[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Name suggestions for a psychological practice...

I Like Soup

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, as a forensic psychologist in private practice, I could take offense to some of the names you all have offered. Some of those names could be interpreted in a negative manner.

What does forensic psychologist do ?

A forensic psychologist is a psychologist who works in the field of psychology in such a way that it interfaces with the legal system. This could take a number of forms. For example, I work with attorneys and the courts in assessing a defendant's competence to proceed, mental state at the time of the offense, and developing mitigation. I also conduct parental capacity evals and child custody evals. My work encompasses working with juveniles (in my work, they're not called kids) and adults.

Others may work in the area of personal injury, adult guardianship, Baker act hearings, mediation, etc.

What's nice about the work is that you meet a variety of interesting individuals and insurance companies do not reimburse for this service. I don't deal with insurance companies.

You know, as a forensic psychologist in private practice, I could take offense to some of the names you all have offered. Some of those names could be interpreted in a negative manner.

A forensic psychologist is a psychologist who works in the field of psychology in such a way that it interfaces with the legal system. This could take a number of forms. For example, I work with attorneys and the courts in assessing a defendant's competence to proceed, mental state at the time of the offense, and developing mitigation. I also conduct parental capacity evals and child custody evals. My work encompasses working with juveniles (in my work, they're not called kids) and adults.

Others may work in the area of personal injury, adult guardianship, Baker act hearings, mediation, etc.

What's nice about the work is that you meet a variety of interesting individuals and insurance companies do not reimburse for this service. I don't deal with insurance companies.

maybe she could go into private practice with unta and name the firm The Big Green Eggheads

Ranging from silly to serious:

Undercover Mother

Innies & Outies (could be real good if marketed well)

Innate Inmate Traits

Crime/Criminal Schema/Schemata Investigator (CSI)

Mesa (Tabula) Rasa - since you're in Arizona

(Road to) Self-Actualization Services

Human/Humane Potential

Why? Incorporated

People, Protection, and Profiling (PPP)