[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Home Invasion

Footballjoe

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have those things all over here, dude, they can be very mean as well. And they dig the schit outa the pasture, huge holes everywhere, horse killers for sure. They are fun to run over though, they just run in a straight line til crunch.

ive herd they like to dig but they would only last about 4 months up here anyway....

yeah but I love the saying "just like shootin' rats in a barrel" sort of like your very own arcade in your basement, 3 irons tend to get a little messy, but the Bill Murray starts coming out and BAM!!!! you kill the varmits

Edited by Hugh B Tool

Trap set, vents secure and tub access nailed shut. There is one heck of a nest behind my tub access door. Now all I can do is :D

I'm surprised the Coon wasn't in there sleeping and attacked your ass. I'm interested for (cue Paul Harvey) "The rest of the Story" tomorrow.

Didn't read the whole thread, but scratching near the bath tub is almost certainly an oppossum. Mother's cling to the hot water pipes to keep them and babies (who cling to their backs ) warm during cold weather. Good luck getting that bastage out. If you have a hound dog, and assuming the dog's rabbies shots are up to date, send 'er in. Otherwise, you need to get a large animal trap.

Careful, though: even if you catch the beast, you're going to have to do something with it (and the babies). Yeah, you can kill it. But - DAMN - those carcasses stink after a couple days. You could also release it into the wild. Just becareful to wrap the cage up, or put it in the back of a pick up: oppossums can spray thick, green, smelly goo from their anus when they're scared. Chances are, that won't go well with your vehicle's interior upholstery.

Edited by yo mama

I'm surprised the Coon wasn't in there sleeping and attacked your ass. I'm interested for (cue Paul Harvey) "The rest of the Story" tomorrow.

I just cracked the panel back a few inches and used a flashlight to peek in. There where so many leaves I really could not see anything.

How in God's name do you know that?

I've tangled with my fair share of oppossums in the past. (Urban Houston is littered with them; they like the bayous). But being the nerd that I am, I did a bunch of research before going to war. Glad that I did, too.

First one I killed my dog killed, I just catapulted with a shovel into my neighbor's yard in the middle of the night. (Man, that guy was a prick). Next time I called an exterminator, but he wanted $250 for the mother, and $100 per baby. So that's when I bought my own trap and just started dealing with it myself.

FYI, wrapping the oppossum carcass up in plastic bag and placing it in the trunk of your friend's car, say, in August, is another way to dispose of such a varment. Or so I've heard... :D

Edited by yo mama

I've tangled with my fair share of oppossums in the past. (Urban Houston is littered with them; they like the bayous). But being the nerd that I am, I did a bunch of research before going to war. Glad that I did, to.

First one I killed my dog killed, I just catapulted with a shovel into my neighbor's yard in the middle of the night. (Man, that guy was a prick). Next time I called an exterminator, but he wanted $250 for the mother, and $100 per baby. So that's when I bought my own trap and just started dealing with it myself.

FYI, a wrapping the oppossum carcass up in plastic bag and placing it in the trunk of your ex-friend's car, say, in August, is another way to dispose of such a varment. Or so I've heard... :D

fixed :D

When I lived in Cincinnati, we had one that lived in the back yard. We named him Wyatt. No harm to me or roommates, other than scaring the bejesus out of us coming home from the bar at 2 am.

It's a raccooon (they have poop like dogs) though I dunno why it would be gnawing on your wood. Maybe it's rabid.

I trap racoons all the time. Get a live trap (about $50) and set it in your yard with a can of tuna or wet cat food for bait. Done deal. :D

If you don't want to deal with the coon, call animal control once it is in the live trap. Do not pick up the cage without thick gloves or some kind of hook. Racoons are not the pet-like little critters Disney protrays them to be. :D