[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Randy Moss

gogo2146

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really have no way of knowing if they are truely interested or its just the media types making up a story because wr is a need

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=197387&st=25

but as ive said in other moss trade posts on here....i just think that if he goes somewhere that he cant question the competence of the coach and qb...hell be ok....their offensive coordinator last year, tom walsh, hadnt had a job in the nfl in something like 8 or 9 years...and i heard raiders players were telling people that his playbook resembled that of a high school coach

we had a little problem with terry glenn, our most talented receiver, one year...we sent him packing...never looked back and won a title....moss cant kill our locker room if we get worst case moss...and if it doesnt work out..i dunno how many people are gonna try and kill the decision makers for taking a chance on greatness

I see four main problems with Moss at this point in his career...

(1) He's getting older and has had injury issues in two of the past three seasons.

(2) Unlike, say, T.O., Randy won't run routes over the middle or block.

(3) He's going to be making WELL over $10 million/year.

(3) If he becomes a problem in the locker room or spends too much time off the field with injuries, getting rid of him won't be as easy as it was with Glenn. The cap hit to do so with be substantial.

I suppose that it's possible that Belichick puts all of that aside and takes a big chance. I just don't think that it'll happen.

Edited by Bill Swerski

I see four main problems with Moss at this point in his career...

(1) He's getting older and has had injury issues in two of the past three seasons.

(2) Unlike, say, T.O., Randy won't run routes over the middle or block.

(3) He's going to be making WELL over $10 million/year.

(3) If he becomes a problem in the locker room or spends too much time off the field with injuries, getting rid of him won't be as easy as it was with Glenn. The cap hit to do so with be substantial.

I suppose that it's possible that Belichick puts all of that aside and takes a big chance. I just don't think that it'll happen.

im pretty sure everytime you read an article about moss being traded....youll find something being mentioned about him having to restructure his deal

coincidentally..the only two years, where hes missed multiple games due to injury, have also come in the years where hes asked out of an organization...i wonder to what extent some of his inury issues might have been exaggerated...

one cant deny his age...but like i said...i cant help but wonder that being traded to the patriots might put an "extra pep in his step"

i cant help but wonder that being traded to the patriots might put an "extra pep in his step"

Good point. Because we all know that Randy plays only when Randy wants to play. :D

The Pats really do need a true #1 WR, though. Welker and Caldwell are solid #2s, but neither is the type of receiver that's going to make huge plays year-round and put fear into opposing secondaries.

Good point. Because we all know that Randy plays only when Randy wants to play. :D

The Pats really do need a true #1 WR, though. Welker and Caldwell are solid #2s, but neither is the type of receiver that's going to make huge plays year-round and put fear into opposing secondaries.

Dont forget about Chad Jackson. If he can ever get past this injury bug he's been bitten by. He's young and now a year behind schedule with all the time he's missed, but I really like the potential in him. As for Moss, I just cant picture him in a Pats uni this upcomming season.

If the price isn't too steep - say a fourth rounder or lower - I'm open to this idea. Maybe I'm being naive, but I could see this relationship working out.

I think the clean, family-oriented atmosphere in Green Bay would bring out the hidden, mild-mannered, workhorse side of Mr. Moss.

:D

Sorry, I tried, but even I can't see it.

Just reading between the lines. It seems like if this statement from the article is true . . .

Packers have been given permission to talk to Moss' agent about restructuring his contract.

. . . then the deal is all but done. Typically you wouldn't start talking with an agent if the front end of the deal hasn't been agreed to. The only two snags are if they can't agree on a new contract and if the board of directors for the Packers votes "no".

I have a hunch that Kabeer Baja Biamila will be a part of this deal. Not Aaron Rogers.

Edited by PaulOttCarruth

Just reading between the lines. It seems like if this statement from the article is true . . .

. . . then the deal is all but done. Typically you wouldn't start talking with an agent if the front end of the deal hasn't been agreed to. The only two snags are if they can't agree on a new contract and if the board of directors for the Packers votes "no".

I have a hunch that Kabeer Baja Biamila will be a part of this deal. Not Aaron Rogers.

Yeah, KGB makes sense here.

I think that Moss would be a good fit in GB's offense, but it would mean that either Driver or Jennings would be the odd-man-out. If I'm Al Davis, I'd probably want a WR back in return. Or would they just run a lot of 3-WR sets with Jennings in the slot, while giving up a pick and/or a defensive player?

Edited by Bill Swerski

I think that Moss would be a good fit in GB's offense, but it would mean that either Driver or Jennings would be the odd-man-out. If I'm Al Davis, I'd probably want a WR back in return. Or would they just run a lot of 3-WR sets with Jennings in the slot, while giving up a pick and/or a defensive player?

Or maybe they take Calvin Johnson with that first pick. :D

I've heard Turd Ferguson mentioned as an option going back to Oakland but why they would want him is beyond me. A deal of KGB and a 4th rounder sounds about right.

And yes, I would imagine that we would run more three WR sets, esepcially considering our lack of depth at TE.

From a "slow down and watch the car wreck" perspective, I hope Moss goes to Green Bay, to see the side show of the Vikes/Pack games. The additional bonus as a Vikes fan would be that the Packers would also be stuck with Moss for the remaining 15 games. Yeah, Moss would love hanging out in Green Bay...

From a "slow down and watch the car wreck" perspective, I hope Moss goes to Green Bay, to see the side show of the Vikes/Pack games. The additional bonus as a Vikes fan would be that the Packers would also be stuck with Moss for the remaining 15 games. Yeah, Moss would love hanging out in Green Bay...

You're a Vikings fan, yet you hae LJ as your avatar?

Be honest, the last thing you want to see is Green Bay roll into town. Now add an amped up Randy Moss, the score would be so ugly so quick. Maybe if the Vikings had a halfway decent team or something.

As this pans out I hope Moss does goto GB his numbers will be great next year and Favre will demand him to give 100%. Moss is running out of places to go so I hope something get done soon. I think KGB and a and RF for Moss would fit the bill maybee a pick in there somewhere.

I'm just happy I traded for him late last year and he was a throw in with S. Jackson for BOLDIN AND R. BROWN.

I hope the turd ends up on Green Bay!

I think the clean, family-oriented atmosphere in Green Bay would bring out the hidden, mild-mannered, workhorse side of Mr. Moss.

:D

GB's atmosphere probably wouldn't do it, but playing with Favre just might. He's a guy who manages to get the most out of the players around him, and if he can turn FBOC Freeman & Schroeder into serious threats at WR, think of what he could do with a guy like Moss.

GB's atmosphere probably wouldn't do it, but playing with Favre just might. He's a guy who manages to get the most out of the players around him, and if he can turn FBOC Freeman & Schroeder into serious threats at WR, think of what he could do with a guy like Moss.

If anyone thinks Randy Moss will listen to and respect Brett Favre you are in for a big letdown...Moss will be fine as long as Brett gets him the ball and they are winning...but understand one thing, Moss listens to no one, he does whatever HE feels like doing...