[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Raiders release Aaron Brooks

DMD

Didn't want to pick up the $5 million option on his contract. Go figure.

knock knock

who's there?

JaMarcus

Jamarcus who?

Jamarcus I'm not Brooks Russell

Don't count your chickens DMD. Anything is possible but Davis is highly adverse to drafting QBs high, esp THAT high.

Don't count your chickens DMD. Anything is possible but Davis is highly adverse to drafting QBs high, esp THAT high.

With Al Davis I would not count out anything. But there's really nothing out there on free agency much better than Brooks and the team needs a strong quarterback. This is one time I think Al bites the bullet and grabs an early QB. The Raiders are in a complete rebuild/overhaul. This is the perfect time to take the plunge and show the season ticket holders that the team is going to turn around (theoretically anyway).

With Al Davis I would not count out anything. But there's really nothing out there on free agency much better than Brooks and the team needs a strong quarterback. This is one time I think Al bites the bullet and grabs an early QB. The Raiders are in a complete rebuild/overhaul. This is the perfect time to take the plunge and show the season ticket holders that the team is going to turn around (theoretically anyway).

Yeah, plus it would sell tickets. Maybe...

I'd sign Damon Huard, but that's me. :D

Great news...this will increase the likelihood that Russell will be the pick.

If the Raiders trade for Carr or Schuab (as has been rumoured lately) and Moss is dealt, Calvin will be the more likely pick though.

This would actually help the Raiders. Send Moss to Atl. where he can't do any harm as long as Vick is the QB, draft some o-linemen that can actually block (especially a left tackle) and they may improve rather quickly!

Great news...this will increase the likelihood that Russell will be the pick.

If the Raiders trade for Carr or Schuab (as has been rumoured lately) and Moss is dealt, Calvin will be the more likely pick though.

+1 :D

Seems like a logical time for Atlanta to sell, and for the Raiders to yet again overpay.

He is a possibility as well...another backup QB from KC worked out pretty well for the Raiders when Gruden was coach...Gannon

I'm also not sold that Russell is all that. I think that a QB with more experience than the head coach would be the best bet for a team that has holes all over the offense. Trading the pick for a couple players/picks could do wonders. :D

Jake Plummer is available via trade.. There's a proven winner! :D