Sign in to follow this  
Disfunction Junction

Joe Horn released

I was surprised when I saw this but I suppose it makes sense. The Saints offense functioned perfectly well without him in the line up while he was out so it wasn't worth paying him as much anymore.

I'd say he either goes to Green Bay or Kansas City.

I hate it hate it hate it :D

Probably my favorite Saint player ever.

I was surprised when I saw this but I suppose it makes sense. The Saints offense functioned perfectly well without him in the line up while he was out so it wasn't worth paying him as much anymore.

I'd say he either goes to Green Bay or Kansas City.

He's checking his value on the open market. He asked for his release to do this because he thinks he is worth more than the Saints offerred him.

If he is unable to attract a good offer he will return.

I hate it hate it hate it :D

Probably my favorite Saint player ever.

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

:D

Definetly a surprising move for the Saints, but he has been a let down the past two seasons...

Really hope this doesn't effect the Moss/Packers trade... :D

He's checking his value on the open market. He asked for his release to do this because he thinks he is worth more than the Saints offerred him.

He was the face of the franchise before Bush and Brees came but I think Saints fans are pretty much 50/50 on him.

He was the face of the franchise before Bush and Brees came but I think Saints fans are pretty much 50/50 on him.

Love the guy was great for the team, but from a business standpoint he has been injured for the past two years and with the arrival of Colston and Henderson $5 mil is steep for a roster bonus.

Serious question. Has there ever been a player that has asked for a release to test the free agent market only to go back to the original team?

There are a handful of other teams that need Horn more than the Saints do.

This isn't even close to being true

This is one of the sad realities of today's NFL. The player doesn't want to leave, the team wants him to stay, the fans want him to stay, but economically just doesn't make sense to keep him.

And from all accounts a great community guy as well.

This is one of the sad realities of today's NFL. The player doesn't want to leave, the team wants him to stay, the fans want him to stay, but economically just doesn't make sense to keep him.

If he wanted to stay bad enough he could reduce his salary requirements, ala Bettis.

If he wanted to stay bad enough he could reduce his salary requirements, ala Bettis.

Good point.

I guess thats what happens when you say nothing could keep you out of playing in the NFC Championship game and then you know you dont play and then still have the set to not take a pay cut. The Siants will be better off with out his mouth and me first attitude.

Here comes the stampede of Saints fans I hear them now... :D

I've been around him at the baseball field with his kid, Joe is a class act on & off the football field. He will be missed in New Orleans. Good Luck, Joe just stay away from Atlanta.

I wonder if A.J. will make a play for him. :D

God knows, the Chargers could use a dependable WR!! :D

I wonder if A.J. will make a play for him. :D

God knows, the Chargers could use a dependable WR!! :D

The key word there is depenable. injury issues last two years.

Colston jumps into the Top 10.

He was there already, horn has/had no bearing on that.

Colston jumps into the Top 10.

As I saw it around game 8 of last year Horn really was no longer dictating Colstons value.

He was there already, horn has/had no bearing on that.

Beat me to it.

As I saw it around game 8 of last year Horn really was no longer dictating Colstons value.

I disagree. I think this increases the reps between Colston and Brees and puts Colston into a bigger leadership role. Some would agree that they lost a veteran but I value this more than what Horn could teach Colston.

I disagree. I think this increases the reps between Colston and Brees and puts Colston into a bigger leadership role. Some would agree that they lost a veteran but I value this more than what Horn could teach Colston.

Actally I am almost positive if they dont end up with Horn coming back(which I doubt will happen) they will sign another vet WR. A Moulds or someone along those lines. Colston is awesome but not ready yet for the leadership role.

Not sure how many Saints games you watched last season but I promise you Colston was getting looks moreso than Horn at about midseason.

This move,if nobody of value is added, will benefit Henderson and Copper more than it will Colston.