[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts and prayers

tbimm

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prayers and good vibes for you and your dad. Like rr said just be there with him and hold his hand, talk, try to make him laugh. That's all he'll need to get through this and it will make him happy inside.

Prayers on the way Bro, I know the feeling, my Pop is going through the same kind of thing right now.

Thank You all. Just got home from the evening visit and there isnt much change.

The situation is this, he is on a ventilator and heavily sedated. They have him on 70% oxygen and have not been able to drop that for more than 48 hours now. The doctors are starting to talk about a tracheostmy(sp) which is against his wishes. He can only be on the ventilator for a little while longer so decisions are going to have to be made soon.

This may be the most difficult decision I will ever have to make in my life but I know full well what my dads feelings are on life support.

I'm hoping for a consultation with the doctors tomorrow to get an idea of what type of quality of life can be expected if we go further with the life support measures. What a :D this is.

As some of you know my father has been fighting terminal lung disease for about 7 months now. He has taken a turn for the worse and i'm not sure if he will make it out of the hospital.

To be honest i'm not sure his quality of life will be such that getting out of the hospital would even be good for him.

If you have a minute and could just send some positive his way it would be greatly appreciated by myself and my family. I just want whats best for him!

Done.

Thoughts to you and your family.