[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Randy Moss Trade Talk

Outshined

moss to GB makes a lot of sense, especially if the pack really are intent on doing whatever they can to give brett one last swing at the pinata.

but it would sure be funny watching packers fans struggle to embrace him. just as funny as watching the cowboys fans deal with the fact that their team signed TO to a hugh contract.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" part of the problem in Oak (and his last year or two in Minny) was that he was expected to take a leadership role. Bottom line is that if you're asking Randy Moss to lead your team, you have no leaders."

exactly...thats why i dont have much of a problem surrendering a 2nd rounder for him....worst case/malcontent moss isnt killing my locker room and were still contending...and i dont think anyone will point fingers at the the guys running the team for taking a shot(except ron borges)

like i said...i think moss shows up with renewed optimism and some professionalism knowing what kind of company he is in...and i think he knows being a key contributor while winning a ring will help cap off a hall of fame career

all in all...i think it could work in NE

moss to GB makes a lot of sense, especially if the pack really are intent on doing whatever they can to give brett one last swing at the pinata.

but it would sure be funny watching packers fans struggle to embrace him. just as funny as watching the cowboys fans deal with the fact that their team signed TO to a hugh contract.

I have a feeling Packers fans would have no problem with him if Favre had no problem with him.

POSTED 5:30 p.m. EST, February 28, 2007

RUMORS FLY OF RODGERS FOR MOSS

Word has reached PFT world headquarters of a rumored trade that would send Oakland Raiders receiver Randy Moss to the Green Bay Packers for quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

We're told that the Raiders want a first-round pick for Moss, and that the Packers have countered with an offer of Rodgers, who was Green Bay's first round pick in the 2005 draft.

Stay tuned. Though we never would have imagined that Moss and Packers quarterback Brett Favre could coexist, it looks like this one could indeed be going down.

Hell, I'd settle for a 3rd rounder...get it done Al.

If the Raiders do get Garcia, they could have Rodgers and Walters compete for backup. Once Garcia retired, one these two would then be ready to start.

I do not care how much talent he has or had,as a faithful Pack fan I do not want this turd in Green Bay.I will be more than happy with Jennings,Holiday or Ruvell Martin as a #2.As far as I am concerned he should be out of the league and never heard from again.The Packers need to stay on the current path and continue to build with youth and sound free agent signings.I absolutely despise Moss and always have.IMO he would be destructive to an extremely young team in Green Bay.

POSTED 5:30 p.m. EST, February 28, 2007

RUMORS FLY OF RODGERS FOR MOSS

Word has reached PFT world headquarters of a rumored trade that would send Oakland Raiders receiver Randy Moss to the Green Bay Packers for quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

We're told that the Raiders want a first-round pick for Moss, and that the Packers have countered with an offer of Rodgers, who was Green Bay's first round pick in the 2005 draft.

Stay tuned. Though we never would have imagined that Moss and Packers quarterback Brett Favre could coexist, it looks like this one could indeed be going down.

Hell, I'd settle for a 3rd rounder...get it done Al.

If the Raiders do get Garcia, they could have Rodgers and Walters compete for backup. Once Garcia retired, one these two would then be ready to start.

What is Rodgers value as a QB though? He got hurt the only time i saw him play, does he have an upside that I am not aware of? Not that i have an opinion that he DOESN'T... I really don't know much about him.

But really, if GB offered up a giant fargin cheese wheel in trade it would be a bargain.

|---------- PASSING -----------||----- RUSHING -----|  TOTAL 		  CMP  ATT   YD	YPA   TD INT  ATT   YD	YPA  TD	 YD   		  350  630  3947   6.27  18  18  431  1663  3.86   9   5610NFL rank --->   5	1	9	 27   20  20   21   23	21   24	 10

The only number I would count on drastically improving would be yds/att. IF he's got the ability and desire, the pass offense might improve across the board (this including a decrease in atts and yds), and the run offense would get a slight bump as well.

I may have been a little over eager in my #1 prediction but I expect the running game to improve now that the OL has gotten nothing but better.

I do not care how much talent he has or had,as a faithful Pack fan I do not want this turd in Green Bay.I will be more than happy with Jennings,Holiday or Ruvell Martin as a #2.As far as I am concerned he should be out of the league and never heard from again.The Packers need to stay on the current path and continue to build with youth and sound free agent signings.I absolutely despise Moss and always have.IMO he would be destructive to an extremely young team in Green Bay.

I can say I wasn't a fan of Moss when he was in Minny but that was because he was torching our secondary every time he played the Pack. However, if he comes to GB this year and let's say puts up 70-1,200-12-td's he will be very popular in WI.

I don't get why the Raiders would want Rodgers if GB doesn't want him. Everyone knows that Favre is gone after next year, so if Rodgers had any value as a QB prospect, GB would keep him, right? If GB has already looked at Rodgers and said "meh", why would Oakland want him versus a first-round pick? Especially since Rodgers is burdened with a first-round salary.

I don't get why the Raiders would want Rodgers if GB doesn't want him. Everyone knows that Favre is gone after next year, so if Rodgers had any value as a QB prospect, GB would keep him, right? If GB has already looked at Rodgers and said "meh", why would Oakland want him versus a first-round pick? Especially since Rodgers is burdened with a first-round salary.

Everyone? Not sure anyone knows that for sure.

Moss is no longer worth anything near a #1.