[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The day after......

rocknrobn26

The Bears had a great season! We lost/were beat, but no reason to hang our heads low.

1) Congrats to the Bears!! :D:clap: You gave us a season to savor and something to build on!

2) QB? I'm not a Grossman fan, but dammit he has some good tools and by games played is still a rookie! I'm not ready to put him in the shredder YET! Forget the WW and forget another rook!

3) Rb's are fine. Keep them both!

4) We need Briggs back! Period!!! YES, one man CAN make a difference!

5) The Bears didn't want to play Dallass? :D Stop that! My side is hurting from laughing! What a dumb comment!

6) We need to look at 'O' Line. Same line basically as last year, but didn't play as well. Tait is not playing up to the caliber that he promised to.

7) I really thought that Rivera & Turner were assets. Today I have to question both of them. The 'D' was on the field for a long time, but early in the game they went to that semi-prevent! And the 'O' was poorly coordinated. Both of them should have tried something different (put Hester in at WR, 2 TE sets, etc), but didn't. A big disappointment! Both lines were on their heals all day. What the hell was that all about? Sorry the lines for the Colts are not that great, but did a very good job.

8) WR's have to knock down a pass that they can't catch. In both cases that was possible, but they didn't do it!

I may have more to add, but.....

Thank You Bears for a great season!!!!!

:bash::tup:

No get that POS TJ out he is useless. He's the real reason you lost!

Yes I'm a Benson owner.

Bronc,

I really thought you knew something about FB! Apparently not!

There ya are! I just PMed you. I feel for ya bro! I have the flu and did all day yesterday. Didn't stop me from joining the chat though. I was wondering how many scotches did you drink:

A) Before the game

:D During the game

C) After the game

Bears had a great seaason. Nothing to hang your head about, but I agree the play calling sucked seriously.

Have to give props to Indy. They came and played in Bears weather.

Dallas beat the Colts this year...something the "Monsters" of the Midway failed to do. :D

And we beat the Giants who you lost to! *sigh* So what? Lame, man.....really lame!

Go away before I hurt you!

There ya are! I just PMed you. I feel for ya bro! I have the flu and did all day yesterday. Didn't stop me from joining the chat though. I was wondering how many scotches did you drink:

A) Before the game

:doh: During the game

C) After the game

Bears had a great seaason. Nothing to hang your head about, but I agree the play calling sucked seriously.

Have to give props to Indy. They came and played in Bears weather.

Rec'd PM and replied! TY, Jax! :bash:

I have no idea how many scotches I had! :D Plus a few Hienies! :clap: The Mrs. drove me home and when I got home, I got a very sad email from a very good friend whose hubby is going into hospice! A double whammy for me! :tup:

I had a little "hair of the dog" and I'm much better!

Again......Thanks for the thoughts! :D

Rec'd PM and replied! TY, Jax! :bash:

I have no idea how many scotches I had! :D Plus a few Hienies! :clap: The Mrs. drove me home and when I got home, I got a very sad email from a very good friend whose hubby is going into hospice! A double whammy for me! :tup:

I had a little "hair of the dog" and I'm much better!

Again......Thanks for the thoughts! :D

Life is funny(wrong choice of words probably). We can get all upset over a game and then real life hits. Hang in there bro!

Life is funny(wrong choice of words probably). We can get all upset over a game and then real life hits. Hang in there bro!

Dat be the truth, Bro, Dat be the truth! TY! :D

The Bears had a great season! We lost/were beat, but no reason to hang our heads low.

1) Congrats to the Bears!! :D:clap: You gave us a season to savor and something to build on!

2) QB? I'm not a Grossman fan, but dammit he has some good tools and by games played is still a rookie! I'm not ready to put him in the shredder YET! Forget the WW and forget another rook!

5) The Bears didn't want to play Dallass? :D Stop that! My side is hurting from laughing! What a dumb comment!

6) We need to look at 'O' Line. Same line basically as last year, but didn't play as well. Tait is not playing up to the caliber that he promised to.

7) I really thought that Rivera & Turner were assets. Today I have to question both of them. The 'D' was on the field for a long time, but early in the game they went to that semi-prevent! And the 'O' was poorly coordinated. Both of them should have tried something different (put Hester in at WR, 2 TE sets, etc), but didn't. A big disappointment! Both lines were on their heals all day. What the hell was that all about? Sorry the lines for the Colts are not that great, but did a very good job.

8) WR's have to knock down a pass that they can't catch. In both cases that was possible, but they didn't do it!

1 - Spot on.

2 - Not a fan either, but am willing to be patient for 8 healthy regular season weeks, or until the next injury. then, fish or cut bait.

3 - 100%

4 - 1000%

5 - see above

6 - Got older. Need youth for sure. The window is closing FAST.

7 - Too conservative. As I said before the game, I would have rushed 5 often. I don't think I saw that twice.

8 - They need to watch Tryo Brown game film.

Good year, they took another step forward. Now to avoid the "SuperBowl Loser Syndrome" in 2007.

Good year, they took another step forward. Now to avoid the "SuperBowl Loser Syndrome" in 2007.

The division should be tougher next year as well. They'll have to be better to have anywhere near the same record.

Thanks RR. Everything you said is right on. I needed to put the Bears losing in perspective. I've been in a little depression today. I'm going to take a big sigh and give thanks for the wonderful football season we had this year. We didnt quite make it but we got to the bowl above all the other NFC teams and thats something! It was a year I wont forget. As far as Rex goes... I am putting my trust in Lovie to decide on how to improve our offense...He knows what he is doing. (I am hoping that he throws all the QB's helmets in and make them earn first string.) Now its on to the CUBS!

1 - Spot on.

2 - Not a fan either, but am willing to be patient for 8 healthy regular season weeks, or until the next injury. then, fish or cut bait.

3 - 100%

4 - 1000%

5 - see above

6 - Got older. Need youth for sure. The window is closing FAST.

7 - Too conservative. As I said before the game, I would have rushed 5 often. I don't think I saw that twice.

8 - They need to watch Tryo Brown game film.

#5) I did and noted!

#6) Very good point! :D

The division should be tougher next year as well. They'll have to be better to have anywhere near the same record.

Absotively! I agree my friend!

Thanks RR. Everything you said is right on. I needed to put the Bears losing in perspective. I've been in a little depression today. I'm going to take a big sigh and give thanks for the wonderful football season we had this year. We didnt quite make it but we got to the bowl above all the other NFC teams and thats something! It was a year I wont forget. As far as Rex goes... I am putting my trust in Lovie to decide on how to improve our offense...He knows what he is doing. (I am hoping that he throws all the QB's helmets in and make them earn first string.) Now its on to the CUBS!

TY! :D

Wait this sounds familiar......oh yeah, I used to think the same thing about Boller!

Dallas beat the Colts this year...something the "Monsters" of the Midway failed to do. :D

Oh, give me a break. HOU beat IND without Reggie Bush. What does that mean?

HOU still stinks. DAL is the only reason HOU doesn't fall in the Gulf. :D

The Houson Texans beat the Colts too, does that make them a contender for "best football team in Texas"?

As for the rest that was said, I generally agree with it. There's a lot of Grossman bashing on sports radio here in the SF Bay Area today--Grossman didn't play well (2 INTs, 1 lost fumble), but he played nearly as well as the guy who got to hoist the Lombardi trophy and won the SB MVP (Peyton had 1 INT and 1 fumble, Grossman had a better completion %).

Basically the Bears were one blown pass coverage and one 56 yard INT return from winning SB 41.

Yep, nothing to hang your heads about, they made it to the big dance so congrats on that!

Dallas will be visiting Chicago next season...I'm looking forward to it (I think :D ).

1) Congrats to the Bears!! :clap::tup: You gave us a season to savor and something to build on!

5) The Bears didn't want to play Dallass? :bash: Stop that! My side is hurting from laughing! What a dumb comment!

1. Absolutely. Bear fans should expect some upgrades on the offense :D through the draft and free agent market, hopefully.

2. I'm not so sure he has the right tools. He has some, you're correct. But his decision making and preparation are not very good. I'm not sure Greise is the answer, either. Jeff Garcia and David Carr are interesting options.

3. I agree. Benson still needs some grooming and Jones (when his head's in the game) is solid.

4. Absolutely essential.

5. I don't know who said it, but uh... yeah, whatever.

6. I'm not so sure I agree. That OL is pretty damn solid. They did, however, look "average" at some key points this season. That needs to change.

7. Agree. There needs to be wayyyy more consistency from the coordinators. But in that consistency, why not mix it up a bit (split Jones out with Benson as tailback, Hester in slot, etc.).

8. Answer = young WRs. Moose is a solid vet... he needs to take on the veteran role and get the kids (Davis, Berrian, Bradley) on the same page. I'd love another solid veteran to be brought on board to help with the "teaching" effort. We'll see.

Looking forward to next season. I think the D will be just as good (hopefully cut down on injuries and hugh mistakes) and the offense... well... it can only get better. :D