[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why IND loses the SB

Bronco Billy

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no way that Grossman would've beaten NE. I doubt that he would've beaten SD or BAL, either.

thank god HE wouldn't have had to. thank god for the other 21 PLAYERS that don't seem to matter in this game for the bears. they will have no bearing on the outcome. its mano e mano i guess for all the experts, rex vs. peyton. WE SHALL SEE!

everyone likes indy to jump to an early lead and win going away....10 pts, 14 pts, 17. the chip on the bears shoulder is hughmongous. they are going to come out hitting and hitting hard. addai isn't going to want a hand off in the 4th quarter after being bia tch slapped for the first 3.

:D:D:bash:

:clap:

You know, since you brought up the 2 DEN/IND debacles, if you throw those 2 games out, Manning has averaged 241 passing yds with 8 TDs and 13 INTs in his other 10 playoff games.

Now there's some studly playoff numbers!

Edited by Bronco Billy

Year Opp Result | CMP ATT PYD PTD INT | RSH YD TD

---------------------+--------------------------+-----------------

1999 ten L,16-19 | 19 43 227 0 0 | 2 22 1

2000 mia L,17-23 | 17 32 194 1 0 | 1 -2 0

2002 nyj L,0-41 | 14 31 137 0 2 | 1 2 0

2003 den W,41-10 | 22 26 377 5 0 | 1 0 0

2003 kan W,38-31 | 22 30 304 3 0 | 1 -1 0

2003 nwe L,14-24 | 23 47 237 1 4 | 2 4 0

2004 den W,49-24 | 27 33 457 4 1 | 1 1 1

2004 nwe L,3-20 | 27 42 238 0 1 | 1 6 0

2005 pit L,18-21 | 22 38 290 1 0 | 0 0 0

2006 kan W,23-8 | 30 38 268 1 3 | 2 -2 0

2006 bal W,15-6 | 15 30 170 0 2 | 3 5 0

2006 nwe W,38-34 | 27 47 349 1 1 | 2 0 1

TOTAL | 265 437 3248 17 14 | 17 35 3

Here are the facts...argue these. Four great games (Den and Kan in 2003, Den in 2004, NWE in 2006), four horrible ones (NYJ, 2002, NWE, 2003, KAN and BAL, 2006), and four in between.

I agree witha point Swerski made earlier...the Colts are here because of Manning...the Bears are heredespite Grossman. How much better/more consistent Griese would have been, we'll never know.

Edited by The Wolf

Year Opp Result | CMP ATT PYD PTD INT | RSH YD TD

1999 ten L,16-19 | 19 43 227 0 0 | 2 22 1

2000 mia L,17-23 | 17 32 194 1 0 | 1 -2 0

2002 nyj L,0-41 | 14 31 137 0 2 | 1 2 0

2003 den W,41-10 | 22 26 377 5 0 | 1 0 0

2003 kan W,38-31 | 22 30 304 3 0 | 1 -1 0

2003 nwe L,14-24 | 23 47 237 1 4 | 2 4 0

2004 den W,49-24 | 27 33 457 4 1 | 1 1 1

2004 nwe L,3-20 | 27 42 238 0 1 | 1 6 0

2005 pit L,18-21 | 22 38 290 1 0 | 0 0 0

2006 kan W,23-8 | 30 38 268 1 3 | 2 -2 0

2006 bal W,15-6 | 15 30 170 0 2 | 3 5 0

2006 nwe W,38-34 | 27 47 349 1 1 | 2 0 1

TOTAL | 265 437 3248 17 14 | 17 35 3

Here are the facts...argue these. Four great games (Den and Kan in 2003, Den in 2004, NWE in 2006), four horrible ones (NYJ, 2002, NWE, 2003, KAN and BAL, 2006), and four in between.

I agree witha point Swerski made earlier...the Colts are here because of Manning...the Bears are heredespite Grossman. How much better/more consistent Griese would have been, we'll never know.

You can add '99 TEN, '00 MIA, '04 NE, & '05 PIT to his horrible game list from his in-between list. A passing team like IND throwing for 1 or fewer TDs and/or having more INTs than TDs makes for a horrible game for the alleged best QB in the league. I'd call the '06 NE game an in-between game. C'mon, he threw for as many TDs for NE as he did for his own team. The reason he made a huge comeback was because he put IND in a gigantic hole.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Grossman also could very well mange the game safely & let Manning do what he has done all of his career - lose the $$$ games with yet another bad outing.

people just remember all those times that he was putting up 35+ pts per game. they don't want to think about those bad outings. its his yr. is all they want to believe. if the bears do what i think they will do, (double harrison out of the gate) manning could struggle, and struggle badly. the bears did that to alot of qb's this yr. oh i know, it was all in the beginning of the yr, they aren't capable of that anymore. :D

You can add '99 TEN, '00 MIA, '04 NE, & '05 PIT to his horrible game list from his in-between list. A passing team like IND throwing for 1 or fewer TDs and/or having more INTs than TDs makes for a horrible game for the alleged best QB in the league. I'd call the '06 NE game an in-bteween game. C'mon, he threw for as many TDs for NE as he did for his own team. The reason he made a huge comeback was because he put IND in a gigantic hole.

:D:D:bash:

John Elway was just AWFUL in the Super Bowl. Man, he was a complete choke-job until Terrell Davis and Denver's O-line started controlling the line of scrimmage for him. He couldn't win crap without that dominant running game.

:D:bash::D

Edited by Bill Swerski

John Elway was just AWFUL in the Super Bowl. Man, he was a complete choke-job until Terrell Davis and Denver's O-line started controlling the line of scrimmage for him.

:D

Please don't confuse the talent that Elway had around him when DEN was getting its clocked cleaned in his early SBs to the O talent that Manning has surrounding him. I know it's really difficult for you to distinguish the difference between Edgerrin James & Bobby Humphrey, between Marvin Harrison & Vance Johnson, and between Reggie Wayne & Ricky Nattiel.

Besides, we are discussing Manning regularly dropping trou in playoff games. Your weak attempt to change the subject because you don't have a valid defense for your argument is awfully transparent, and looks even worse when you compare the two QBs and the guys who they had to distribute the ball to.

:D

Please don't confuse the talent that Elway had around him when DEN was getting its clocked cleaned in his early SBs to the O talent that Manning has surrounding him. I know it's really difficult for you to distinguish the difference between Edgerrin James & Bobby Humphrey, between Marvin Harrison & Vance Johnson, and between Reggie Wayne & Ricky Nattiel.

Excuses, excuses! :D

Besides, we are discussing Manning regularly dropping trou in playoff games. Your weak attempt to change the subject because you don't have a valid defense for your argument is awfully transparent, and looks even worse when you compare the two QBs and the guys who they had to distribute the ball to.

The fact that most people in this thread disagree without your idiotic argument speaks volumes.

Edited by Bill Swerski

The fact that most people in this thread disagree without your idiotic argument speaks volumes.

Well, I'll be back Monday AM so we can see how idiotic I really am. I'll be interested to see if you show up if Manning craps the bed yet again.

Happy SB Sunday!

Well, I'll be back Monday AM so we can see how idiotic I really am.

I think that's already apparent. :D

I'll be interested to see if you show up if Manning craps the bed yet again.

I've consistently shown up after the good, bad, and mediocre performances, so you can bet I'll be here on Monday.

i'm going to describe mannings play on sunday. we'll make a game out of it. match game, with gene rayburn. okay, were talking about peyton.....the clue is (blank) cat.

Cool cat :D

i'm going to describe mannings play on sunday. we'll make a game out of it. match game, with gene rayburn. okay, were talking about peyton.....the clue is (blank) cat.

Crispy,

Don't bogart that joint your smokin'! :D:D

Crispy,

Don't bogart that joint your smokin'! :D:D

pass the dutchie on the left hand side....pass the dutchie on the left hand side.

while scaredy is a good answer, menudo and jojo get pt deductions for cool and hep. of course the word we were looking for is Pu SSy.

another match game.........colts rush defense (blanks)?

Haven't read all of this thread... but from what I did read of it the obvious seems to be ignored by everyone.... and that includes what I read elsewhere from the media....

A good defense beats a good offense nine out of ten times.

Defense wins championships.... and Chicago has one of the best out there.

Personally.... am taking the Bears straight up. Has nothing to do with Manning and how he does in big games....or...Grossman and him being new to the SB. Has nothing to do with stats from the past or stats being projected for the future. It has to do with the better D.... and Chicago has the much better D.

I also notice that everyone ignores the fact that Manning is just as new to the hype and stress of the SB as Grossman is. Uncharted waters for both.

Haven't read all of this thread... but from what I did read of it the obvious seems to be ignored by everyone.... and that includes what I read elsewhere from the media....

A good defense beats a good offense nine out of ten times.

Defense wins championships.... and Chicago has one of the best out there.

Personally.... am taking the Bears straight up. Has nothing to do with Manning and how he does in big games....or...Grossman and him being new to the SB. Has nothing to do with stats from the past or stats being projected for the future. It has to do with the better D.... and Chicago has the much better D.

I also notice that everyone ignores the fact that Manning is just as new to the hype and stress of the SB as Grossman is. Uncharted waters for both.

Wisdom speaks.

This SB is wide open. While it's difficult to see a Chicago blowout, anyone thinking they're there just to make up the numbers is sadly mistaken. Manning and Co are going to know they've been in a game, however it ends.