[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Henry signs 5 year deal

Popeye

Don't get upset just because you didn't trade for him.

:D

I think Henry is underated and has a relatively low odometer for his age. He could be a good signing for the Broncos and a good #2RB for fantasy football rosters next year. His value increased by signing w/ Denver but methinks you are a bit biased by being a youngster Bronco fan who has Henry on your dynasty team.

In Henry's 6-year career he had 2 very good years in 2002 and 2003. Other than that he has averaged less than 700 yards and 4 TDs a year. He turns 29 next season and wasn't able to win/keep starting jobs in competition w/ McGahee and Chris Brown. Now he has been deemed expendable by the Titans who apparently are prepared to hand the job to an unproven young player who is mostly known for coming into training camp out of shape and being injury prone.

:D

I think Henry is underated and has a relatively low odometer for his age. He could be a good signing for the Broncos and a good #2RB for fantasy football rosters next year. His value increased by signing w/ Denver but methinks you are a bit biased by being a youngster Bronco fan who has Henry on your dynasty team.

In Henry's 6-year career he had 2 very good years in 2002 and 2003. Other than that he has averaged less than 700 yards and 4 TDs a year. He turns 29 next season and wasn't able to win/keep starting jobs in competition w/ McGahee and Chris Brown. Now he has been deemed expendable by the Titans who apparently are prepared to hand the job to an unproven young player who is mostly known for coming into training camp out of shape and being injury prone.

Agree except for Tennessee deeming him expendable. They just weren't willing to pay quite a steep price - and they very well may regret that. Also he did flat beat out Brown and White last year to claim the job with tough running, good blocking, and an overlooked part of his game that improved: he seemed to find the cure for the fumble-es that plagued him in Buffalo.

That being said, it's waay to premature to say Henry is going to be a "great" back in Denver. He'll be in committee with Bell and he'll suck it up, obvious he won't be a cancer in an RBBC, and Shanahan probably knows and loves that.

I'll bet he finishes 800-1000 yards. And probably somewhere around 6-7 TDs. Still probably worth a mid round pick.

Also he did flat beat out Brown and White last year to claim the job with tough running, good blocking, and an overlooked part of his game that improved: he seemed to find the cure for the fumble-es that plagued him in Buffalo.

I could be wrong but my recollection was he won the job by default, but ran effectively. Wasnt Brown in the doghouse from the start of the season while White was hurt?

Wow, this should be incredibly interesting to see shake out. I know the DEN coaching staff is high on M Bell's potential. Henry has had 2 325+ carry seasons previously, but hasn't passed 270 carries in the past 3 seasons.

DEN's top RB group has averaged 417 carries the past 5 years (since TD retired). I'd say whomever stands out between Henry & M Bell ought to get in the neighborhood of 270 carries with 145 left for the other guy - unless one guy really stands out - which I'm guessing Henry has a better chance of. Then the split would probably go to 310/110 or something along those lines - Shanahan will use a stud RB a ton if he has one.

Then there's still the upcoming draft...

No way do they draft a RB high in this draft after signing Henry. Good move for them IMO. He's an excellent fit in their O and I see Bell taking only a modest # of carries away. Very solid FF potential too. Unless of course I draft him.