[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heroes

The Irish Doggy

Yeah, I'm a little confused on Mrs. Pitrelli. I thought she was one of the good guys, but she seems to be in on and approve of Linderman's plans for Nathan? :D

The explosion in NY is still a mystery to me as well. Accident involving Peter vs. intentional act by Sylar and/or the Linderman Group. Perhaps they are all true depending on the "timeline"?

Side note: I guess Micah was brought to NY to rig the election machines in favor of Nathan (behind in the poles).

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sylar's real name is Gabriel, and he brings destruction to the city??? :D While I love this show, that's a little bit of a stretch to reference him to Gabriel the Archangel..... :D

I thought about that as well. We think of Gabriel as God's good-guy messenger, but isn't he also the angel that announces judgment day? Maybe that's a stretch...

I thought about that as well. We think of Gabriel as God's good-guy messenger, but isn't he also the angel that announces judgment day? Maybe that's a stretch...

Yes, Gabriel is the also known as the Archangel and is the one that brings judgement day to the world. It's definitely a stretch on the writers part on that one.

What I really don't understand is why Linderman and his group want to blow up NY City. Then, supposedly Petrelli's mother is in with Linderman, but she's also trying to protect Claire at the same time from the company. :D

It is a move designed to open the world's eyes to the danger they are facing while also putting her son in a position of supreme power - President of the United States while under martial law.

It is a move designed to open the world's eyes to the danger they are facing while also putting her son in a position of supreme power - President of the United States while under martial law.

So, my question is..........what is the danger that they are opening the world's eyes to??? These new people with special powers??? I know some of them (like Sylar) are dangerous, but there are others that are good who will fight him......

Edited by Big Dogs

So, my question is..........what is the danger that they are opening the world's eyes to??? These new people with special powers??? I know some of them (like Sylar) are dangerous, but there are others that are good who will fight him......

According to the future episode Nathan will try to kill everyone with a power.

Probably something along the lines of the danger of complancey against evil.

Sylar's real name (Gabriel) was mentioned when they first introduced him. He stole the name Sylar from a guy who wanted his watch fixed if I remember correctly.

I think you're right on his name from the first episode, but the Sylar name was a name that was listed on the actual watch he was working on at the time.

According to the future episode Nathan will try to kill everyone with a power.

That future episode Nathan was actually Sylar. He gained a power to transform his image and hid his true identity as Nathan after he killed Nathan.

Probably something along the lines of the danger of complancey against evil.

Hhmmmm, sounds like something Bush and Chaney came up with. :D:D

I can't believe I said that as I'm a republican!! :tup:

I think you're right on his name from the first episode, but the Sylar name was a name that was listed on the actual watch he was working on at the time.

You're right it was a watch.

That future episode Nathan was actually Sylar. He gained a power to transform his image and hid his true identity as Nathan after he killed Nathan.

That's right. They never showed how he killed Nathan.

What I really don't understand is why Linderman and his group want to blow up NY City.

You're kidding right? :D

A national tragedy and fear of an unknown enemy allow governments to do anything they want with as much money as they want with zero oversight.

Surely this incredibly subtle allegory isn't lost on anyone...

You're kidding right? :D

A national tragedy and fear of an unknown enemy allow governments to do anything they want with as much money as they want with zero oversight.

Surely this incredibly subtle allegory isn't lost on anyone...

Ok, ok, I agree with you and see the point. But, there's other ways to create fear and uncertainty in the mob known as the American public. Just going public with the "enemy mutants" should be enough to create chaos and disorder.......

I mean, look at what happened in X-Men..... :D

And it looked like he was hunting through the mutants to find the cheerleader.

my other question is how is Hiro supposed to now kill Sylar (based on Issac's comic strip) if his sword is broken??? :D

:D

My wife and I have the feeling that they will build and build to the final event, then make us wait until next season to see what happens. I'll be very upset if that happens as they've been pimping this for quite a while now.

i thought it was interesting that the shape shifter doesn't really shift shapes, she merely makes people see what she wants them to see. so she can "transform" rooms, too.

also, when did sylar get that freezing power? i know he had it in "the future" episode, but i don't remember him killing anyone to get it.

also, when did sylar get that freezing power? i know he had it in "the future" episode, but i don't remember him killing anyone to get it.

Had to look that one up. Sylar on Wikipedia

In "Don't Look Back", Agent Hanson investigated a double homicide where a married couple with a child were murdered. The woman was pinned horizontally to the staircase and the male, James Walker, was frozen solid in mid-pose with his brain removed. Telepathic police officer Matt Parkman found their unharmed daughter, Molly, hiding in the house, and learned the name "Sylar" from Hanson. The two began working together to catch their suspect.

I guess we're supposed to believe he acquired the frosty power from the list while he was on the serial killer kick.

In "Don't Look Back", Agent Hanson investigated a double homicide where a married couple with a child were murdered. The woman was pinned horizontally to the staircase and the male, James Walker, was frozen solid in mid-pose with his brain removed. Telepathic police officer Matt Parkman found their unharmed daughter, Molly, hiding in the house, and learned the name "Sylar" from Hanson. The two began working together to catch their suspect.

Had to look that one up. Sylar on Wikipedia

I guess we're supposed to believe he acquired the frosty power from the list while he was on the serial killer kick.

i remember that episode, but it was the second or third one, so i don't remember all the details. i don't recall the father being "frozen" as in "ice-cold," though. i thought it was "frozen" as in "statue-like." regardless, the freeze power could just be explained away as sylar killing someone with that power in a scene we never saw, but i was just wondering if it had happened on screen at all.