[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ginn not running?

Bronco Billy

From GBN:

February 19

(12:01 AM) Combine no-run for top junior WR… Ohio State junior WR Ted Ginn will be in Indianapolis for this week’s NFL Scouting Combine but won’t be doing much on the field as his sprained left foot is not ready to be tested yet. Ginn, who figures to be one of the top 2-3 WRs selected this coming April, sprained the foot after returning the opening kickoff for a TD in last month’s BCS National Championship game. Ginn hopes to be ready for Ohio State's pro day workouts in Columbus on March 10, but if he's not by then will schedule a later workout for pro scouts. The combine starts Wednesday and runs through next Monday.

Holy crap! This guy was hurt a month and a half ago with a sprain & he's not ready to run at the combine yet?

What's the story? Is he really this slow of a healer (real bad sign, IMO) or is he worried about hurting his draft position because he'll clock out slower than expected?

His whole game is built on speed, and if his clocked time doesn't jive with being one of the fastest, if not the fastest, WR on the board he'll drop like a rock in the draft. The injury may already knock him down a bit - teams seem to over-react to injuries in the draft.

If Ginn can do nothing but hurt his chances by turning in a slower than expected time, than why would he hurt his chances? If he thinks that he'd have a better chance not to disappoint on March 10th in a pro day workout in Columbus then why not do that?

Because being hurt enough not to run hurts his stock also. He's between a rock & a hard place here. A player ought to be able to turn a 40 a month a a half after a sprained foot injury.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Everytime I see a mock draft with Ginn going to the 49ers I cringe.

i agree...im not a 9ers fan...but....i see alot of mocks that have ginn or even jarrett going there....and i think that adding playmakers like that would be nice for their offense and could benefit them greatly...but i dunno if nolan could pass on adding talent to that defense...especially a guy like laron landry or reggie nelson...walt harris was good last year...shawntae spencer wasnt too bad...a little inconsistent...their safety play didnt kill them...but they could use an injection of talent at the safety position

i dont think there is any big concern about ginn not running at the combine if hes gonna run about a month from now at his pro day

• 3 weeks later...

From GBN this morning:

(10:00 AM): Ginn to pass on pro day workout… Star junior Ohio State WR Ted Ginn, who is considered a top 10-15 prospect for the 2007 draft, will not participate in the Buckeyes’ on-campus workout later today. Ginn reportedly hasn’t fully rehabilitated the mid-foot sprain he suffered in the national championship loss to Florida. According to his father, Ginn has just started jogging again, but isn’t yet ready to run hard. While Ginn won’t be on the field today.

Could this guy hurt himself anymore in the draft?

I've got the 1.09 & 1.13 pick in our upcoming dynasty draft, and you can be damn sure Ginn won't get a sniff of being on my roster.

From GBN this morning:

(10:00 AM): Ginn to pass on pro day workout… Star junior Ohio State WR Ted Ginn, who is considered a top 10-15 prospect for the 2007 draft, will not participate in the Buckeyes’ on-campus workout later today. Ginn reportedly hasn’t fully rehabilitated the mid-foot sprain he suffered in the national championship loss to Florida. According to his father, Ginn has just started jogging again, but isn’t yet ready to run hard. While Ginn won’t be on the field today.

I've got the 1.09 & 1.13 pick in our upcoming dynasty draft, and you can be damn sure Ginn won't get a sniff of being on my roster.

Wow! I bet he just plummeted on a number of NFL team boards as well.

From GBN this morning:

Wasn't the pro day lasst Saturday or something? So he didn't run there? Or did I hear wrong and its today?

Wasn't the pro day lasst Saturday or something? So he didn't run there? Or did I hear wrong and its today?

Yeah, it was the 10th. Here's the latest from GBN:

With Ted Ginn still sidelined by a foot injury, the focus at Ohio State’s on-campus workout Saturday shifted to QB Troy Smith. And the Heisman Trophy winning QB had what is being reported as a solid workout although how much it will help his overall draft grade remains to be seen.

Wasn't high on him to begin with and now nobody has a 40 time on him? That can't be good for a guy who's reliant on his speed. He'll have to (for his sake) run at some point in the next month, no?