[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick to have more freedom under Petrino

Chavez

Bobby Petrino is a smart, smart man

Atlanta Falcons coach Bobby Petrino will let Michael Vick take a more active role in running the offense.

That includes allowing Vick to call audibles.

Under previous coach Jim Mora, Vick basically had to go with whatever play was called by offensive coordinator Greg Knapp, even if it looked doomed when the quarterback got to the line and studied the defensive alignment.

Vick's only options were changing the protection scheme and calling which side of the field to run the play.

Things will be different under Petrino, who was lured away from Louisville after Mora was fired.

"We're going to put it all on him," the new coach said while making the rounds at the Super Bowl media center. "It's new to him, but he's excited about the challenge. I think that's the way you train a quarterback."

Judging from his past, I'm sure he will be a great decision maker......... :D

Vick:"The coaches put me in a bad situation"

Petrino: "I've never seen him audible so much in one game..."