[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Halftime Show

sundaynfl

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the halftime show was pretty good too.

But...did anyone else think that Prince got away with a little obscenity when he was backlit during Purple Rain? He turned sideways and was thrusting the neck of the guitar around.

Not really. I figure anytime a musician has a guitar on his hip it looks that way (on purpose).

But...did anyone else think that Prince got away with a little obscenity when he was backlit during Purple Rain? He turned sideways and was thrusting the neck of the guitar around.

Who are you? Tipper Gore?

I figured that was why the cameras kept changing angles...to try to avoid a real phallic display.

Loved the show, though!

:thumbsup:

Didn't realize the majority of huddle was so music challenged. It's the Puppy Bowl again for me this year. Ditto on the obscenely overhyped commercials.

Ursa is hardly music challenged - Prince ain't my bag, but he gets points for NOT lip-syncing and actually playing, in addition to being a cut above the junk they usually trot out for a SB halftime.

I thought the selection of Prince was a great one, the dude rocks guitar and has a very Bowie-like career, always changing his sound regardless of the commercial success of the previous album. As noted, he can't read music but he has taught himself to play approx 27 intstruments (watch his "Sign o' the Times concert, he hops behind the drums as Sheila E takes over the mic, and the song never misses a beat).

I have always digged him, and he's not for everybody. But he certainly IS a highly talented, still-underrated performer and I would say that saying he "sucks" is a real muscily ignorant statement.

Guess it's just me and showing my age, but didn't Prince look a lot like Hazel from that 60's sitcom? And had to be the absolute worst rendition of Hendrix's 'All Along the Watchtower' that I've ever had to sit through...should have watched the puppy bowl...

'All Along the Watchtower' is a Bob Dylan song from the album John Wesley Harding... The Hendrix version, though very good, is a cover.

We were commenting on his choice of attire. The dolphin's teal and orange were quite becoming. I said that he probably asked where he would be playing at, and upon hearing it was at Dolphin's stadium looked up the team colors.

I thought it was good as well. I went to see him in concert (well Mrs. Puddy wanted to go :D) at the Palace of Auburn Hills and it was a very good show. He also came out with a Tayshaun Prince jersey on to play up to the crowd (which looked pretty funny on him since he's so short).

I was actually NOT looking forward to the half time show. I was thinking that Prince was just another has-been star who was booked because the Super Bowl Committee is made up of people who have no clue how to evaluate contemporary music.

Boy, I was wrong on this one. Prince rocked last night! I really enjoyed the show... except for maybe the Aunt Jemima doo rag that he was sporting for a while. I also had an appreciation for the ladies dancing around on a wet stage in high heel stiletto boots. :D

'All Along the Watchtower' is a Bob Dylan song from the album John Wesley Harding... The Hendrix version, though very good, is a cover.

Bob Dylan has said that when he plays "Watchtower", he feels like he's covering Jimi. :D

Bob Dylan has said that when he plays "Watchtower", he feels like he's covering Jimi. :D

That is interesting... I had never heard that. I do enjoy both versions of the song, however... Hendrix definitely owned it when he performed it. Thanks Chavez.