[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Randy Moss

gogo2146

You're a Vikings fan, yet you hae LJ as your avatar?

Be honest, the last thing you want to see is Green Bay roll into town. Now add an amped up Randy Moss, the score would be so ugly so quick. Maybe if the Vikings had a halfway decent team or something.

The first line in your post was just addressed. As for the second part, no, I am not at all afraid to see Green Bay "roll" into town. Especially if Koren Robinson is driving...the Pack would miss the exit and end up in North Dakota... :D

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Packers, Raiders not close on Moss trade

By BOB MCGINN

bmcginn@journalsentinel.com

Posted: March 15, 2007

Green Bay - The Green Bay Packers and Oakland Raiders are not close to a trade in which the Packers would acquire wide receiver Randy Moss, NFL sources familiar with the situation told the Journal Sentinel today.

Officials from both teams labeled as inaccurate a report written by Michael Felger of the Boston Herald quoting a source in Wisconsin that the two teams "are on the verge of announcing a trade that would send the troubled wide receiver to Green Bay in exchange for backup quarterback Aaron Rodgers."

"It's all a joke," a personnel man for one of the two clubs said.

"It's not true," said another personnel man for one of the two teams. "That's just stupid."

Felger, who covers the New England Patriots, is a native of Wisconsin and has friends in the state. His four-paragraph story appeared on the Herald Web site at mid-morning. Later, Felger added a paragraph indicating that a source close to Rodgers adamantly denied his report.

The Raiders rated Rodgers over Alex Smith before the 2005 draft. The only quarterback on their roster is Andrew Walter. Obviously, they need quarterbacks.

But earlier in the week an NFL source with knowledge of the Raiders told the Journal Sentinel that he doubted the team would have interest in Rodgers.

On Feb. 28, the Journal Sentinel reported that the two teams had been discussing Moss for a considerable length of time. On Tuesday, the Journal Sentinel reported that Packers GM Ted Thompson had spoken to Raiders owner Al Davis about a deal for Moss, and that the Raiders were confident about their ability to obtain a draft choice for Moss.

In the last few days, however, other NFL sources said that Thompson is inclined just to wait out Davis with the expectation that the Raiders either will release Moss or trade him to Green Bay for a mid-to-late round draft choice.

Rodgers, a first-round draft choice in 2005, hasn't been overly impressive during two training camps and two appearances in the regular season. Also, in November, he suffered a broken left foot, an injury from which he apparently now is fully recovered.

Still, the Packers not only don't have another viable backup to Brett Favre, they also have no heir apparent. They definitely want to see more of Rodgers as they determine whether he can play.

The Packers probably wouldn't give up Rodgers to any team in exchange for a player that they seem convinced they can get on the cheap later on.

Thompson was on the road in Georgia on a scouting trip and unavailable for comment.

link

Too bad it didn't come to pass. I don't think Aaron Rodgers is the QB for the Pack and the Pack needs a decetn TE instead of stone hands Franks (and letting Martin go to Miami). I'm not a fan of Moss and I don't like the idea of him coming to Green Bay - but like so many fans have said - if we get a super bowl because of him...we would forgive him. Much like bringing Andre Rison in when the Pack beat the Pats for the Superbowl. Rison was a bad boy but did the trick and helped us win.

Where there is so much smoke I would tend to think there is some fire. So I guess we wait and see.

I think that Moss would be a good fit in GB's offense, but it would mean that either Driver or Jennings would be the odd-man-out. If I'm Al Davis, I'd probably want a WR back in return. Or would they just run a lot of 3-WR sets with Jennings in the slot, while giving up a pick and/or a defensive player?

Packers would have to be insane to trade either Driver or Jennings for Moss, IMO. Driver is possibly the most underrated receiver in the league and Jennings is full of potential.

Moss, OTOH, is well over the hill.