[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Home Invasion

Footballjoe

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say raccoon for sure. The people over the back fence from me had a whole family living under their place for years. One of the raccoons was bright orange instead of the usual color and they were enormous. My wife mistook one in the dark for a small bear.

Did you know...

Raccoons are members of the bear family, and are very strong.

There are bigger traps than that.

If you catch one, try to take it somewhere deep into the woods. At least 5 miles from your house. Set it free there or it might find it's way back. Your other option is to fill a trash barrell with water and...well...you know, but you would need to stones to kill the thing.

I was wrong...

The release site for these large animals should be over ten miles away.

I will pull the panel from behind the tub this evening. Actually I will crack it open to take a peek. I was under the house on Saturday and did not see anything as far a movement.

Well, Racoons are generally nocturnal, so if the nest is empty during the day that might suggest another kind of animal. What time of the day was the chewing happening?

Well, Racoons are generally nocturnal, so if the nest is empty during the day that might suggest another kind of animal. What time of the day was the chewing happening?

We hear the chewing about 10-11 PM. It only happens now and then. Maybe 2 days in a row, then nothing for a couple of weeks.

I had an ex that had something very close to this.

During the day time you could hear snoring through all the vents in the house. It was kind of spooky because it sounded like a human snore but it turned out to be a stray dog has gotten under their house

A friend of mine has these under his trailer house on the ranch he works on. They are smaller than a raccoon, but they usually have an odor like a skunk.

E2A: it is a civet cat

Edited by Rebellab

Almost definitely a raccoon with the poo you describe. Had one take up residence in the parent's barn one year. Left one heck of a mess.

Edit: If you do trap a raccoon, be very careful. Those things are mean. They'll try to claw and bite you through a cage.

agreed,or possibly a nutria if you live very far south