[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

schotty fired

jjpro11

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's true. Worst move evah.

Yup. There must of been deep rooted problems with the organization....didn't he just sign an extension. As much as I've criticized Marty in the past, I really thought he stopped being too conservative in the last half of the season.

How in the world does this help the Charger's chances next year?

Yup. There must of been deep rooted problems with the organization....didn't he just sign an extension. As much as I've criticized Marty in the past, I really thought he stopped being too conservative in the last half of the season.

How in the world does this help the Charger's chances next year?

Marty is good for double digit regular season wins ... and 0 playoff wins. So what exactly is SD missing out on? One and done in the playoffs?

There must of been deep rooted problems with the organization

DING DING DING!!

The G.M., A.J. Smith, and Schottenhiemer have been at each other's throats for years now. They completely hate each other. Each has been trying to muscle the other out of the way. Now, losing both coordinators, it seems like Marty has lost his juice and therefore Smith has been given the go-ahead to hire his own man. Smith wins, Schotty loses. The question is, what does he do? Next year's coaching carousel is going to be completely crazy . . .

Peace

policy

Only if he doesn't want to coach anymore. Remember, Wade Philips just got a job.

I think schotty's age and stigma ( losing too many playoff games when he should have won them ) work against him a great deal ..more than a guy like philips ..guess we will see

SAN DIEGO -- Chargers coach Marty Schottenheimer was fired

Monday night in a shocking move by team president Dean Spanos, who

cited a "dysfunctional situation" between the coach and general

manager A.J. Smith.

Less than a month after San Diego's NFL-best 14-2 season was

wrecked in a playoff loss to New England, Spanos cited the exodus

of both coordinators and other assistants in firing Schottenheimer,

who had a year left on his contact.

"The process of dealing with these coaching changes convinced

me that we simply could not move forward with such dysfunction

between our head coach and general manager," Spanos said in a

statement. "In short, this entire process over the last month

convinced me beyond any doubt that I had to act to change this

untenable situation."

I think schotty's age and stigma ( losing too many playoff games when he should have won them ) work against him a great deal ..more than a guy like philips ..guess we will see

Not to mention all the unproven young coaches and inexperienced guys that got hired this year, then there is a successful regular season coach who just had a 14-2 record. San Diego turned it over 4 times in their playoff game, I find that hard to blame on Marty.

oh.. my bad.. i agree though.. why wait this long? maybe they are set on rivera.

Yeah was commenting on the Chargers. Has to be the dumbest mistake yet in the offseason. Let your coaching staff go to Sega! and then fire the reason. Looks like the Broncos are on the right track without even doing anything.