[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

America's Game

Bill Swerski

So, I've really enjoyed the features on their Top 20 SB champions (although the '85 Bears were definitely better than the '72 Dolphins). I saw that they're going beyond the Top 20 and are featuring the '01 Pats on Thursday. Does anybody know if there's a list of the other teams that they're going to feature (their web site doesn't show it), or are they going to keep it secret like before?

I believe they have an hour program for all 40 Super Bowl Champs, and they will be selling it as deluxe box set.

They took a poll from a "Blue Ribbon Panel" (53 people made up of HoF Coaches/Player, GMs, writers, & TV Analysts). That poll produced the top 20 Super Bowl teams of all time, and that's how they rolled out the series - countdown from 20 to 1.

I guess there are another 20 episodes out there that aren't necessarily ranked, but will be shown on the NFL network with evidently no rhyme or reason (where do they come up with the 2001 Pats as the next episode?).

Edited by charty

I looked into it a little further and it looks like the other 20 episodes will be determined by fan voting. However, it sounds like there could be significant overlap with the episodes already shown.

Thanks for the info about the box set. I'd LOVE to have it, but I'm sure that it'll cost several hundred dollars. NFL Films did a TREMENDOUS job with this. It speaks volumes that a Colts fan actually ENJOYED watching the '04 Pats episode.

So, I've really enjoyed the features on their Top 20 SB champions (although the '85 Bears were definitely better than the '72 Dolphins). I saw that they're going beyond the Top 20 and are featuring the '01 Pats on Thursday. Does anybody know if there's a list of the other teams that they're going to feature (their web site doesn't show it), or are they going to keep it secret like before?

I think several teams(Bears Cowboys, Niners) were better than the 72 Dolphins but it was a good show.

Thanks for the info about the box set. I'd LOVE to have it, but I'm sure that it'll cost several hundred dollars. NFL Films did a TREMENDOUS job with this. It speaks volumes that a Colts fan actually ENJOYED watching the '04 Pats episode.

In case anyone is interested, nflshop.com is selling each episode for $19.99, availability for the few I clicked said 8 - 10 weeks.