[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The end of The Tonight Show

Grits and Shins

:shakeshead: Conan funny, wow you've got to be kidding me :D

Well... by this point you've got to know that your opinions aren't always in the majority. He's got good ratings for his time slot, and the network obviously thinks he's ready.

Johnny did indeed totally remove himself from the lime light, however as I recall he died several years ago.

Yeah... I meant before he died. I know what he's been up to since then. :D

Johnny Carson was the best.

Leno was okay, but clearly no Johnny Carson. At least Leno is watchable.

Leno is retiring and Conan is taking over. Conan is horrible. Guess my channel will be on Letterman now.

conan is way better than jay so i will have to tune back in

It is possible that the prepared material for Conan's show is funnier than Leno's ... but Conan couldn't pull of a joke if his life depended on it. He is so not funny and kills material that might have been funny.

He's a pro-choice homo parent in favor of outlawing aluminum bats.

If you like Letteman you should check out Carson Daly. You can see Daly gets some subtle influences from Dave. He doesn't have the wit and talent but some of the same mannerisms from time to time.

I would imagine Daly slides into Conan's time slot when Conan gets Jay's spot.

Leno has a habit of slamming his guest with little quips and takes some real cheap shots during his monologes, which I don't care for. But he panders to the mainstream and it pays off with ratings. Conan is very witty and incredibly smart. His intellengence doesn't come through in his style show but it will when he probably tones it down for the 11:34:30 time slot.

I have to watch Leno, Conan, and Carson but I do catch Dave when I am on vacation and he still makes me laugh. His "will it float" bits are silly but he is a much better interviewer, especially if the guest sucks, he can rescue them, Jay lets them die.

Leno craves the level Johnny had in terms of popularity and it shows pathetically at times. Like when there are animal guests and he painfully tries to capture the flare Carson had with them and their trainers.

The only time I really enjoy Leno is when he isn't being Leno. When he is getting interviewed or having a serious discusion. I also admire his work ethic and the fact he has never spent a Tonight Show dime. He lives off his standup money and coporate gigs.

On a personal level Conan is the best, then Dave and Jay has his moments. Kimmel, Daly and even Ferguson are all about the same but I rarely can watch them.

Hope this makes sense, I am quite hammered.