if Moss goes to GB?? I drop Stallworth out of there because he is now in New England and Tom Brady loves to spread the ball around and Portis will be well or Betts will be running alot.