[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Some inconvenient truths

polksalet

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Focussing on the messenger instead of the message seems a little pointless. Is the news different because it's read by someone else? The facts remain as they are, don't they?

Ethos is important regardless of the message. Gore is a loon and I think more people would take global warming seriously of a more respectable person was spearheading the charge.

:D

I think my county's budget is larger than the budget for the whole state of Tennessee.

You're saying that like it's a good thing?

If the Democrats feel so firmly about this, they should set an example and stop consuming. I'll come by and visit you in yer cave and give you a ride to work on Tuesdays. You'll have to ride strapped to the hood because you'll probably stink without electricity.

It looks like 50.000000000000000000000000000001% of the population is now Democrat so it definitely will make a dent.

Is this the same principle your kind employed when referring to:

Rush Limbaugh

Bill Bennet

Ted Haggard

Newt Gingrich

Newt Gingrich has done a series of commentaries on NPR that are well-reasoned and intelligent, and while I don't agree with all of his opinions, he doesn't deserve to be grouped in with Rush Limbaugh.

If the Democrats feel so firmly about this, they should set an example and stop consuming. I'll come by and visit you in yer cave and give you a ride to work on Tuesdays. You'll have to ride strapped to the hood because you'll probably stink without electricity.

It looks like 50.000000000000000000000000000001% of the population is now Democrat so it definitely will make a dent.

:D

I'll pick ya up the other days but you'll have to ride in the bed of my truck. Fer the same reason as Tim points out.

Ethos is important regardless of the message. Gore is a loon and I think more people would take global warming seriously of a more respectable person was spearheading the charge.

You're saying that like it's a good thing?

Jimmy, you voted for Bush. Twice if I am not mistaken. Yer authority to comment on whether a poitical figure is a loon or not was revoked.

And the fact that the budget of my county may be larger than the state of Tennessee is a direct commentary on the per capita income, property values, business revenue generation of the county, etc. Of course, I said it like it was a good thing. Our public schools, roads, services (particularly for the mentally handicapped), etc., are among the very best in the country and that costs money.

Jimmy, you voted for Bush. Twice if I am not mistaken. Yer authority to comment on whether a poitical figure is a loon or not was revoked.

And the fact that the budget of my county may be larger than the state of Tennessee is a direct commentary on the per capita income, property values, business revenue generation of the county, etc. Of course, I said it like it was a good thing. Our public schools, roads, services (particularly for the mentally handicapped), etc., are among the very best in the country and that costs money.

Undoubtedly due to the unusual proportion of Redskins fans in the county.

Newt Gingrich has done a series of commentaries on NPR that are well-reasoned and intelligent, and while I don't agree with all of his opinions, he doesn't deserve to be grouped in with Rush Limbaugh.

+1.

:DGotcha. By that logic, reformed substance abusers are poor advocates for warning others about the dangers of abuse. I did vote for Bush and was royally burned and therefore am taking a closer look and the parade of clowns streaming by. I don't think Gore is a loon because he champions global warming awareness - far from it. I classify Al Gore as a loon because he's freaking :D

That may be true, but the state of Maryland (not unlike my own state and all the others, I suppose) pays the price for all that money staying there. In the 2004 data I found, MD ranks 31st in 4th and 8th grade competencies. MD also ranks 26th in deficit deficit spending. It's cool that you live in a nice area, but it's silly to compare one small county to a whole state, regardless of its color.

+1.

:DGotcha. By that logic, reformed substance abusers are poor advocates for warning others about the dangers of abuse. I did vote for Bush and was royally burned and therefore am taking a closer look and the parade of clowns streaming by. I don't think Gore is a loon because he champions global warming awareness - far from it. I classify Al Gore as a loon because he's freaking :D

That may be true, but the state of Maryland (not unlike my own state and all the others, I suppose) pays the price for all that money staying there. In the 2004 data I found, MD ranks 31st in 4th and 8th grade competencies. MD also ranks 26th in deficit deficit spending. It's cool that you live in a nice area, but it's silly to compare one small county to a whole state, regardless of its color.

You have not completed the twelve steps, my friend. When you have, you may comment on Gore. If he had won in 2000, we would not be in Iraq. Think about it.

I only referenced my county, not Maryland. And it is very amusing to compare a rich county to a poor asz state.

Edited by skins

I will put my county, Williamson County Tennessee, up against yours anyday.

OK. Go ahead and start. Im pretty sure you could fit 10 Williamson County Tennessees into Montgomery County, Maryland, though.

I doubt it. Nobody would want to live up there in that sewer. Everybody wants to live in Williamson County.

I doubt it. Nobody would want to live up there in that sewer. Everybody wants to live in Williamson County.

:D Go ahead start the comparisons. Why dont you start with average incomes?

Im pretty sure if it takes three people from yer county to earn as much as one from mine, I win.