[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts and prayers

tbimm

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this morning was interesting and I am heading back over for a consultation with the doc this afternoon. I dont want to get overly optimistic at this point but there were some developements that allow for a little hope. I will give a complete update tonight. Until then keep it coming because it seems to be working! Thank You all again.

Update: I had a long consultation with my fathers head doctor in ICU today and have some very encouraging news to say the least.

Last June my dad was diagnosed with Pulamanary Fibrosis(sp). This is basically a scarring of the lung tissue which eliminates the possibilty for regenaration and basically a death sentence. With this knowledge and as bad as my dad got this last week I left this morning expecting to be discussing not if, but when to pull the plug.

Overnight his doc started doing some experimentation with the oxygen levels being supplied to him through the ventilator. What he found along with the results of the cat scan was that my dad was MISDIAGNOSED. This is the best news we could possibly have received today.

I feel like I am on a rollercoaster ride that just never stops. As it turns out we (the doctors) think that he has a midlevel case of emphasyma which isnt great but beats the he11 out of Fibrosis as it is treatable. There is also a very good chance that he has a shunt(sp) in his heart which is causeing blood to be diverted back into his blood stream rather than routeing through the lungs to bring in oxygen and dispose of co2.

Today the doc wanted to try to remove the vent tube but he just wasnt ready for that yet so we will try again tomorrow. He is very aggitated and the sedation meds are starting to lose their effectiveness so something will have to be done soon. When I left they were in the process of changing the sedation meds to see if they could put him back to sleep to allow him some comfort.

This has been a tough road but we finally have some really positive news and all the prayers and well wishes are proving very valuable.

Thank You all again and I will update again as I get more news!

Update: I had a long consultation with my fathers head doctor in ICU today and have some very encouraging news to say the least.

Last June my dad was diagnosed with Pulamanary Fibrosis(sp). This is basically a scarring of the lung tissue which eliminates the possibilty for regenaration and basically a death sentence. With this knowledge and as bad as my dad got this last week I left this morning expecting to be discussing not if, but when to pull the plug.

Overnight his doc started doing some experimentation with the oxygen levels being supplied to him through the ventilator. What he found along with the results of the cat scan was that my dad was MISDIAGNOSED. This is the best news we could possibly have received today.

I feel like I am on a rollercoaster ride that just never stops. As it turns out we (the doctors) think that he has a midlevel case of emphasyma which isnt great but beats the he11 out of Fibrosis as it is treatable. There is also a very good chance that he has a shunt(sp) in his heart which is causeing blood to be diverted back into his blood stream rather than routeing through the lungs to bring in oxygen and dispose of co2.

Today the doc wanted to try to remove the vent tube but he just wasnt ready for that yet so we will try again tomorrow. He is very aggitated and the sedation meds are starting to lose their effectiveness so something will have to be done soon. When I left they were in the process of changing the sedation meds to see if they could put him back to sleep to allow him some comfort.

This has been a tough road but we finally have some really positive news and all the prayers and well wishes are proving very valuable.

A lot better there. :D

Man, this Huddle vibe thing really works! :D:D

Great news indeed! Keep us all posted on dad's condition and we'll keep the prayers comin'.