[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

James Cameron: maker of the movie 'The Titanic'

TheGrunt

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it any less likely than the fantastical and impossible immaculate coneception and a dead person rising from the dead? I am just saying that you must take some unlikely and physically impossible things as FACT in order to be christian. I understand thats where "faith" comes into play. But your "faith" has you believe things that are "not likely" so its pretty hard for you to argue that something ALOT more likely than the impossible tenants of the christian faith, are unlikely.

I am not trying to get this thread locked, just want to point out a logical flaw in Jimmys arguement!

Do you even know what Jimmy is arguing? (I don't think you do.)

Do you even know what Jimmy is arguing? (I don't think you do.)

I believe he was arguing that it is very unlikely that the tomb that was discovered contained the remains of Jesus and his family. My arguement is that it is ALOT more unlikely that Jesus was born of a virgin and then rose from the dead, than his body being entombed there. Christians MUST take some incredibly unlikely things on faith. Not only unlikely, but unprecedented and impossible by any means we know of. So, to argue that its unlikely that a poor man could be buried in a rich mans grave, is sort of disengenuous. No?

I believe he was arguing that it is very unlikely that the tomb that was discovered contained the remains of Jesus and his family. My arguement is that it is ALOT more unlikely that Jesus was born of a virgin and then rose from the dead, than his body being entombed there. Christians MUST take some incredibly unlikely things on faith. Not only unlikely, but unprecedented and impossible by any means we know of. So, to argue that its unlikely that a poor man could be buried in a rich mans grave, is sort of disengenuous. No?

No. He was arguing that even a two-bit archeologist should know that it clearly explains in the Bible as to how Jesus came to be buried in a rich man's tomb.

No. He was arguing that even a two-bit archeologist should know that it clearly explains in the Bible as to how Jesus came to be buried in a rich man's tomb.

Uh, then, nevermind. Please resume with your normally scheduled programming... :D

whew..... made it through the night.....I felt this presence behind me....watching.....

strange how you enjoy men behind you

I knew someone was gonna park that softball

Apparently we can't tell who the father of Anna Nicole's baby is, but Cameron can somehow use DNA testing to prove that this is the tomb of Jesus. :D

:D

Is it any less likely than the fantastical and impossible immaculate coneception and a dead person rising from the dead? I am just saying that you must take some unlikely and physically impossible things as FACT in order to be christian. I understand thats where "faith" comes into play. But your "faith" has you believe things that are "not likely" so its pretty hard for you to argue that something ALOT more likely than the impossible tenants of the christian faith, are unlikely.

I am not trying to get this thread locked, just want to point out a logical flaw in Jimmys arguement!

Wiegie has already covered this and is correct. Your point about faith is way off base from my point of view. Faith and logic are merely a dialectical tandem that works for many of us, not mutually exclusive approaches in any way, shape or form.

Apparently we can't tell who the father of Anna Nicole's baby is, but Cameron can somehow use DNA testing to prove that this is the tomb of Jesus. :D

:DNo doubt.

Faith and logic are merely a dialectical tandem that works for many of us, not mutually exclusive approaches in any way, shape or form.[/color]

Dont you have to completely deny logic in order for faith to work? I mean, it is illigocal and impossible to have a virgin birth, and yet, you believe it on faith. It is illogical and impossible for someone to rise from the dead, and yet, you believe it on faith. You never saw either of these things and neither has anyone else. Logically we know for a fact that they are impossible. How can logic and faith work as a tandem rather than having to completely disregard one in favor of the other?

Because Jimmy and the rest are too afraid to believe you are on this Earth for around 70 years give or take and return to the carbon cycle so they worship some made up fiction?

*lightening* Or I could be wron.......adggdffsssssscvxxxxxxxxxxxxxstsadfahh;krejklffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff