[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cables for HD TV

Mark5

:D I tried to program the 30 sec skip and it didnt work so i tried to map it ot another button , it didnt work...one last time i tried to map to another button it didnt work....one of the buttons i tried to map to was button A

well since A is used for something else i probably shouldnt have done that because now that button doesnt work at all.....anyone have any idea how to reset the entire remote or to undo what has been done? i have been googling to no avail :D

:D I tried to program the 30 sec skip and it didnt work so i tried to map it ot another button , it didnt work...one last time i tried to map to another button it didnt work....one of the buttons i tried to map to was button A

well since A is used for something else i probably shouldnt have done that because now that button doesnt work at all.....anyone have any idea how to reset the entire remote or to undo what has been done? i have been googling to no avail :D

Try this link:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_to_use_a_...ming_the_Remote

It also explains why your programming possibly didn't work.

Edited by rocknrobn26

i have to verify but i think you can run a 28AWG up to 50' with no issues...as far as for most home setups 99.99% of people would never have the need to go to a larger Cable

True, but most runs are less than 6 feet as is mine. 40 extra feet of HDMI coiled up under your recever is silly. Room to room applications would be a different story...

True, but most runs are less than 6 feet as is mine. 40 extra feet of HDMI coiled up under your recever is silly. Room to room applications would be a different story...

my comment was because someone commented about HDMI losing its signal over its length and i just wanted everyone to know that in most applications you never have to worry about that

Try this link:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_to_use_a_...ming_the_Remote

It also explains why your programming possibly didn't work.

I tried this too and came up with the same problem. It has been fixed thanks to the link RR provided but I still cannot get the 30 second skip to work! I followed the directions perfectly and it won't work! Am i missing something?

I tried this too and came up with the same problem. It has been fixed thanks to the link RR provided but I still cannot get the 30 second skip to work! I followed the directions perfectly and it won't work! Am i missing something?

As per the link:

Note: This does not work on boxes with the Microsoft TV Foundation Interface (currently Washington State). As of firmware version 12.22 Insight Cable has disabled this feature. Comcast software Version 73.44 disabled this feature, but the latest software, Version 74.53-3321, re-enables it (this has been confirmed on the 3416 w/ 16.20 firmware). See software for more info.

I think I'll try it now and report back. BTW, w/ ComCrash there is a menu option that I believe states the s/w version, and maybe Firmware also.

Edit for:

Yup, it worked perfectly! I also confirmed that the s/w Version 74.53-3321 and the firmware is 16.20. I mapped it to the HD Zoom button. It doesn't matter 'cause I use my Harmony remote instead. Now I have to figure a way to put that code into a soft key on my Harmony. :D

Edited by rocknrobn26

As per the link:

I think I'll try it now and report back. BTW, w/ ComCrash there is a menu option that I believe states the s/w version, and maybe Firmware also.

Edit for:

Yup, it worked perfectly! I also confirmed that the s/w Version 74.53-3321 and the firmware is 16.20. I mapped it to the HD Zoom button. It doesn't matter 'cause I use my Harmony remote instead. Now I have to figure a way to put that code into a soft key on my Harmony. :D

I have the 73.44. That is probably why it is not working.