[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Happy birthday to Sugar Magnolia!

Chavez

Just remember this. Your age is nothing but a number that has no intrinsic meaning in and of itself. Humans must constantly rank and compare themselves to one another and age allows us to do this in some warped fashion. In reality, your mental and phisical agility is far more important that some number denoting the number of trips around the sun you've made.

Just remember this. Your age is nothing but a number that has no intrinsic meaning in and of itself. Humans must constantly rank and compare themselves to one another and age allows us to do this in some warped fashion. In reality, your mental and phisical agility is far more important that some number denoting the number of trips around the sun you've made.

I have a lower member # and 3x as many posts as Kid Cid.

I am WAY better than he is.

KC's been hitting the Josh Gordon hard this morning. :D

I have a lower member # and 3x as many posts as Kid Cid.

I am WAY better than he is.

A small member is nothing to brag about.

And Happy Birthday Sugar :D

damnabit,

you take a couple of weeks off, and all of a sudden some dude named Sugar Magnolia is the talk of the town.

Is this

a) the new handle of someone who is on a timeout

:D a sign of my oncoming alzheimer's

c) proof that Sugar Magnolia is really the cat's meow, as he's the sweetheart of thehuddle depite my never having heard of him/her.

happy birthday whoever you might be:shrug:

:D

damnabit,

you take a couple of weeks off, and all of a sudden some dude named Sugar Magnolia is the talk of the town.

Is this

a) the new handle of someone who is on a timeout

:bash: a sign of my oncoming alzheimer's

c) proof that Sugar Magnolia is really the cat's meow, as he's the sweetheart of thehuddle depite my never having heard of him/her.

happy birthday whoever you might be:shrug:

:D

:D Sugar Magnolia is a woman, and entered in the middle of last year.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I'm already bracing myself for the big 5-0 When I was in my 20's and 30's I always thought people in their 50's were really hot and very sexy. Now I'm closing in on being one of them.

You got that right SM. One more year and you'll REALLY know. :D

Happy birthday! :D

I thought I was keeping myself young and fit until I moved to the city I live in. I run 3-5 miles 3X a week and mix in some snowshoeing and skiing in the winter, and mtn biking in the summer. But here, that is a slacker.

The other night I was at a dinner party and everyone was 5+ years older than I am. One is a tri athelete;competing in ironmans on a regular basis. Another runs marathons, and the other person I met runs a 50 mile marathon once a year. One guy talked about his bike ride from Oregon to Montana last summer.

There is a hill to climb to my house from downtown that is a 600 ft climb in 1.3 miles. I have run up this hill and was once passed by a runner talking on a cell phone as I was ready to pass out. Another time I was passed by a runner who was pushing a jogging stroller. One time I was riding my bike and passed by someone who was running up the hill. Last summer I climbed both South Sister and Mt Adams with a 73 year old man who beat me to the top by 45 minutes to an hour.

I am quite humbled and feel sooo out of shape around here.

Thanks for the birthday cheers. I got an Ipod for my b-day from my hubby and today ran my 3 miles to Sheryl Crow, Santana, Eric Clapton and Jimmy Buffet, then off to a Super Bowl party where I drank myself silly. Life is good.

Thanks for the b-day song quotes from The Dead. I was back stage at a Dead concert once and met Mickey Hart. Got back stage 'cause Mickey Hart was dating Joan Baez and I took Joanie's son Gabe (who was 12 at the time) to the concert at Frost Amphitheater at Stanford. I'd like to take credit for turning Gabe into a Dead Head, (his fav band at the time was Adam and the Ants) That's another story. Gabe later ended up with a hugh drug problem which I don't take credit for.