[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heroes

The Irish Doggy

I finally watched this week's episode. I freaking love this show!

So, Isaac says that he can't stop fate and he is going to die but that he "will show" the key to defeating Sylar and the bomb.

Then Sylar starts painting away with his new found talents after Isaac's death.

Anyone else think that Sylar is painting FAKE clues to throw Hiro and company off in how to defeat him and the bomb, and that's what Hiro and Ando are going to find next week - the FAKE clues? :D

i was under the impression that the clues to defeating sylar were part of the final issue of the comic book isaac sent with that messenger. once it gets published, there will be so many copies, there's no way sylar could destroy them all.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was under the impression that the clues to defeating sylar were part of the final issue of the comic book isaac sent with that messenger. once it gets published, there will be so many copies, there's no way sylar could destroy them all.

DUH! :D:tup::doh:

Good call. I completely forgot about that.

:D

Clues may be in the comic book and/or the sketch book... If its the sketch book, it becomes a prized item to be fought over.

ok, so whoever it was that mentioned future hiro telling peter he didn't recognize him without the scar -- could there be an alternate timeline where peter never met claire and never got her healing power? maybe the timeline we're watching is the one future hiro put together, to stop the bomb.

OOOOH! OOOOH! :D

Yes! Because the Hiro that made the scar comment to Peter had not yet told him to go save the cheerleader. By doing that, he created a new branch... one where Peter did not have a scar because he went to go meet Claire.

OOOOH! OOOOH! :D

Yes! Because the Hiro that made the scar comment to Peter had not yet told him to go save the cheerleader. By doing that, he created a new branch... one where Peter did not have a scar because he went to go meet Claire.

I made that original comment, and I like this theory!!!

on another note, did anyone slo-mo the previews for next weeks "future episode" like I did. What was strange was that in one of the scenes, they showed a hugh outdoor tv screen like you might see in Times Square, but the picture was of Sylar, and the bottom caption said, "America Remembers", like he was being grieved.......

What could Sylar do to be grieved by the American population??? :D:tup:

4/30 show was awesome. I don't think there is a better show on t.v. I just wish there weren't so many commercials because it plays like a movie. Can't wait for next week when Hiro is back from the future.

4/30 show was awesome. I don't think there is a better show on t.v. I just wish there weren't so many commercials because it plays like a movie. Can't wait for next week when Hiro is back from the future.

I thought it wasn't that good. About 37 minutes (minus commercials) of the future that will try to be changed. It seemed like fluff and filler to me. They had 4 weeks left to fill and 3 weeks of story, so they did this.

The show is good, I just don't think it is half as good as it could be.

And BTW, Peter fully using his powers was pretty kick-ass. Thought the whole fire and ice battle was a bit cliche.

:D I thought it was kick-ass. I was pissed off that they weren't showing the fight, but I guess I understand that it was not time yet.

There is at least one moment in every show where I think to myself "Damn. This show is really well done!" I can't remember a better show on television from a writing or production standpoint.

Even when I was a huge fan of X-Files, I knew that it was a pretty cheesy TV show. This one has much higher production values.

Last night I got to thinking... "Which character is going to leave the show for a movie career first and ruin it for the fans". As it stands, I think Peter is the only indispensable character. So, I guess it would be him. Other than having him leave, I think only really poor story arcs could kill the show, but I don't see any sign of that happening.

And BTW, Peter fully using his powers was pretty kick-ass. Thought the whole fire and ice battle was a bit cliche.

It was Matrix-esqe. Peter was even dressed a bit like Neo with the long black trench coat buttoned up to the top.

Still loving it, but I just can't figure out where it goes for a second season. Just add more characters, or go back and forth in time with Hiro? Just can't see how the same story can arc over for long....

A little help please. I DVR everything now so I don't have to watch commercials. But NBC, as it has a tendency to do, ran the show a few minutes long. So here's where I am.

Hindo (or whatever Hiro's friends name is) turns to him as he's saying he can't go back to the past and says he can, he's seen what kind of man he's become......

Recording ends!

Can someone fill me in on the last few seconds I missed?

A little help please. I DVR everything now so I don't have to watch commercials. But NBC, as it has a tendency to do, ran the show a few minutes long. So here's where I am.

Hindo (or whatever Hiro's friends name is) turns to him as he's saying he can't go back to the past and says he can, he's seen what kind of man he's become......

Recording ends!

Can someone fill me in on the last few seconds I missed?

You almost got there. Next scene shows Hiro and Hindo standing on the roof top in present day.

Heroes-- end of season one.. the good guys appear to win

by end of season two, it looks bleak and the "bad guys" appear to have the upper hand, but there will be switching of sides, ala X-Men

season three and beyond, good starts to triumph, eventually winning out over evil.

I just watched the last episode, I thought it was great!

i really liked last night's episode, although i agree that it didn't seem to have much to do with the current plot, assuming that hiro is successful in stopping the bomb. what bugged me, though, was the time-travel stuff. i hate time-travel because there's no way to get it right, and it can be a lazy plot device. so according to last night's episode, future hiro at one point jumped to the past, stabbed sylar, but sylar regenerated because he already had killed claire and got her power. so future hiro figured he had to go back even further and warn peter to save the cheerleader (although why he couldn't just say, "save claire bennett of odessa, texas," i don't know). then present-day hiro jumps to the future, where claire is alive, but sylar is, too. so what happened? if this is some alternate timeline, then what bearing does it have on the current plot (besides explaining why claire had to be saved)? and if hiro can jump to alternate timelines, how do we know he jumped back to the correct present-day timeline? and if there are all these alternate timelines, why should we care about this one in particular? and if future hiro dies in that one alternate timeline, is he alive in all the others?

i can't believe i just wrote all that.

i really liked last night's episode, although i agree that it didn't seem to have much to do with the current plot, assuming that hiro is successful in stopping the bomb. what bugged me, though, was the time-travel stuff. i hate time-travel because there's no way to get it right, and it can be a lazy plot device. so according to last night's episode, future hiro at one point jumped to the past, stabbed sylar, but sylar regenerated because he already had killed claire and got her power. so future hiro figured he had to go back even further and warn peter to save the cheerleader (although why he couldn't just say, "save claire bennett of odessa, texas," i don't know). then present-day hiro jumps to the future, where claire is alive, but sylar is, too. so what happened? if this is some alternate timeline, then what bearing does it have on the current plot (besides explaining why claire had to be saved)? and if hiro can jump to alternate timelines, how do we know he jumped back to the correct present-day timeline? and if there are all these alternate timelines, why should we care about this one in particular? and if future hiro dies in that one alternate timeline, is he alive in all the others?

I can't believe I just read it. :D

:D

I explained this exact theory to someone at work today and she was like :D .

The whole time travel threw me off a little because I started reading too much into it.

Edited by twiley

Let's not forget the paradox of being in the same time with another version of yourself. How exactly would that be possible? And having conversation/contact with yourself ... yeah right.

I hate when sci-fi shows do the time travel thing. I would have preferred that his power be limited to teleportation and freezing time.