[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cookies Question

spain

In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

Click the Privacy tab, and then move the slider to the level of privacy you prefer.

Select medium, and I believe that will engage accepting cookies.

Switch to Firefox! It works better, your more secure, and it takes less RAM. :bash:

In the last 8 months, I have yet to find a site that won't work w/ Firefox, except the MS Update site! :D:D

It is still not working. I cant get into restricted forums even with the password.

Switch to Firefox dammit! :D Or give me a call, tomorrow! I fix you up! But:

I am gonna slap you sooo hard upside yo hade come the 4th of Joo-ly, you will end up lovin' Lincoln and will vote for Hillary!! :D

I am gonna slap you sooo hard upside yo hade come the 4th of Joo-ly, you will end up lovin' Lincoln and will vote for Hillary!! :D

You better grow a HUGH slapper to get me to ever say a good thing about those 2 traitors!

Switch to Firefox dammit! :D Or give me a call, tomorrow! I fix you up! But:

you are such a conformist, realnerds use dillo and seamonkey

you are such a conformist, realnerds use dillo and seamonkey

Unix stuff. I know you're a big Linux user. Sorry but I'm a Gates slave! If Linux is workin' for you great! :D BTW....how does Acad run in that?

In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

Click the Privacy tab, and then move the slider to the level of privacy you prefer.

Select medium, and I believe that will engage accepting cookies.

Switch to Firefox! It works better, your more secure, and it takes less RAM. :bash:

In the last 8 months, I have yet to find a site that won't work w/ Firefox, except the MS Update site! :D:D

FYI...I use IE Tab and it works with the MS Updates. I had to add update.microsoft.com to the IE Tab options so that it is always rendered with the IE engine.

Spain, you could do as RR suggested above, but on the Privacy tab, click the "Site" button. Type in thehuddle.com (as an example) in "Address of Web site" and then click the Allow button.

FYI...I use IE Tab and it works with the MS Updates. I had to add update.microsoft.com to the IE Tab options so that it is always rendered with the IE engine.

Spain, you could do as RR suggested above, but on the Privacy tab, click the "Site" button. Type in thehuddle.com (as an example) in "Address of Web site" and then click the Allow button.

I tried that (IE Tab) and had some problems, so I gave it the deep 6. I might try it again, but I have a feeling it didn't like one of my add-ons.

From Today's Chi Trib:

A. I can show you how to accept all cookies, but I'd also advise you only to do this when you're trying to deal with that one company. Cookies are small files that contain specific information about the computer user and/or specific instructions about what a Web page is supposed to do when it is called up.

Cookies are so integral to how the Web works that they cannot be sidestepped, yet they can be dangerous if planted by somebody with ulterior motives. Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 comes with a tool that is set by default to guard against potentially dangerous cookies but to allow ones that can be established as benign. You need to ratchet that setting down to the basement setting when dealing with Company X, then go back and restore more rational protection afterward.

Click on Tools in Internet Explorer and then select Internet Options, and in the next menu pick the tab marked Privacy. This brings a slider control to move between highest and lowest security, and you should drag it all the way to the bottom, where an Accept All Cookies option is set.

If you want to continue doing business with this company, you can set the computer to accept all cookies from it while retaining other protections at the medium and high levels on the slider. Click on the Sites button on the Privacy tab, and you will get a box that lets you type in a Web site's address and specify that it can scatter cookies on your hard drive.

Pretty much what Gunther and I said.

It is still not working. I cant get into restricted forums even with the password.

I've seen this with some customers I help support. In those cases, they had a 3rd party "security software" installed that was messing with cookies and session ids.

I've seen this with some customers I help support. In those cases, they had a 3rd party "security software" installed that was messing with cookies and session ids.

Excellent point! :D

I still get into any of the restricted forums.