[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tarvaris Jackson

biggamer3

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Williamson led the entire NFL last year with 10 dropped passes. I just find the notion that Williamson having a breakout year as being way more optimistic than I could be given he was the starter in MIN with a veteran QB last year and only managed 455 yards and no scores in 14 games played. He's really fast and yet he only had a 12.3 YPC. I just do not see it myself.

Really? Are we possibly forgetting someone on our own team and all their drops last year???

From the Sporting News...

Owens caught 85 passes for 1,180 yards and an NFL-leading 13 touchdowns -- the best season by a Cowboys receiver since Hall of Famer Michael Irvin caught 111 passes for 1,603 yards and 10 TDs in 1995, Dallas' last Super Bowl season. But Owens also led the league with 17 dropped passes.

I'll be the last person to say T-Will is going to have a great year. He'll need to prove that to everyone. But besides the fact I don't think he led the league in drops last year, I also don't feel he had the benefit of a "veteran" QB last year, as Brad Johnson was absolutely HORRIBLE last year. Better hope Romo stays healthy all year... :D

Edited by BillyBalata

Really? Are we possibly forgetting someone on our own team and all their drops last year???

From the Sporting News...

Owens caught 85 passes for 1,180 yards and an NFL-leading 13 touchdowns -- the best season by a Cowboys receiver since Hall of Famer Michael Irvin caught 111 passes for 1,603 yards and 10 TDs in 1995, Dallas' last Super Bowl season. But Owens also led the league with 17 dropped passes.

I'll be the last person to say T-Will is going to have a great year. He'll need to prove that to everyone. But besides the fact I don't think he led the league in drops last year, I also don't feel he had the benefit of a "veteran" QB last year, as Brad Johnson was absolutely HORRIBLE last year. Better hope Romo stays healther all year... :D

aw snap

Okay, so I had to look it up.

So week 15 only had him catch 3 passes for 46 yards as far as Jackson is concerned (plus the interception).

Hmm d'oh, I knew I should have looked at the play-by-play on this one...

In week 16, it was the only week that Jackson was the starter all by himself. He threw 10 of 20 for 50 yards and one interception total. In the entire game. Williamson had one catch for one yard. He had one incompletion. That was in the first quarter so he never got another pass but I could find nothing about him being injured. He was benched in week 17 though he was only listed as probable on the injury report.

Williamson led the entire NFL last year with 10 dropped passes. I just find the notion that Williamson having a breakout year as being way more optimistic than I could be given he was the starter in MIN with a veteran QB last year and only managed 455 yards and no scores in 14 games played. He's really fast and yet he only had a 12.3 YPC. I just do not see it myself.

yeah, Owens led the league in drops, but i had no idea Williamson was so high up there. Good insight. OK so maybe I'm a bit over optimistic on him, but I do think he'll come into his own at some point this year or next. If not next, then never. They are both young, and now with a decent line, and two excellent running backs to pull defenders in, well, you never know. That WR corps is the pits up there in there in Minnesota, he's #1 on the team IMO. They are still a sub-par team and I won't be relying on these guys in 2007-8 but they are worth watching because of their huge upside and low attention.

I am also the guy that traded Steve Smith for Randy Moss last year. Sort of right, but definitely wrong. :D

In week 15 against the Jets, Jackson threw for 177 yds, 1 TD and 1 int. Brad Johnson threw for 96 yards and 1 TD in that game. Williamson had 6-74 but Troy Taylor had 6-81 and 1 TD as the top wideout. In that game, Brad Johnson threw Williamson five passes for three catches and 28 yards. Jackson threw eight passes to Williamson for three catches and 46 yards, four incompletions and one interception. So week 15 only had him catch 3 passes for 46 yards as far as Jackson is concerned (plus the interception).

It's interesting to note the yards per catch goes up significantly with Jackson. I know Williamson dropped a couple long balls from Jackson in one of those games and thats why he was benched. Imagine if he had a consistent receiver...

Edited by Outshined

the one thing that Jackson has over Carter is better coaching towards his position...

Parcells geared his playcalling to mask Carter's many glaring weaknesses and he did a fine job working around them..........for the 1st half of the season,...

I'm way late on this thread but re: the Carter comparison... I don't get it.

Carter was officially dropped by the Cowboys due to 1) a failed drug test, 2) poor attitude due to the signing of Testaverde, and 3) bad performance in first week of training camp. He caught on with the Jets, started 3 games due to Pennington's injury. Drug relapse (or just finally got caught again) in the 2004 playoffs. Released in the offseason. Treated for drug addiction and bipolar disorder. Signed by a CFL team in 2006 and cut within one month (probably due to another failed drug test). Arrested in December 2006 in Irving, TX on mary jane charges and was bailed out by a local radio talk show host. He's now in the Arena Football League's minor league.

Tarvaris Jackson was drafted last year. Played in 4 games at the end of last season, starting only 2. :D

I'd say Jackson has more than one thing better going for him than Carter at this point in their lives/careers.

Edited by kingfish247