[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Blue Oyster Cult

jaxfactor

Feb. 13th BOC just re-released the Spectres CD, which was previously out of print. I had a shoebox that I kept a few CDs in in the back room(my veg room, jam room, etc). I had a large box of stuff that was to be

thrown away or brought to the Salvation Army. I inadvertantly laid the shoe box on top of the large box and my other half got rid of both. :D I had quite a few bootlegs that I thought were irreplaceable and a few old school CDs that I had been listening to, Spectres was among them. Imagine my surprise when I went to the back room only to find that the shoebox was gone along with the Salv. Army stuff. :D

Well, I have replaced every CD except for the BOC one because I couyldn't find it anywhere without paying an arm and a leg for it. Already bought a copy of Spectres on eBay.

To my surprise, BOC has also rereleased their 1978 live CD titled Some Enchanted Evening. I forst saw BOC in concert during that tour and was very disappointed that the LP was only a single, not a double. Fear not, fellow BOC fans, the rerelease is now a double. On top of that, a DVD is also included with rare live tracks such as "Golden Age Of Leather" and "Summer Of Love"! I'm stoked ! Also bought a copy of that on eBay and can't wait for them to arrive. I remember being at that 1978 show and hearing Astronomy with all the laser lights and stars going round and round. I had a blast and hope to relive a little of that with my latest purchase.

My other half is happy now too. She won't have to hear me whine about losing my favorite BOC CD. She felt pretty bad about it but I told her it was my fault for leaving them on the S.A. box. Anyone else here a BOC fan? Loaf?

Here's one for ya

"I have this feeling

my luck is none too good

This sword here at my side

don't act the way it should

Keeps calling me its master

but i feel like its slave

Hauling me faster and faster

to any early early grave

AND IT HOWLS! IT HOWLS LIKE HELL"

Feb. 13th BOC just re-released the Spectres CD, which was previously out of print. I had a shoebox that I kept a few CDs in in the back room(my veg room, jam room, etc). I had a large box of stuff that was to be

thrown away or brought to the Salvation Army. I inadvertantly laid the shoe box on top of the large box and my other half got rid of both. :D I had quite a few bootlegs that I thought were irreplaceable and a few old school CDs that I had been listening to, Spectres was among them. Imagine my surprise when I went to the back room only to find that the shoebox was gone along with the Salv. Army stuff. :D

Well, I have replaced every CD except for the BOC one because I couyldn't find it anywhere without paying an arm and a leg for it. Already bought a copy of Spectres on eBay.

To my surprise, BOC has also rereleased their 1978 live CD titled Some Enchanted Evening. I forst saw BOC in concert during that tour and was very disappointed that the LP was only a single, not a double. Fear not, fellow BOC fans, the rerelease is now a double. On top of that, a DVD is also included with rare live tracks such as "Golden Age Of Leather" and "Summer Of Love"! I'm stoked ! Also bought a copy of that on eBay and can't wait for them to arrive. I remember being at that 1978 show and hearing Astronomy with all the laser lights and stars going round and round. I had a blast and hope to relive a little of that with my latest purchase.

My other half is happy now too. She won't have to hear me whine about losing my favorite BOC CD. She felt pretty bad about it but I told her it was my fault for leaving them on the S.A. box. Anyone else here a BOC fan? Loaf?

I got the first round of reissues, consisting of BOC, Tyranny & Mvtation, Secret Treaties, & Agents, so I'll have to pick up Spectres. Next, we need Mirrors & Cultasaurus in pristine remastered form, the previous nice price editions sound like crap.

Oh Yeah!

"He picks up a bus and he throws it back down,

as he wades through the buildings toward the center of tow-eee-Own!"

Edited by Bonehand

I got the first round of reissues, consisting of BOC, Tyranny & Mvtation, Secret Treaties, & Agents, so I'll have to pick up Spectres. Next, we need Mirrors & Cultasaurus in pristine remastered form, the previous nice price editions sound like crap.

Oh Yeah!

"He picks up a bus and he throws it back down,

as he wades through the buildings toward the center of tow-eee-Own!"

I have an unopened(still in shrink wrap) MFSL CD of the first 2 albums, BOC and Tyranny and Mutation. Anyone interested?

And one more... going way back

"Blackened out eyes

scratched on the wall

Stoned-out looks from the crowd.....

You caught me in its spell

trying to leave but you know darn well

the heat from below can BURN YOUR EYES OUT"

Hell yeah! I just saw them in concert a couple of months back and they still rock. My wife really didn't know much about them until thne, now she's a fan. Oh, and I killed my copy of Spectres. It was on 8-track, the first one of those I bought and only my second album (behind Kiss Alive II on vinyl).

All our times have come

Here but now they're gone

Seasons don't fear the reaper

Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain..we can be like they are

Come on baby...don't fear the reaper

Baby take my hand...don't fear the reaper

We'll be able to fly...don't fear the reaper

Baby I'm your man...

Valentine is done

Romeo and Juliet

Are together in eternity...Romeo and Juliet

40,000 men and women everyday...Like Romeo and Juliet

40,000 men and women everyday...Redefine happiness

Another 40,000 coming everyday...We can be like they are

Baby I'm your man...

Love of two is one

Came the last night of sadness

And it was clear she couldn't go on

Then the door was open and the wind appeared

The candles blew then disappeared

The curtains flew then he appeared...saying don't be afraid

Come on baby...and she had no fear

And she ran to him...then they started to fly

They looked backward and said goodby...she had become like they are

She had taken his hand...she had become like they are

All our times have come

Seasons don't fear the reaper

Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain..we can be like they are

Baby I'm your man...

Valentine is done

Romeo and Juliet

Are together in eternity...Romeo and Juliet

40,000 men and women everyday...Like Romeo and Juliet

40,000 men and women everyday...Redefine happiness

Another 40,000 coming everyday...We can be like they are

Baby I'm your man...

Love of two is one

Came the last night of sadness

And it was clear she couldn't go on

Then the door was open and the wind appeared

The candles blew then disappeared

The curtains flew then he appeared...saying don't be afraid

Come on baby...and she had no fear

And she ran to him...then they started to fly

They looked backward and said goodby...she had become like they are

She had taken his hand...she had become like they are

And Stephen King actually uses that last verse in the beginning of the book THE STAND. Is that cool or what?