[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Clements signed by Niners?

mitpdub

New link, not sure about source from Cincy though : http://www.49erswebzone.com/content/news/view.php?id=8896

Here's the text if you can't open it due to traffic:

According to Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com, free agent Nate Clements has been signed or will soon sign with the San Francisco 49ers. The report comes from Thomas Sorrell.

Email from Geoff Hobson:

Clements is gone to san fran for $23 M to sign - a deal the Bengals could have done if they cut the few guys who do play defense.

Only 6 teams allowed more passing yards last year than the 9ers. Clements will greatly improve that. Now get a top D-lineman with our first pick and the defense is on the way back to being respectable. I guess with the money they'll give Clements we won't have a shot at Adalius Thomas. Oh well, that's ok as long as we make improvements to the defense I'll be happy.

:D:D:tup::doh::D

CLEMENTS BLOWS OUT THE CURVE

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the San Francisco 49ers have signed cornerback Nate Clements.

It's a mind-boggling eight-year, $80 million deal, with $22 million in guaranteed money, and it makes Clements the highest-paid defensive player in NFL history.

A league source tells us that, as a practical matter, it's a six-year deal worth $7.25 million per year.

Clements was expected to be pursued by several teams. But he never got out of San Fran.

Edited by Outshined

hey 9er fans! I need some info on your young S & CB prospects. I would appreciate a PM when you get a chance. Thanks

Come on now after taking Lloyd and A. Carter, you're not interested in another player from us are you? :D

DAMMMMMIITTT!!!!!! This was the one guy I was afraid of the 49ers getting their hands on. Ten Mil may be a bit much, but this is a guy that could turn that whole franchise's outlook straight up. He is that good.

DAMMMMMIITTT!!!!!! This was the one guy I was afraid of the 49ers getting their hands on. Ten Mil may be a bit much, but this is a guy that could turn that whole franchise's outlook straight up. He is that good.

Michael Lewis??? This is the same guy who lost his job to Sean Considine. Yea, that dude who got trucked by McAllister in the playoffs. If they don't make Lewis an LB than they should give Clements another raise for having to also cover the guy Lewis was supposed to.