[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

schotty fired

jjpro11

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D:D:bash::clap::tup::doh:

I don't understand doing this after so many good coaches have already left the Bolts.

A.J. and Dean must have someone in mind as his replacement to warrant this kind of move so late in the coaching selection process. :huh:

:D:D:bash::clap::tup::doh:

I don't understand doing this after so many good coaches have already left the Bolts.

A.J. and Dean must have someone in mind as his replacement to warrant this kind of move so late in the coaching selection process. :huh:

You can have Ron Turner if you want. We'll take that running back dude, wossisname....LT something or other.

Look at it from Marty's perspective. You've lost all of your important coaching staff. You don't get along with your boss. You have a year left in your contract and it's likely it won't be renewed. And your approaching the age where you probably like to do more things unrelated to football. What more can you really ask for (aside from NFL playoff related things)?

Someone mentioned the Pete Carrol rumors getting started soon. I could see those rumors flying.

Who do you all think the the chargers would go after. Good core of players with a lot of talent. A team coming off of a good season (although disappointing in playoffs). Can they get a coach that may be able to take them to the next level. There isn't too much out there to go for with all the hirings that have happened so far already.

Do they attempt to get Cowher?

Edited by max

i don't see any way they could get him to go all the way to the other side of the country after he cited family time as a reason for leaving Pitt.

I don't think that his departure from Pittsburgh was all for family time. I think it played a part in it for sure but there were also rumors locally that he and Art Rooney II were not on the best terms.

If the price is right I could see him consider it at the very least.

i don't see any way they could get him to go all the way to the other side of the country after he cited family time as a reason for leaving Pitt.

It wouldn't be totally suprising if Cowher's family became suddenly supportive of him getting back into the game. Spending the fall/winters in San Diego is a bit of an improvement compared to the Burgh.

If the price is right I could see him consider it at the very least.

and this is probably the problem, the Chargers are not exactly known as big spenders(that's not to say they're known as being cheap either), the amount of money it would take to lure Cowher out of "retirement" in addition to the money and/or picks they would have to give to Steelers as compensation would be too much