[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A little request....

rocknrobn26

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...for my Aunt! She's 2 years younger than my mom, ~84, and frankly they (my mom and her) look close enough alike to be twins. She was diagnosed w/ Alzheimer's several months ago, was in the hosp. for a variety of things and finally went to a nursing home last Monday. She's had severe diarrhea for awhile and they put her back in the hosp (ICU). She is not doing well. :D Inflamed stomach and intestines. She has been given the 'Last Rights', but Savage probably has the newer term for that.

So I'm requesting prayers, good wishes, etc.. There is a positive Karma here that I will not overlook, as it has worked for so many! :bash: She's a great lady! One her sons (1 of 3) is my age and we are real close. Like brothers, we talk weekly, and the pain he feels I feel. I wish my real bro would call once a month.

Any and all good wishes, prayers,etc. will be greatly appreciated!

TIA! :D

I will definitely remember her when my son and I pray tonight. And just as an FYI, the term for that particular sacrament is simply "Anointing of the Sick" which had previously been known by either Extreme Unction or Last Rites. I'll remember to pray for you and the rest of your family as well so that you can all find some peace throughout what has to eb a really tough time.

sorry to hear it, robn. alzheimer's sucks, my grandmother (only 71) was recently diasgnosed with the early

Positive vibes to you and yours as well, Azz.

Alzheimer's is one disease that scares the living piss out of me.

A little update:

I talked to my cuz twice today. He said they wanted to do a colostomy, and he said NO! He also said she probably would not survive the operation, as per the Docs. words. He signed the DNR. :bash:

As I said she had "The anointing of the sick" (thanks Savage). And that's a good thing I have to add that another sister, who REALLY is a sister (Sr. Annette) is watching over her.

Side bar:

SR. Annette is a fireball! ~88yo and the youngest of you would be hard pressed to keep up w/ her. Yup, she's the Nun that stayed w/ us for 2 days after Christmas. She's had her health problems, but when she's feeling good she's like a windmill in a tornado! :D God I love her also!

My mom had 8 brothers and sisters (9 actually, but one died shortly after birth). 5 are still alive. Pretty amazing I think, but I digress.

I can't say how much I appreciate your prayers and good wishes. I just pray and hope for the best. She is suffering now and....well....never mind! :clap: Mrs. RR extends her appreciation also! She has been a believer in this website for awhile now.

Again.....Thanks! :D